2019-2020 Lumberjack Basketball

317,433 Views | 1447 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFASawmillGuy
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAJack_76
Looks like he is moving pretty good.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Looks like he is moving pretty good.

Does this mean that he'll play the rest of the season?
PurpleOut
Staff
No.
No-look

SFA gets some love. Twice!
SFAJack_76
Hart had a freshman faux pas, so he was left home from the Louisiana trip. He is back with the team today. I don't know if there will be other disciplinary actions or not. We will see on Wednesday I suppose. Young man simply has to follow direction.
SFAJack_76
Keller said today that Mason is cancer free. He had surgery on his liver and gall bladder that he is recovering from. I saw he was tweeting again the last couple of days which I took as a positive.
nacluth
Good to hear that he's back. Honestly the step from 10 to 11 players is big. Just another weapon. We need him to help run the Southland.
nacluth
SFAJack_76 said:

Keller said today that Mason is cancer free. He had surgery on his liver and gall bladder that he is recovering from. I saw he was tweeting again the last couple of days which I took as a positive.
Great news. I assume this was info from the luncheon?
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

Hart had a freshman faux pas, so he was left home from the Louisiana trip. He is back with the team today. I don't know if there will be other disciplinary actions or not. We will see on Wednesday I suppose. Young man simply has to follow direction.
Glad to hear he's back. I think he'll be a big contributor for the Jacks if he stays outta trouble.

So much fun to watch, even as a freshman.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

I hope you're right, but based on what I know about the situation, I'll have to take a wait-and-see attitude.
sfa17
Great news about Coach Mason. I hope Hart gets it together. He has the potential to have a Kevon like career at SFA.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Great news. I assume this was info from the luncheon?
Yes.
PurpleOut
Staff
Funny, I was just talking about the Sam game this morning. Guess this means I need to create the PurpleOut event again.

sfa17
Is anyone else surprised at how much John has improved from last season to this season. It's crazy, the biggest jump i have seen in a player on this team in a long time.
PurpleOut
Staff
sfa17 said:

Is anyone else surprised at how much John has improved from last season to this season. It's crazy, the biggest jump i have seen in a player on this team in a long time.
Sort of but not really. He wasn't close to 100% when he came back last season.

sfa17
True, I think he previously had an injury almost every season at SFA. Glad he is healthy now
BigJack85
PurpleOut said:

Funny, I was just talking about the Sam game this morning. Guess this means I need to create the PurpleOut event again.

I have a small group meeting in Huntsville for the February 1st game. Also in the planning stages for March 7.
No-look
sfa17 said:

Huge! Also Nathan is playing solid. Will hate to see those guys graduate. Both are great people. Total class.
PurpleOut
Staff
BigJack85 said:

PurpleOut said:

I have a small group meeting in Huntsville for the February 1st game. Also in the planning stages for March 7.
Was just looking at the calendar and schedules. The 3/7 weekend is pretty legit. Hoops vs Sam and BB series vs Lamar.
djsfw57
SFAJack_76 said:

Thanks for sharing this incredible news!
SFA, Class of 1979
HJC69
He absolutely worked extremely hard even to play last spring. AN INSPIRATION! It's truly amazing what it takes to win like the Jack's are now. Player's and coaches have to be at the right place at the right time. Kevon, Nate, John and all the new cast seem like the perfect fit. Win the rest. Go Jacks!
SFAJack_76
At the luncheon today, Keller commented often, and in different ways, how close this team is. For example, after the five day road trip, they gave them yesterday off. He was in his office about 7:30 last night when he heard doors opening, and assumed some were coming in to shoot. The door to his office opened and they told him they were going to play a pick up game. He told them, not without their ankle braces. So they got them on and played ball. Even on a day off, they love balling with their teammates. Amazing when you remember only four of these guys were in Nacogdoches a year ago. Great recruiting job.
Pilotgirl
djsfw57 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Thanks for sharing this incredible news!

YES...THIS IS THE BEST NEWS!!! CANCER SUCKS
LUMBERJACK2005
SFAJack_76 said:

Man this is great news. I really hope he buys into the program and takes the coaching being given to him. The kid has a chance to be a player the Southland Conference rarely, if ever, sees.
SFASawmillGuy
sfa17 said:

John was always meant to be an amazing player for SFA, but the injury bug has kept him from it for so long. The potential was there for him to be one of the all time greats. But it's great to see him healthy and really showing out on the court this season. The dude deserves it.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA_03 said:

sfa17 said:

John was always meant to be an amazing player for SFA, but the injury bug has kept him from it for so long. The potential was there for him to be one of the all time greats. But it's great to see him healthy and really showing out on the court this season. The dude deserves it.

He plays defense and runs the offense well, but one thing I'm most impressed with is his ability to get to the basket. The dude is sneaky fast.
jboy93
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFA_03 said:

sfa17 said:

He plays defense and runs the offense well, but one thing I'm most impressed with is his ability to get to the basket. The dude is sneaky fast.
And can jump out of the gym! Watching him during warm-ups...he can slam!
SFAJack_76
Well, there was a lot of room for improvement. But still, it is nice to see "SFA."
PurpleOut
Staff
Sucks we are even on here to begin with (meaning we shouldn't have had the down year). But that's a huge difference.
SFAJack_76
jboy93
Just glad to see Hart practicing in this video!
jboy93
Looks like McDaniel practicing in one of the videos on twitter. Glad to see that too!
LUMBERJACK2005
Ugh, the ESPN jinx got us. This was from Jeff Borzello's latest piece:

"While Evansville has fallen off since beating Kentucky, losing three of four, Stephen F. Austin -- the other early-season giant killer -- looks like the clear-cut best team in the Southland Conference. Entering Wednesday night, the Lumberjacks were 13-2 overall, 4-0 in the conference -- and the lone losses have come on the road at Rutgers and Alabama.

Now in his fourth season at the helm and favored to go to his second straight NCAA tournament, Kyle Keller has continued some of the same trends that led the Lumberjacks to so much success under previous head coach Brad Underwood: offensive rebounding prowess and forcing turnovers. Keller's team, which forced Duke into its worst turnover game of the season, leads the nation in defensive turnover percentage and is among the top 25 schools nationally in offensive rebounding percentage."
nacluth
I wish it would be our second consecutive tournament appearance.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.