2019-2020 Lumberjack Basketball

315,273 Views | 1447 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFASawmillGuy
ljax1979
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Really appreciate all of the off court experiences these guys are taking part in. It was obvious the chemistry last year was toxic so these types of things can only help.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Just curious... What is a "road game workout"?
SFAJack_76
Nice.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Wow! How cool is this?!?!? We'll expect Purple Out to tag along and give us reports at each stop. Right, Purple?
Pilotgirl
Should be some great team building/bonding time!
nacluth
Awesome. Surely they need some roadies.
No-look
Good stuff! Will they be playing college teams?
PurpleOut
Staff
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Wow! How cool is this?!?!? We'll expect Purple Out to tag along and give us reports at each stop. Right, Purple?

Ha I wish. If it was later in the year, and regular season...I'd put some thought into it.
Pilotgirl
No-look said:

Heard in an interview that it will more than likely be pro teams.
PurpleOut
Staff
No-look said:

They'll be playing against Spanish teams, and almost all will be some sort of pro level/all-star/national team.

What's interesting is there are actually going to be quite a few other schools in Spain around the same time. LSU, Marquette, UCF, Xavier, West Virginia, are just a few schools that will also be playing around Spain within the same time period.
jboy93
Not sure where to put this but wanted to ask...did Sammy just disappear into the purple haze? I don't recall anything being said about him. Is he still on campus getting his degree or did he go back home? Inquiring minds want to know! Or at least my small little mind does!
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

No-look said:

They'll be playing against Spanish teams, and almost all will be some sort of pro level/all-star/national team.

What's interesting is there are actually going to be quite a few other schools in Spain around the same time. LSU, Marquette, UCF, Xavier, West Virginia, are just a few schools that will also be playing around Spain within the same time period.

The University of Houston will be playing in Italy at about the same time, visiting Rome, Florence, and Milan and playing four games. The similarities between their situation and ours are obvious -- lots of new faces on their team. Coach Kelvin Sampson said the benefits of the trip start well before the actual trip, with ten days of practices spread over a three week period. That gives him time to work with several freshmen and transfers. Sound familiar?

He also said the trip will provide a great opportunity for team building, especially on bus trips while in Italy. The players won't have wifi, so they will have to actually talk to each other rather than play with their cell phones.

Also interesting to note that their players will have the chance to get 3 semester hours of credit for the trip by keeping a daily journal, writing a 10-page report, and giving an oral presentation when they return. Wonder if our guys will be able to do the same...
SFAJack_76
This is so good.
SFAJack_76
Ljacks&Longnecks
This is great to see....a little community work and hopefully more team building among our guys.
SFAJack_76
Hope we at least see box scores from the games. What a great trip.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Not to worry. I just read a rumor on Twitter which, if true, would confirm that PurpleOut has just made a last-minute adjustment to his work schedule to allow him to accompany the team all along the way and write a daily blog for us right here while he's in Spain. Is it true, Purple??
PurpleOut
Staff
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Not to worry. I just read a rumor on Twitter which, if true, would confirm that PurpleOut has just made a last-minute adjustment to his work schedule to allow him to accompany the team all along the way and write a daily blog for us right here while he's in Spain. Is it true, Purple??

Ha. I'm just waiting for the invite that says they need a fan correspondent to cover the trip.
No-look
We will need play by play updates!
ljax1979
I certainly drink the Lumberjack Kool-Aid but I'm very proud of Kyle Keller and our Athletic Department.

In regards to Keller, he and his staff went out and absolutely hustled to rebuild the roster for '19-'20. Not only did he rebuild the roster he rebuilt it with highly touted players. Plus, it's obvious that a mutiny occurred last year and I could imagine that several schools were calling on Kevon Harris and his services. The fact that he's still on the roster surely took some salesmanship on Keller's part.

Plus, with all of the events that Keller is having his team take a part in I must believe that he is the one pushing for them. These type of events have to have a cohesive effect.

In regards to the Athletic Department, this trip to Spain must be a very expensive endeavor. Not sure when it was planned but the timing is impeccable. This team needs to play together against other teams prior to November. Not sure what the quality of play will be in Spain but at least our team is playing against guys with different jerseys instead of always having intersquad matches.

I travel a lot and proudly wear my SFA gear. I can't tell you how many times people stop me to talk about our basketball program. Our basketball program is the single best marketing tool that our University has right now (sorry Professors). Getting into the NCAA tournament has a huge value and I'm certain that carries over to future student recruitment.
Rev007
Nice analysis! I agree with you.
djsfw57
I can't remember if I posted this a while back, so in case I didn't, I'll do it now. I teach in Cleveland, Ohio. One day I wore a purple SFA shirt to school. At lunch one of our teachers looked at me and said, "Does that shirt say SFA??" I stood up so she could see it and her jaw dropped. She asked me how I knew about SFA, so I told her I was an alumnus. I asked her how SHE knew about SFA. Turns out her best friend lives in Nacogdoches and she was visiting Nac 2 weeks earlier during Spring break. Small world indeed! She also was a basketball player in college and her team won the national championship. I can't remember which school she attended, but she definitely knew about the Ladyjacks!
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
It feels so much different than last season. Hoping it continues and shows on the court.
SFAJack_76
Comeaux!
Ljacks&Longnecks
Like these last 2 posts from 76. Build up the team then play FOR the team and we will do well this season.
Ready for football and basketball.
SFAJack_76
With Roti's Retweet and comment.
SFAJack_76
Thinking Comeaux's knees might be okay. Proud of what he has accomplished, and hope he can stay healthy.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Thinking Comeaux's knees might be okay. Proud of what he has accomplished, and hope he can stay healthy.

Those are some crazy numbers. No one is going to push the Jacks around this year!
SFAJack_76
jboy93
Looks like some construction going on in the background of the last video clip. Is that already due to the practice facility or is there something else going on in the Coliseum?
SFAJack_76
jboy93 said:

Looks like some construction going on in the background of the last video clip. Is that already due to the practice facility or is there something else going on in the Coliseum?
That is where the tunnel to the new facilities will be. The seats in section 122 have been removed for construction. Once it is complete, all but about 50 will be replaced.
SFA Jack Fanatic
In that last video clip there seems to be a lot of enthusiasm and support for one another among the guys. That's great to see. Shows they're quickly melding as a team.
SFAJack_76

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.