2019-2020 Lumberjack Basketball

317,704 Views | 1447 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFASawmillGuy
wahlwesle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Maybe it's just me, but from what I've seen on social media, it seems like John is becoming the leader for the season.
No-look
Great!
Pilotgirl
wahlwesle said:

Maybe it's just me, but from what I've seen on social media, it seems like John is becoming the leader for the season.

I thought that would be the case. He has resiliency & a good head on his shoulders.
Rev007
John has great leadership potential. After meeting him, I sensed he is a genuine person with a passion for the game. I hope he gets more playing time this year. Being on the floor enhances one's credibility to lead the team.
SFAJack_76
Damn it .... Prayers for coach Mason and his family.
No-look
Hate that for coach Mason. Prayers.
PurpleOut
Staff
Hate this so much. Prayers for Coach Mason.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut
Staff
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

We should be able to bump that up a couple of tenths by the end of December.
No-look
Yep!
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth
Our first three games of the conference season are against one-time opponents. HBU, McNeese, SELA, and Nicholls later in the year. Third year in a row we play the best LA team once.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Our first three games of the conference season are against one-time opponents. HBU, McNeese, SELA, and Nicholls later in the year. Third year in a row we play the best LA team once.

What does the SLC have against us playing Nicholls and Sela twice?
CertifiedAxeman98
CertifiedAxeman98
The SLC is lazy in their scheduling year after year. This is part of the reason they keep getting 3 way ties.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
SB Nation has preseason ranked Alabama as the #4 team in the SEC this year. They say that Bama's new coach Nate Oats (coming from Buffalo) is set to make the biggest splash of any first-year coach in college basketball.
No-look
Are we gonna meet another squad member today?
sfa17
Just means we have great fans

CertifiedAxeman98
Mid-Major Madness has always shown little respect to SFA because we play in such a weak conference. They were forced to pay attention to us in the Underwood error but reluctantly did so.
PurpleOut
Staff
*Always take their tweets as a joke. I talk with those guys every now and then and they definitely like us and our fan base but also like to make comments to get responses from us.
sfa17
Just like any media company they have their biases, but like purpleout said they are mainly a memes and jokes account. Still making UMBC/Virginia jokes in late 2019 lol
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

*Always take their tweets as a joke. I talk with those guys every now and then and they definitely like us and our fan base but also like to make comments to get responses from us.

Agreed. They have some jokesters on their staff. They got me a tad upset with a reply to one of my tweets until I realized that they were just pulling my string.
nacluth
I thought we would have got you inured to it by now.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Guess we've only got one option. Crank it up to 11.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

"inured" ?? Have you been poring over a Merriam-Webster's looking for 50 cent words to try to impress us, Ryan?
nacluth
I forget sometimes that I graduated at a school with a little higher academic standards than SFA. I'll restrict my lexicon to East Texas colloquial on this board.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

I forget sometimes that I graduated at a school with a little higher academic standards than SFA. I'll restrict my lexicon to East Texas colloquial on this board.

Ed take your blood pressure meds and sit down before you read this comment, don't want you to die of shock.

But it seems to me that the guitar maker is getting a little too big for his britches, insulting East Texans vocabulary like that, just because he got a name brand version of hooked on phonics with his fancy education.

Let's slink on over to the guitar shop while he's taking his afternoon siesta and tune all the guitars down a step just to mess with his mega-mind for a few hours.
SFAJack_76
Meanwhile ... basketball.
SFA Jack Fanatic
This was posted in the Recruiting Forum for MBB, but I don't want anyone to miss it, so I'm also putting it here. ACTION REQUIRED!

Just got a message from someone close to the situation and they're asking ALL OF US to show some Twitter love to 2020 MBB recruit Jalin Posey. Apparently, he's narrowed his choices down to SFA, UTA, Troy, and ORU.

I saw some video of Posey and he has moves just like Shannon Bogues when he has the ball. Can you imagine what we'd have with four years of this guy???

And as a couple of guys here on the Sawmill have said, Posey has been SFA's and Coach Mason's biggest MBB target for the last two years. And yes, Coach Mason is still helping with recruiting, albeit from his home much of the time.

Posey's Twitter account is.... @TheJaylinPosey

Show him some Twitter love, guys!
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut
Staff
SFAJack_76 said:

Posey while he's on visit at ORU.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.