2019-2020 Lumberjack Basketball

318,665 Views | 1447 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFASawmillGuy
wahlwesle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm a sucker for a comeback story. It would be awesome to see him back in SFA purple for the last two years of his college career. Maybe he'll show out in JUCO and catch Keller's eye again in 20-21.
SFA Jack Fanatic
wahlwesle said:

I'm a sucker for a comeback story. It would be awesome to see him back in SFA purple for the last two years of his college career. Maybe he'll show out in JUCO and catch Keller's eye again in 20-21.
The odds of that happening are 65-1. Wait. Wasn't that the odds for Country House at the Kentucky Derby?
Jacks4460
they are higher than that...
purplitis72
It's the least of my concerns. I'm more concerned about seeing our program making a comeback. Now that would be a comeback story. Mitch is going to have to show vast improvement for him to return to our program. I don't see him on our 2020 recruiting list anywhere.
No-look

One of my favorite videos of Mitch. Not bad for a freshman.
purplitis72
Too few and too far between. Most everyone can dunk. I'm not so much as interested into flash as I am consistency and being able to make routine plays.
purpleballs
And did he not have an attitude problem?
purplitis72
Valid point!
wahlwesle
CertifiedAxeman98
Mitch loved to dunk. He was a really good shot blocker as well. As a freshman he had his ups and downs but seemed to be a great young talented post player. Would like to have seen him on the court more last year and this upcoming year. He performed better than guys like Gru who were on the court as much as Mitch was not sure why that was. I am interested in seeing what kind of production the JUCO big men give that are coming in to replace him.
sfa17
It felt like Gru was at SFA for 10 years
purplitis72
One reason that he wasn't on the court more is because he was consistently in foul trouble which is one of the few things that he was consistent with. He was way too stationary. Mitch is gone.
SFAXE93
Pilotgirl
Man...hurts to see him in red n black but I wish him the best. This is the program that made the most sense and was my choice for him (out of his picks). I'm a fan of Beard and TJ will fit in with his program.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Enjoyed having him at SFA and wish him well in sport and in life after college.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

I totally agree. He will always be remembered as a key part of two Jack teams that made the NCAA's and put us in national MBB conversations. I wish him well at Tech and in real life.
No-look
Wishing him the very best!!!
Generation II
Love it for TJ. Think it was the best fit, on the best team.
nacluth
Man that's going to be awesome. I'm going to feel real bad beating him in the Sweet 16.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Man that's going to be awesome. I'm going to feel real bad beating him in the Sweet 16.
Feels terrible that we'll have to knock them out of the tournament. But we can give him a purple shirt again afterwards so he can look like a champion.
Jacks4460
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Ljacks&Longnecks said:

I totally agree. He will always be remembered as a key part of two Jack teams that made the NCAA's and put us in national MBB conversations. I wish him well at Tech and in real life.
Yes Sir!!!!! TJ helped put us on the map and build the momentum the team has generated to get a 26mil basketball only training facility... Thanks TJ for all your hard work...
Pilotgirl
TallTexan
Just saw that. Have a lot of papal basketball jokes that are now worthless.
Pilotgirl
Right?? So many missed opportunities....
No-look
I'm assuming it's Juco.
TallTexan
No-look said:

I'm assuming it's Juco.

I would imagine so at this point. His tweet reads like that.
Pilotgirl
No-look said:

I'm assuming it's Juco.
Same.
SFA Jack Fanatic
We may never know, but probably entrance exam problems, as we've suspected.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

Have a lot of papal basketball jokes that are now worthless.

And we were all so looking forward to that. Guess you'll have to be content with Charlie Daniels "Fiddle in the Band" stuff.
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

TallTexan said:

Have a lot of papal basketball jokes that are now worthless.

And we were all so looking forward to that. Guess you'll have to be content with Charlie Daniels "Fiddle in the Band" stuff.
Don't worry, I'll still bring my A game with Charlie Daniels. It just won't be transcendent like the Pope content I had planned.
CertifiedAxeman98
We now know our team (unless there is more change we don't know about) and my predictions:

PG: Comeaux, Kachelries, McDaniel
A battle between Comeaux & Kachelries for the starting role with the other coming off the bench and McDaniel used some as well. McDaniel is your future so he should be learning and get some play time. He is your 20/21 backup or starting PG.

SG: Ware, Johnson, Walker
No idea who gets the start. 2 highly regarded JUCO vs a 2nd year that played some decent minutes last year as a freshman but some of that was out of need.

3/4 spot: Harris, Bain, Solomon, Brown
Harris starting at the 3 with Solomon backing him up. I would think that with Bain starting last year gives him the start at the 4 with maybe Brown backing him up. I pictured Bain as your off the bench small team 4 spot guy but that was not to be last year.

4/5 spot: Hart, Daniels, Kemsmil.
I want to see Hart get some real min. on the court either at the 3, 4 or 5 spots. I would like to see his time on the court increase with the season. If he is as good as hoped I would like him to be a starter at some point next year. Daniels may be the 5 spot guy. With Kemsmil being your off the bench bruiser.

With all the turnover there is a lot of competition all the spots except the 3 (assuming a Harris return).
purplitis72
How can we be sure that our roster is set? Jourdan Smith is still available.
purplitis72
Are religious jokes allowed in this forum. I hope not.
wahlwesle
Any word about walk-ons? When and how does the tryout process work?
purplitis72
I'm thinking about walking on myself. Just to see what's really going on inside the program.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.