2019-2020 Lumberjack Basketball

318,653 Views | 1447 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFASawmillGuy
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A classic.
purplitis72
Baylor would be more than willing to play us again. They shot a horrible percentage from the field even when they had wide open shots they missed them. They know that the chances of us beating them again would be very slim. Reality my friends.
TallTexan
The coaching staff yes, the fans, not so much. There'd be a good amount of grumbling from the Baylor faithful if we were on the schedule next year.

They'll probably give it a few years before we end up back on the schedule.
PurpleOut
Staff
purplitis72 said:

Baylor would be more than willing to play us again. They shot a horrible percentage from the field even when they had wide open shots they missed them. They know that the chances of us beating them again would be very slim. Reality my friends.
Maybe. They'll always have a bigger team, but they're also 2-2 against us in the last 4 games played. You never know.
purplitis72
I think that they would jump at a chance to play us again next season.
MasterAxe
You could make a great non-conference "Tour of Texas."

Start at DFW, take on UTA...zip down I-35 to Waco, Austin, San Marcos and San Antonio...short jaunt East on I-10 to Houston for UH & Rice...quick pit stop up HWY 290/HWY 6 for Aggie then head on home.

Not that a 8 game road trip would be ideal...but, what the hell?!

TallTexan
I like the idea if you can get home & homes with a few of them. Especially the mid-major schools.

Maybe secure the 3 home & homes with the mid majors, & then split the remaining big schools across two years, especially if we're having to go to their place.

So you'd get something like

2019:
UTA: Away
Rice: Home
Texas State Home
Texas Away
Houston Away
UTSA Away

2020:
UTA: Home
Rice: Away
Texas State Away
A&M Away
UTSA: Home

Not necessarily in the above order.
purpleballs
I think our first 2 or 3 games need to be winnable. And when i say winnable i mean very winnable. With basically a whole new team a few early W's cant hurt. Then sprinkle in a few mid majors. We need to work our way up to a power 5 school. Miami whooping us by 40 our 3rd game of the year didnt help
purplitis72
I don't think that anyone is afraid of us right now. Scheduling should not be much of a problem for the 2020 season.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

I'd love to get a game with Houston if we could.

I would LOVE for that to happen, and it actually could. Keller and Sampson know each other very well, having scrimmaged the last two years, I believe. And Sampson's son assisted at SFA at one time. So the connections are there.

It would be great to get 500 or more purple-clad Jack fans at Fertitta's, er, I mean Houston's, new playpen down there.
SFA Jack Fanatic
purpleballs said:

I think our first 2 or 3 games need to be winnable. And when i say winnable i mean very winnable. With basically a whole new team a few early W's cant hurt. Then sprinkle in a few mid majors. We need to work our way up to a power 5 school. Miami whooping us by 40 our 3rd game of the year didnt help

Agree 100%.

And welcome to the Forums, purpleballs! (Love your user name. Is it painful? Are you having that looked at? By a doctor, I mean...)
purplitis72
Welcome purpleballs! I think that I know what you really need to cure your condition. You need a southland conference mens basketball championship! I realized that I needed to clarify that after my wife read it.
purpleballs
Thank you gentlemen, glad to be here. Concerning my condition, I self exam them once and sometimes twice a day. I believe it is a result of something I aquired during my time in Nac.
No-look
purpleballs said:

Thank you gentlemen, glad to be here. Concerning my condition, I self exam them once and sometimes twice a day. I believe it is a result of something I aquired during my time in Nac.
Maybe caused by drinking too much purple koolaid?
purpleballs
Sure we can go with that.
purplitis72
What causes purplitis?
SFA Jack Fanatic
purpleballs said:

I self exam them once and sometimes twice a day.

Wilson or Spalding?
purplitis72
Do we have any physicians that are members of this forum?
PurpleOut
Staff
Article I did for Kevon.

sfa17
Great stuff PurpleOut. At least someone is providing content on sfa mbb
TallTexan
Loved this part:

Quote:

Milwaukee, New York and Denver have already made trips to Nacogdoches, Texas to see him in person.
purpleballs
We really could use his leadership next year with so many new players.
purplitis72
We need his leadership and his skills.
TallTexan
Figured this was as good a place as any without making a new thread.

SFAJack_76
TallTexan
Good for him. He'll get some good looks if he uses that JUCO playing time to polish his game.
Pilotgirl
Jock to D1 and Mitch to JUCO. Hmm...
sfa17
It might be the better decision in the long run. Really good season could get him some big offers. He probably also wants to take his time and pick the right school and not rush.
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

Jock to D1 and Mitch to JUCO. Hmm...
It is interesting, and I hope the best for these guys. Thinking about both from a distance, I believe each decision fits.

Jock clearly wants, and likes to play. Going home to PV gives him a year to get better in all aspects. When he was out this season with the broken finger, he was a strong team supporter and cheerleader from the bench. I think he has the personality to sit a year and be okay with that.

Mitch also wants to play, but I think he "needs" to play. He was clearly upset with his situation anytime that he was not getting playing time this past season. He would be miserable sitting a year. Going Juco, he should get a lot of minutes, and the general run and gun aspects of Juco ball should spotlight his superior athletic abilities. I hope Mitch finds a Juco with coaches that will help him grow as a team player, and improve his off court self.

My thoughts, for what they are worth. I look forward to following their careers.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I hear that Mitch is going to Trinity Valley (unconfirmed).
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I hear that Mitch is going to Trinity Valley (unconfirmed).
Good, well established, program and coaches. Angelina College home games this past season almost always were the same day and time as SFA. Maybe we get to see Mitch play next season.
sfa17
sfa17
im really excited for the season. Cant wait for some MBB
purpleballs
I'll be honest, i wasnt overly impressed with Seraille. Maybe i didnt watch enough games this year.
SFAJack_76

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.