2019-2020 Lumberjack Basketball

319,490 Views | 1447 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFASawmillGuy
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA Jack Fanatic
The transformation that our guys are undergoing in the weight room is amazing!!
Pilotgirl
Did y'all see Desmond 4 Point play Haymon is going to LATech to coach?? Excuse me while I cry myself to sleep...
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

Did y'all see Desmond 4 Point play Haymon is going to LATech to coach?? Excuse me while I cry myself to sleep...

Yeah, that's just not right! Wonder who Coach K will get to replace him. We were already shorthanded, with Coach Mason battling his severe health issue and not being able to spend much time in the gym.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I saw that Duke freshman SG Cassius Stanley has broken Zion Williamson's school record for verticle leap of over 45".

I say: Our guards and bigs won't let him get close enough to the hoop to show off that talent.
nacluth
Pilotgirl said:

Sad to hear it, but wish Des the best. He gave me one of the greatest sports experiences ever.
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Pilotgirl said:

Yeah, that's just not right! Wonder who Coach K will get to replace him. We were already shorthanded, with Coach Mason battling his severe health issue and not being able to spend much time in the gym.
For his career, at some point Haymon needed to move on. Is La Tech a step up? About seven weeks before the season starts is not good. Also, at an important time in the recruiting cycle. Hopefully Keller has known this was a possibility for awhile, and has been working on a possible replacement. Last season it was preseason injuries. This year, preseason coaching staff.
BigJack85
Not a huge surprise in my estimation. Like many have said. He needed to move to another D1 program to round out his resume.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
PurpleOut
Staff
Yeah I don't like it. Hate losing him to our overall system and recruiting style. But, I'd say LaTech is a very slight step up at least. And I'm assuming they can pay more.

Best of luck Des!
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Yeah I don't like it. Hate losing him to our overall system and recruiting style. But, I'd say LaTech is a very slight step up at least. And I'm assuming they can pay more.

Best of luck Des!

Ya I'd imagine he's getting a raise.

Interested to see who the replacement will be. Let's hire a major recruits Dad like all the other schools do.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

Interested to see who the replacement will be. Let's hire a major recruits Dad like all the other schools do.
Only if he, or she, can coach. We don't have the luxury of having a bench warmer on the payroll.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

Wait. Exactly what are you insinuating, Texan??
PurpleOut
Staff
No-look
I'm assuming Nana and Posey have arrived for visit?
SFAJack_76
Game times for both BB teams should be posted before long. Weekday games will be 6:30 again. Saturday will generally be 2:00 and 4:30 again. All subject to change of course.

The delay has been largely due to waiting on TV.

TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

Game times for both BB teams should be posted before long. Weekday games will be 6:30 again. Saturday will generally be 2:00 and 4:30 again. All subject to change of course.

The delay has been largely due to waiting on TV.

Dang. It's tough to drive down to Nac & get there for tipoff for the 630 games.
CertifiedAxeman98
I wish they would post the games they know already like some road games that are already posted on the other teams site.

It will be interesting to see when they play on the 9th considering there is a Ladyjack basketball game at 11 then a football game at 3.
Ljacks&Longnecks
I don't get the 6:30 start, why not 7 to give working folks or out of towners some extra time to arrive.

As for the Nov 9th men's game, it sure needs to be no earlier than a 7:30 start considering the football game is at 3pm and we know how those games can stretch out.
Ljacks&Longnecks
So the MBB game vs NC Central is scheduled for 1:30 on Nov 9th. Figure most won't care with football struggling but I don't like it as it will conflict with start of football game and I wanted a 3 fer for my trip. Have to settle for 2 bb games and 3/4 football I guess.
SFAJack_76
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

So the MBB game vs NC Central is scheduled for 1:30 on Nov 9th. Figure most won't care with football struggling but I don't like it as it will conflict with start of football game and I wanted a 3 fer for my trip. Have to settle for 2 bb games and 3/4 football I guess.
I don't understand that scheduling either.

For those that haven't noticed, game times for both BB teams are posted.
CertifiedAxeman98
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

I guess the tailgating will happen in the Coliseum. At least that is where I will be. And this means I will be getting back to Katy earlier as well.

I guess they did it this way to have the BB games go back to back.

We also need a good showing at that game since NC Central won their conference tournament last year and lost a close game in Dayton last year to North Dakota State. They are not a team to sleep on. They lose their leading scorer from last year center Raasean Davis so we will see how all their transfers and JUCO's that are coming in workout.
PurpleOut
Staff
Guard Tyler Zivney added to the roster, guessing a walk-on. Previously played at Oklahoma Baptist in 2016-2017 (freshman season).

Also...new uniforms!

PurpleOut
Staff
Looks like he's been in school for a while and played in some sort of Intramural tournament.

SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

Guard Tyler Zivney added to the roster, guessing a walk-on. Previously played at Oklahoma Baptist in 2016-2017 (freshman season).

Also...new uniforms!

Must have caught someone's eye in intramurals play. At the very least, looks like he'll provide very good practice competition. May even help out in games occasionally if we're hit by the injury monster again (God forbid). Four-time first-team all-district at Rockwall Heath. That's not too shabby.

As to the new uni's... ehhh...
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

PurpleOut said:

Also...new uniforms!

Must have caught someone's eye in intramurals play. At the very least, looks like he'll provide very good practice competition. May even help out in games occasionally if we're hit by the injury monster again (God forbid). Four-time first-team all-district at Rockwall Heath. That's not too shabby.

Ed you told me you killed the injury monster. You said you ran it over with one of your cruise ships.
jboy93
I think maybe his uncle played for SFA back in the late 80's. Anyone remember Chris Zivney?
CertifiedAxeman98
TallTexan said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

PurpleOut said:

Also...new uniforms!

Ed you told me you killed the injury monster. You said you ran it over with one of your cruise ships.
I hope he backed up and ran it over a 2nd and 3rd time as well.
SFASawmillGuy
I know I'm in the minority but I love our black and purple uniforms. I think it's such a good combination and looks really good on tv.
CertifiedAxeman98
CertifiedAxeman98
jboy93 said:

I think maybe his uncle played for SFA back in the late 80's. Anyone remember Chris Zivney?
Is this who you were thinking of in the early 90's?

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/chris-zivney-1.html

A couple of years before I showed up to SFA.
SFA Jack Fanatic
jboy93 said:

Way before my time , Jeremy, but may have had a little something to do with him landing this gig.
PurpleOut
Staff
I've always liked the black unis, I just thought we wore them too often. The other issue we had those before Keller started and then he put the names on the back afterwards in a font that was way too big. That was my only complaint.
PurpleOut
Staff
SFAJack_76
Great news!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.