2019-2020 Lumberjack Basketball

315,393 Views | 1447 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFASawmillGuy
djsfw57
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is one of my favorite articles I've seen about the Lumberjacks. Thanks for posting this!
No-look
Those turnovers... let's clean it up
jboy93
No place to really put this but Ed has made another revolution around the sun. Everyone wish him a happy birthday!
djsfw57
Happy Birthday Ed! Hope you get a Sweet 16 for a belated birthday gift.
TallTexan
jboy93 said:

No place to really put this but Ed has made another revolution around the sun. Everyone wish him a happy birthday!
That's gotta be some sort of record right?

Happy Birthday Ed!
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA receives 29 votes in today's AP poll (placing them at #32 in the country). They get 3 votes in the Coaches poll.
SFAJack_76
Happy Birthday Ed!
djsfw57
Interesting that we got mentioned in this article.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28766628/espn+-week-17-college-basketball-viewers-guide-baylor-bounce-back

10. Northwestern State Demons at Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks (Wednesday, 7:30 p.m. ET)
With a 24-3 record and one of the best wins of the season regardless of conference, Stephen F. Austin presents an interesting case as a potential at-large bid.
A loss at home to Texas A&M-Corpus Christi certainly doesn't look strong, but the Lumberjacks are one of only two road teams to win at Duke's Cameron Indoor Stadium this season -- Louisville is the other. SFA's other losses came on the road at Rutgers and Alabama.
That puts immense pressure on the Lumberjacks to not only defeat Northwestern State -- a team that gave them a bit of a scare the last time they played in late January -- but to look dominant while doing so. Coach Kyle Keller's bunch will need to be ready.

No-look
Great to mentioned I the mix! Winning cures what ails you. Lol
djsfw57
Saw this bracket this morning. They have SFA a #10 seed playing #7 Richmond. I'd take that.

https://wallyhorse.wordpress.com/2020/02/25/bracketology-following-games-of-monday-february-24-2020/
nacluth
Pretty cool. Pulling #9 Maryland as a 6 seed in the next round would be a little rough though.
BigJack85
Interesting thoughts but I don't see us pulling an 10/11 seed. Best bet is that we are a 12. Possibly slip to a 13-14 if we lose more than one of the next 4 regular season games then go on to win the SLC tournament. I'd be pretty satisfied with a 11/12 then drawing Oregon or Michigan State. We have nothing to lose against a blue blood like Michigan State. Probably play a little looser.
SFASawmillGuy
Yeah had we not lost to Corpus I'd say 10 seed is likely, but I also think we're ranked by now if we don't drop that game.
MarkyMark622
That wallyhorse bracket is terrible. I would not pay attention it. He has northern iowa listed twice, one as #14 and one as #9. He has Michigan St listed twice as well. He has Arizona St as a 4 Seed when they are on the bubble. That is just a few of his big mistakes.
djsfw57
alphakennybudie said:

That wallyhorse bracket is terrible. I would not pay attention it. He has northern iowa listed twice, one as #14 and one as #9. He has Michigan St listed twice as well. He has Arizona St as a 4 Seed when they are on the bubble. That is just a few of his big mistakes.
I don't put any faith in any of the brackets, I was just mentioning it because it includes SFA. I think we will be damn lucky to get anything above a 13 seed.
sfajack05
SFA is number 1 in my bracket.
nacluth
If we did by number of true road wins, SFA would be #1 with 11.
BigJack85
Sam Houston vs. Abilene Christian, tomorrow. I'm rooting for Sam on this one. Besides us, I want the SLC tournament as scrambled as possible We can just swoop in and take it down.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut
PurpleOut
Staff
SFA Jack Fanatic
Good for him. Wish we could afford to pay him more. The lure from big schools will commence now and get even greater after the season that we should have next year.
No-look
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Good for him. Wish we could afford to pay him more. The lure from big schools will commence now and get even greater after the season that we should have next year.
. Be hard to turn down a $3,000,000 year pay raise. Lol
sfa17
Yeah at the end of the day it's a job. If another job offers u more money and a better opportunity most of us will take it.

I rather have a good coach that stays for 3 to 4 years than a bad one that stays for 10 years.
LUMBERJACK2005
SFAJack_76 said:

Nice .....

Still waiting for someone to copy and paste the full article. Paywall blocked.
LUMBERJACK2005
djsfw57 said:

Saw this bracket this morning. They have SFA a #10 seed playing #7 Richmond. I'd take that.

https://wallyhorse.wordpress.com/2020/02/25/bracketology-following-games-of-monday-february-24-2020/
Whoever created that bracket is smoking something really good. No chance in hell we get a higher seed than Michigan State, lol.
LUMBERJACK2005
sfa17 said:

I rather have a good coach that stays for 3 to 4 years than a bad one that stays for 10 years.
Post of the year candidate.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth
Are you sure? My access wasn't behind a paywall.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/stephen-f-austin-basketball-coach-after-duke/2020/02/22/f1291392-54f9-11ea-b119-4faabac6674f_story.html
CertifiedAxeman98
LUMBERJACK2005 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Nice .....

Still waiting for someone to copy and paste the full article. Paywall blocked.
You can read it here for free.

https://oklahoman.com/article/5655733/theres-a-lot-more-to-stephen-f-austin-than-its-early-season-upset-of-duke
LUMBERJACK2005
Every time I click on the link, either, it immediately pops up another window asking me to subscribe. I guess it's not meant to be for me, lol.
LUMBERJACK2005
So...I was able to copy the article so I could paste it into word before the paywall popped up. It took me three attempts, but on the third, I was John Comeaux quick and got it.
sfa17
Texas State is playing UT Arlington in Arlington live on ESPN 2. UTA is 9-9 in conference and Texas State is 12-6. But we can't get a home conference game on national TV. I guess Friday night are easier to get on TV Bc there are less games
SFAJack_76
PSA.

"Now is the time to place your deposit on 2021 Basketball Season Tickets for both RENEWALS & NEW purchases. For a limited time only, with your deposit, you will secure 2020 pricing for your 2021 season ticket!"

https://ev7.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?groupCode=BBST&linkID=sfasu&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

PSA.

"Now is the time to place your deposit on 2021 Basketball Season Tickets for both RENEWALS & NEW purchases. For a limited time only, with your deposit, you will secure 2020 pricing for your 2021 season ticket!"

https://ev7.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?groupCode=BBST&linkID=sfasu&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=

Thanks, 76. Got mine. Seems mighty early for them to be doing this, but I guess they're striking while the iron is hot.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.