2019-2020 Lumberjack Basketball

315,412 Views | 1447 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFASawmillGuy
No-look
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

wahlwesle said:

Anybody have a recap of the Rice scrimmage?

Jacks won by 5. No other info available.
Two scrimmages and two wins against decent teams. It could be a lot worse. Lol
CertifiedAxeman98
Rice was not good last year with a loosing record and has not been good for several years so just beating them by 5 is not giving me hope for the first part of the season. In the SLC the only way to the NCAA is the SLC tourney so that is really all that matters for the non-con games matter for seeding in the tournament.

I am sticking with my prediction that we win the first 4 home games. We play a D2 team followed by North Carolina Central which is a game that gives me the most heart burn of the first four. A team that was in the NCAA last year and was 3rd in their conference. Kenpom has them at 320 so we should win. Then on to a team that had their brand new coach walk out the door before he ever coached a game and ranked by Kenpom at 327. Then lastly Drexel a 237 Kenpom team which we can't ignore but should be able able to win at home.
RichieVan
Looks like we may have a chance against Duke. If there's concern about us beating Troy by 7 and Rice by 5, how about this?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/duke-almost-lost-an-exhibition-game-to-a-division-ii-team-at-cameron-indoor-stadium-and-blue-devil-fans-have-a-right-to-be-concerned/ar-AAJqsv6?ocid=spartanntp
No-look
Rice beat Northwestern state by 28 last year and beat La Tech by 22. Not saying they were very good just decent. ... With no injuries and time to gel I'm hoping we will be very competitive come conference.
No-look
Jacks not getting any respect in the Mid Majors media. I guess after last year that may be deserving. Got to earn our way back at the top. I think it could happen this year. Stay healthy and start the season with a win and don't look back.
CertifiedAxeman98
No-look said:

Jacks not getting any respect in the Mid Majors media. I guess after last year that may be deserving. Got to earn our way back at the top. I think it could happen this year. Stay healthy and start the season with a win and don't look back.
When it come to the media and Mid-Majors, your only as good as your last at bat.
cboothe09
Mid-Major Madness did their at-large predictions. New Orleans (3 votes) and Sam Houston (2 votes) were the selections from the SLC.
Generation II
Kevon just had a "procedure", that was successful. Any insight?
No-look
Generation II said:

???
CertifiedAxeman98
I just saw Kevon's tweet. I hope he had a hangnail fixed. If not it's like the Sports Illustrated curse. They may need to a start putting walk-ones on the front of the season tickets.
LUMBERJACK2005
PurpleOut said:

I'll get used to them, but gotta be honest, I'm not really digging the new home unis. The white lettering just looks off.

I like them. White on white is tough to see on film though, speaking from experience. Is there a rule or mandate from NCAA against having white numbers, or did they just choose purple numbers to mix it up?
LUMBERJACK2005
No-look said:

Generation II said:

????
Any word on this??
PurpleOut
Staff
He's good.
No-look
I can be friends with this guy.
BigJack85
I hope he's right.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
No-look
A little something to get the blood pumping. Complete game. Walkup was all world but Pinkney played a spectacular game! And that defense!
nacluth
I've always thought Trey was the best player on that team hands down. Walkup still is a phenomenal player, but Trey made that team work- up and down. One day there may be a statue to Walkup out front of the Coliseum, but I hope he has his arm over Trey's shoulder.
SfaTke596
Thanks, for the link no-look. I just rewatched the entire game... I still get goosebumps! What a game.
No-look
SfaTke596 said:

Thanks, for the link no-look. I just rewatched the entire game... I still get goosebumps! What a game.
Yep, That defense was tenacious.
SFASawmillGuy
nacluth said:

I've always thought Trey was the best player on that team hands down. Walkup still is a phenomenal player, but Trey made that team work- up and down. One day there may be a statue to Walkup out front of the Coliseum, but I hope he has his arm over Trey's shoulder.

Brad referred to Trey as the Peyton Manning of basketball one time in the sense he could see the entire court and almost always put the ball where only his teammates could get it. Everyone on the team including Trey new that he was as probably the worst shot on the team, but without him that team didn't look right offensively.
On defense he was tenacious. If he saw an opening and could get the steal, he wouldn't hesitate. His small size helped him be sneaky.
Brad once said off the record that Trey was a few inches away from being an easy choice as an NBA draft pick. The dude didn't score, he forced his team to score.
SFASawmillGuy
Really that entire team was magical.

Tom was always the double digit scorer guy and always had great games, but there was always 2 or 3 people behind him also doing that. That team wasn't a Southland team. It was a Big 12 team playing in the SLC. We were a second away from a sweet 16 berth and likely an elite 8 appearance.
PurpleOut
Staff
Has anyone outside of Nac received their tickets? They're really cutting it close.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Got my tickets on Weds the 30th...I'm in Austin.

Someone called me from ticket office on that Monday asking did I want them mailed or pick them up since opener was getting close. I went for mail since my first trip will be the 9th.
wahlwesle
I was told by the ticket office they weren't mailing them. Maybe it's because I live in Nac? They told me I could get them at Jack Madness, stop by and pick them up at the ticket office, or at will call on game day.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Has anyone outside of Nac received their tickets? They're really cutting it close.

I got mine a few weeks ago in Palestine. Like 3 days after ordering.
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

No. I'm in Lake Jackson, south of Houston.
PurpleOut
Staff
Thanks for the replies, really odd. Especially TallTexan getting his weeks ago?
CertifiedAxeman98
I received mine last Wednesday. I'm in Katy outside of Houston.
Pilotgirl
Haven't bought season tickets yet (and it might be too late). Will go to Sat games and some away games around here (HBU, Incarnate Word, Lamar) for men and women. Just don't know if I will be in Nac enough to justify season tickets. Will probably regret it but there is always next year!
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

Haven't bought season tickets yet (and it might be too late). Will go to Sat games and some away games around here (HBU, Incarnate Word, Lamar) for men and women. Just don't know if I will be in Nac enough to justify season tickets. Will probably regret it but there is always next year!
Probably not too late. We bought ours two games into last season.

But if it's going to be infrequent, chances are someone on here might have tickets for any given game that they can't attend.

It probably makes sense if you think you'll make more than 1/3 of the home games.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Thanks for the replies, really odd. Especially TallTexan getting his weeks ago?
There are perks to being named Most Valuable Poster 2 years running on Sawmill.

Ready to defend my title.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I'd really like to see the results of that poll. Sounds like there's something rotten in Denmark, er Palestine.
No-look
TallTexan said:

PurpleOut said:

I got mine a few weeks ago in Palestine. Like 3 days after ordering.
Word on the street is that the University hand delivered them to Palestine???
sfa17
Time to sign up for ESPN Plus again.
PurpleOut
Staff
Update on tickets, appears some may have been printed late and were not mailed. They'll be at Will Call.

No update on the transfer option yet, still not available.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.