2019-2020 Lumberjack Basketball

317,628 Views | 1447 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFASawmillGuy
Jacks4460
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nacluth said:

There's going to be more leniency given behind the paywall as always. But we're always going to be protective of the student athletes. Let's refrain from speaking for them. Hope this is understandable.

Still didn't answer my question Nac about the paying forum and the edits.. it was a simple yes or no..yes I would of edited it or no I wouldn't of edited it..
nacluth
What I want to avoid is saying "this is what some player said..." or "this is what some player was told..." or "this is why some player acts this way - because of..." Mitch, like potentially any other student athlete still has a potential collegiate/professional career ahead of them. I would not like people/schools/coaches coming here to find information as if it's from him. This public forum is not going to affect his future by insinuation/speculation.

Other inside info will be allowed behind the paywall.
purplitis72
What do you mean behind the playwall? Do you mean private messaging?
Jacks4460
Nac thanks for your explanation.. now I understand better... I appreciate your response..
nacluth
There is a Premium forum that you have to pay for the right to read. You are a Premium member and can read it. The difference is that those forums are not searchable by google and other search engines like this public thread is. More leniency about what is discussed is given there (not without limits).
purplitis72
Thank you. Would you private message me and tell me how to visit it?
TallTexan
purplitis72 said:

It's just the Sawmill Premium forum on the top of the list of forums. Just like this, it has different lists for different topics.
No-look
purplitis72 said:

Same one you have posted on...
pka01
Dorsey and zuckerberg would love this website. Staff edits all naughty words for the easily offended and overly sensitive. I'm embarrassed to be an SFA alum based on this site.

Stating someone is getting another change is obserd for a business. I hope no one subscribed for this. Let the Nazi staff and it's hand full of overly sensitive parents pay for it.
I love you and good bye!
SFA Jack Fanatic
I just started a new tread in the WRJ Forum called MBB Coaching Discussion. PLEASE move all discussion/criticism/praise of Keller and his staff to that thread.

Personally, I (and some others) come to this thread every day in hopes of seeing discussions of our new players and what we might expect from them individually and/or as a team. All I see are guys CONSTANTLY criticizing each other as well as anything and everything that Keller and staff does. So, PLEASE move those discussions over there so I (we) don't have to see them anymore if I (we) don't have to. Thank you.
Ljacks&Longnecks
If you are going where the deer and the antelope play...would you kindly take one with you.
nacluth
Sorry for all the edits. Moderation doesn't imply wrong doing. If your post gets edited, it's not to hurt your feelings or punish you. While we want this forum to be as open as possible, it's not truly a "say whatever you want whenever and however" site. For the most part, as long as you're nice, you get to stay. Personal attacks get you gone.

Criticism is welcomed as is discussion. Of course, you choose to be here, and we hope you stay. But if the Sawmill is not a fit for you as it is, we wish you well.
CottonValleyJack
BigJack85 said:

It's enough to listen to Bearkats crow about football. Your dreaming if you think Keller is bringing us back. Lost.
Jacks4460
This is some funny stuff.. Tell us how u feel...
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I just started a new tread in the WRJ Forum called MBB Coaching Discussion. PLEASE move all discussion/criticism/praise of Keller and his staff to that thread.

Personally, I (and some others) come to this thread every day in hopes of seeing discussions of our new players and what we might expect from them individually and/or as a team. All I see are guys CONSTANTLY criticizing each other as well as anything and everything that Keller and staff does. So, PLEASE move those discussions over there so I (we) don't have to see them anymore if I (we) don't have to. Thank you.

FINALLY ...much obliged! I wouldve done it but think it would have gone unnoticed.
purplitis72
LMAO.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

FINALLY ...much obliged! I wouldve done it but think it would have gone unnoticed.

It would not have gone unnoticed, Pilot. I took your idea and went with it.
PurpleOut
Staff
pka01 said:

Dorsey and zuckerberg would love this website. Staff edits all naughty words for the easily offended and overly sensitive. I'm embarrassed to be an SFA alum based on this site.

Stating someone is getting another change is obserd for a business. I hope no one subscribed for this. Let the Nazi staff and it's hand full of overly sensitive parents pay for it.
I love you and good bye!
See ya later!

Do I need to have the same discussion (that I've had with several of you before) again? If you have questions about the rules and how this forum operates, you can easily send me a message. It's again extremely simple.
CertifiedAxeman98
Back to the 19/20 basketball:

Some questions I have.

When do the new recruits get to campus and when do they start practicing?

Do they practice in the summer and are any of them open to the public?
SfaFan15
With Seraille being gone, I'm curious to see who will be the 4 for next year's squad. I feel like Kensmil and Daniels would be the best options but I doubt they will be on the floor at the same time in order to conserve energy/depth down low.

I'm guessing we are going to have some undersized guys to back them up. Maybe Hart, Pope, Solomon or Brown? I'm honestly not sure what position those guys are best suited for. Seems like they have been listed to play every position in the lineup.
nacluth
I called last year to ask if I could attend any practices, and the answer I got was no. Now I know they have had open practices in the past, but I guess it could have just been me.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SfaFan15 said:

With Seraille being gone, I'm curious to see who will be the 4 for next year's squad. I feel like Kensmil and Daniels would be the best options but I doubt they will be on the floor at the same time in order to conserve energy/depth down low.

I'm guessing we are going to have some undersized guys to back them up. Maybe Hart, Pope, Solomon or Brown? I'm honestly not sure what position those guys are best suited for. Seems like they have been listed to play every position in the lineup.

Based on nothing more than JUCO stats and a couple of videos, I'd put Daniels as the starter at the 4 for now, with Kensmil as his backup. If Pope gets here, he has the body to bang down low, so he would be a good option off the bench.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Has anyone taken a look at recruiting (early and late recruits) by any or all of the other SLC schools? I'd be interested in comparing their recruit classes to ours. I can't imagine any of them having the excellent haul of talent that we have coming in.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Does anyone want to take a shot at ID'ing some out-of-conference opponents for next year? I assume that an away game at Alabama will be a one, right, even though Avery Johnson left there with a bag of cash?
purplitis72
Has anyone heard whether or not Tylan Pope is still eligible to play D1 ball this year?
PurpleOut
Staff
He took his test just a week or so ago, normally takes a few weeks to come back I believe.
No-look
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Does anyone want to take a shot at ID'ing some out-of-conference opponents for next year? I assume that an away game at Alabama will be a one, right, even though Avery Johnson left there with a bag of cash?
Probably won't be Baylor. Lol
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Probably won't be Baylor. Lol
Hmmm.. I wonder why?
purplitis72
After this past season, just about any high major would be happy to play us on their home floor.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Can someone tell me what is allowed in the way of coaches' contacts with and/or working with players during the off-season? Or just point me in the direction of the NCAA rules.
SFA Jack Fanatic
purplitis72 said:

After this past season, just about any high major would be happy to play us on their home floor.
Maybe, but probably no high majors in Texas. They saw what happened to Baylor and will not take the chance of also losing to little ol' SFA and how that would affect their in-state recruiting.
jboy93
Way to go Fanatic! Getting everyone focused back on actual stuff that matters!
TallTexan
I'd love to get a game with Houston if we could.

I think we need an all sports series with LA Tech.

And I'd love to see us get more midmajors for regular home & homes. Arkansas Little Rock, Chattanooga, & the like. Maybe get a game near Atlanta, that'd be big for us.

Could we swing Scott Cross at Troy for a home & home?

I'm curious to see how having Ivey this time around affects getting basketball games scheduled.
TallTexan
Also, SLC needs to get off their tails & get a conference challenge scheduled. Don't care who it is, IMO D1 games are better than D2/D3.
No-look

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.