2019-2020 Lumberjack Basketball

318,746 Views | 1447 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFASawmillGuy
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Coach Mason is Ironman.

SFAXE93
nacluth
"You guys said you wanted to go 30-6 and play in the Sweet 16..."

I like it. Except the "you guys" part. Find that man a "y'all".
wahlwesle
Is Bain still hurt? He's standing on the sidelines.
SFA Jack Fanatic
wahlwesle said:

Coach K said he had a great summer and that he's having some physical issues now, but he'll be ready when the season starts.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

"You guys said you wanted to go 30-6 and play in the Sweet 16..."

A goal of 30-6 and the Sweet 16? I don't just like it. I LOVE IT!
No-look
wahlwesle said:

Please no injuries this year.
CertifiedAxeman98
Glad to see the Chaos and Disruption practice unis are gone. That was a good way to describe last season.
Ballwatch
Anyone know if the ongoing construction will impact the attendee flow and ticket sales at the entrance of WRJ? Passed by WRJ and noticed they had most of the front fenced off and blocking access to ticket booth?
SFA Jack Fanatic
The video clips that SFA MBB has been posting on Twitter of their first couple of days of official practices are really starting to get my BB juices flowing. The athleticism of this team really looks like a major upgrade from last year. It is already showing in the video clips.

TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

The video clips that SFA MBB has been posting on Twitter of their first couple of days of official practices are really starting to get my BB juices flowing. The athleticism of this team really looks like a major upgrade from last year. It is already showing in the video clips.

This reminds me, everyone remember to see your cardiologist before the season starts. Don't want the old ticker to go kaput with the cardiac Jacks.
PurpleOut
Staff
I updated the Duke Tickets thread, but here is the press release that went out today. Depending on your level, you may have a chance to purchase the tickets that Duke gave to us.

MasterAxe
Heads up, in case you wanted to buy tickets for SFA vs Duke through the school.

Must join the PLF for the chance to buy tickets.

Minimum to join is $250, tickets are $120.

https://sfajacks.com/news/2019/10/1/sfa-announces-ticketing-procedure-for-non-conference-mens-basketball-game-at-duke.aspx
sfajack05
TallTexan said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

This reminds me, everyone remember to see your cardiologist before the season starts. Don't want the old ticker to go kaput with the cardiac Jacks.
I had mine checked in March so I'm good.
djsfw57
MasterAxe said:

https://sfajacks.com/news/2019/10/1/sfa-announces-ticketing-procedure-for-non-conference-mens-basketball-game-at-duke.aspx
I gotta admit, this is a huge disappointment to me. Nothing says elitist more than making people pay for the chance to buy tickets. I have a major problem with this. I don't really mind if no one agrees, it just stinks to me that the school has taken this road. It very clearly sends the message that only people who have $$ are welcome to buy tickets.
SFA, Class of 1979
BigJack85
I disagree. One thing we've done a poor job of is recognizing our value. Most season ticket plans (Rockets, Astros and Texans) use similar strategies to build loyalty and reinforce the benefits of making that commitment
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
PurpleOut
Staff
djsfw57 said:

MasterAxe said:

I gotta admit, this is a huge disappointment to me. Nothing says elitist more than making people pay for the chance to buy tickets. I have a major problem with this. I don't really mind if no one agrees, it just stinks to me that the school has taken this road. It very clearly sends the message that only people who have $$ are welcome to buy tickets.
I understand that you don't mind if we disagree, but I'd like to comment. Because I just had the same conversation on Twitter.

They aren't making anyone pay more just to get tickets, they are asking people to join the PLF. I'm not having to pay more to have a chance to buy tickets, because I'm already a donor. It may seem like it since it's kind of out of the blue and last minute, but it's simply asking people to join the PLF. Which of course is money that goes to all of the student athletes and athletic department. Those that are members will be the ones that have the very slight possibility to get tickets.

And the reason they are going this route is because it's an extremely rare situation and event. Duke gave us a very limited amount of tickets, so few that they didn't expect to have any to sell at ALL.

This is part of the new system and overall change with the athletic department and overall system. And it's how it works almost every where else. Take a look at any of the major "foundations" at bigger schools, and this is how it works. Tickets to bowl games, NCAA tournament games, special events, etc. Those that are donors will have first crack at tickets. My parents have been Longhorn Foundation members at Texas since the 90's, and it's the exact same system (for the most part). This is again rare compared to other events because we just have a handful of tickets. The same way when I bought a ticket in London to watch a Champions League match. The season ticket holders there that had accumulated the most reward points got to purchase tickets before everyone else.

I'm all for this, and there's probably a good chance that there won't be any tickets left when it gets to my level. But, they could have easily just given the few tickets that ARE available to the highest donors, regents, etc without offering them to the public. I get your point, but this is how the big athletic departments work, and that's what we're striving to be.
SFA Jack Fanatic
djsfw57 said:

MasterAxe said:

You can purchase tickets on VividSeats for $134 or on StubHub for $145. Problem solved.
SFA Jack Fanatic
BTW, I noticed that Duke will also be hosting Central Arkansas two weeks before hosting us. An opportunity for comparison with UCA and to do a little scouting on both UCA and Duke, assuming we will have access to a TV feed on that one.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut is spot on. Nothing about this is "elitist." My opinion.
No-look
What would a ticket cost if Duke was hosting North Carolina ?
PurpleOut
Staff
No-look said:

What would a ticket cost if Duke was hosting North Carolina ?
Cheapest on StubHub is $850 right now. Good seats for $1,500+.

Duke has the most expensive ticket in college hoops on average.
Pilotgirl
djsfw57 said:

MasterAxe said:

I understand where you are coming from.
PurpleOut
Staff
No-look
Yes!!!
CertifiedAxeman98

Who is wearing the boot?
cboothe09
Demiere?
PurpleOut
Staff
Yeah looks like Demiere Brown to me.

PurpleOut
Staff
Also, just noticed a new addition on the roster. 6-9 Forward Landon Badgley from Arlington Martin. There's a Wichita State forum that said he visited and then committed to Air Force previously. Interesting.

Looks like he can shoot. Hudl videos

nacluth
Interesting low key add there. Wonder if he's a walk-on. You would think he would have to be. Sure don't mind a deeper team however we get it.
PurpleOut
Staff
Yeah sounds like he's a walk on currently.
BigJack85
Another big. Maybe plays the 4?
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
corleycl
Looks like the HUDL videos are a couple years old. Any clue what he's been doing since HS?
nacluth
Don't know, but says he's a freshman.
SFA Jack Fanatic
corleycl said:

Looks like the HUDL videos are a couple years old. Any clue what he's been doing since HS?
It looks like he played for Kanakuk Link Year Prep, which is a Christian prep school in Branson, MO. Link Year is "focused on offering players a year to continue improving their basketball skill while also going through the Link Year (Christian training) program. The team holds a high standard that matches that of an elite college basketball program." Apparently, they play a JUCO level schedule.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.