2019-2020 Lumberjack Basketball

315,269 Views | 1447 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFASawmillGuy
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No-look
Wonder if the fiddle has joined the band yet?
MasterAxe

I'm not picking sides, cause I know nothing about what was going on, BUT, seems like we had one dysfunctional ass locker room last year.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Can we just put that whole situation in our rear view mirror, move on, and support the team we have now? Please? They deserve it.
Rev007
Amen Brother!
MasterAxe
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Can we just put that whole situation in our rear view mirror, move on, and support the team we have now? Please? They deserve it.
I generally agree, but remember the phrase "Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

It's not that easy to just forget that disaster of a season. Especially if elements of the past are still present.

SFAJack_76
No-look
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

We have our fiddle in the band! Is this everybody now? I think I counted 11 in one of the photos above, but not sure.
Ljacks&Longnecks
I believe that historically the "doomed to repeat it" phrase has been used to reference events that have much more far reaching effects on the human species than men's college basketball ever could.

I missed the tweet that got this going so can't comment on that directly but I can say why I believe things will be different this season.
We have a senior who is hungry to work and improve his probable professional career by having a monster senior season.
We have several Juco guys who are coming in here hungry to prove they belong and will win at the D1 level.
We have some very talented freshman who could very well be the foundation of SFA basketball for the next 4 years. They are hungry to prove and establish themselves to begin their college career.

I think all this hunger and talent will manifest into a team concept with the goals of winning the SLC and beyond. I see no reason to doubt that just a few days into the summer work schedule.
No-look
Good post L&L. Looks like all players are solid and grounded. Should be good chemistry this year. With our returning players and lots of talent with the new recruits it should be a very good year. Should be balanced scoring (other than Kevons 30 ppg).
Pilotgirl
This.
SFAJack_76
CertifiedAxeman98
So D1 docket has games listed for SFA.

They show SFA & SAM playing an away game against one of the Fort Meyers Tip-off teams so we will hit the road against (K-State, Northwestern, Pitt or Bradley). But no sure how accurate that is since SAM is hosting Arkansas Pin Bluff in the Hilo Classic.

LeTourneau is coming to Nac on 11/6/19 (confirmed on LeTourneau's site)

Paul Quinn College on 12/28/19 in Nac (could not find a schedule on their site)

Also, we play 2 more SLC games and will start playing conference games in December to fit them in.

SFAJack_76
I appreciate you finding the schedule information. I would like to see it in the schedule thread so it doesn't get buried in this bigger thread.
TallTexan
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

Also, we play 2 more SLC games and will start playing conference games in December to fit them in.
Wait, they expanded the number of conference games for the SLC?
CertifiedAxeman98
yep 20 this year. 2 more games against teams that will drag down our NET/Kenpom.
TallTexan
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

yep 20 this year. 2 more games against teams that will drag down our NET/Kenpom.
Hopefully it'll atleast help with some of these ridiculously dumb tie breakers.
No-look
TallTexan said:

CertifiedAxeman98 said:

Go 20-0 and tiebreakers won't be a factor. Right?
TallTexan
No-look said:

TallTexan said:

CertifiedAxeman98 said:

Go 20-0 and tiebreakers won't be a factor. Right?
I was concerned for our ACU friends at 16-4, trying to get the two seed tie breaker over those dreaded orange sewer skunks.
PurpleOut
Staff
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

So D1 docket has games listed for SFA.

They show SFA & SAM playing an away game against one of the Fort Meyers Tip-off teams so we will hit the road against (K-State, Northwestern, Pitt or Bradley). But no sure how accurate that is since SAM is hosting Arkansas Pin Bluff in the Hilo Classic.

LeTourneau is coming to Nac on 11/6/19 (confirmed on LeTourneau's site)

Paul Quinn College on 12/28/19 in Nac (could not find a schedule on their site)

Yeah let's put all of that in this thread to keep track better: https://sfasawmill.com/forums/3/topics/1527

Thanks for posting that.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
I love that "Chaos" logo on their shorts. Going back to the Big Dance with our proven recipe.
nacluth
Is the PWO that signed for this year?
CertifiedAxeman98
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I love that "Chaos" logo on their shorts. Going back to the Big Dance with our proven recipe.
Honestly with all the Chaos with last years team I would rather see a new slogan this year.

Maybe steal what the Rockets had a year or 2 ago "Run as One"
TallTexan
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Honestly with all the Chaos with last years team I would rather see a new slogan this year.

Maybe steal what the Rockets had a year or 2 ago "Run as One"
If you're gonna steal, steal from a champion. Board man gets paid.
SFAJack_76
nacluth
Good news
SFAJack_76
Mama Hart approved.
Pilotgirl
Conditioning in this heat! Glad that is not me Lol
No-look
Hopefully in the cool of the morning.
Jacks4460
No-look said:

Hopefully in the cool of the morning.
I know the football team is conditionin as a team at 6 am... I would think Basketball team is right after them...
nacluth
Kevon has some competition in the "most ripped" category.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.