2018-2019 Basketball Season

SFA_03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Buffalo beat #13 West Virginia.
sfa17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA_03 said:

Buffalo beat #13 West Virginia.
Now we definitely have to play them in ireland. Looks like they wont have trouble getting to the 2nd game of the tourney. So its up to us to beat San Francisco
Ballwatch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nacluth, do you have your Miami game preview ready yet? Waiting...
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ha. I'll put something together this afternoon.
edstile
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nacluth said:

Ha. I'll put something together this afternoon.
In the meantime...

https://bustingbrackets.com/2018/11/02/miami-basketball-2018-19-season-preview-for-the-hurricanes/
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Don't read that click bait. It doesn't tell you anything. Go to the game thread here...
edstile
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nacluth said:

Don't read that click bait. It doesn't tell you anything. Go to the game thread here...
But... But.... This one was done by a "professional".
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
edstile said:

nacluth said:

Don't read that click bait. It doesn't tell you anything. Go to the game thread here...
But... But.... This one was done by a "professional".
Nacluth is a professional!
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Out of the country for a long planned trip last week with very limited internet access, so I did not see either game. Just read through the SAGU game thread. No doubt the game was disappointing, but some of the comments about the state of the team were ... wow. Those that did not recognize the early part of the season was going to be tough have not been paying attention to reality.

Two of the top eight players from last season are playing, and one of those, appropriately, is playing out of position. PG is the most important position on the team. Keller's choices right now are an experienced senior that is acceptable as a ball handler, a lightly recruited true freshman, or a walk on. Bain will never be a PG option. That one made me chuckle. Bogues has to play point, just as Dallas Cameron had to play out of position at point two years ago. There simply is no other option until Augustin gets back. That takes Bogues away from his best position. Stinks, but that is current reality. Also reality, Augustin and Comeaux were our two best on-ball defenders last year. The defense loses a lot with those two out.

Positives include Bain playing his best basketball, Harris is being Harris, Seraille/Fitzgerald/Nicholas are coming along inside.

Basketball is the ultimate team sport. Right now, we have a bunch of quality basketball individuals working to become a team. Keep working. Keep learning the syastems. Get healthy. Stay healthy.
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Great post. Glad to have you back.
sfa17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think we will be a lot more motivated. It hard to get excite about playing SAGU. Playing on national tv in front of thousands of people should get their blood pump.
Ljacks&Longnecks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Good post 76. Nice to have another voice of reason back on the board. Sometimes reality gets in the way of where we want to be. If we can avoid any more serious injuries I think we will be in a good place by conference time.
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?


Number 1. For the decade. In the country.
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oh it's us. Yeah...no big deal. Best for a decade.
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yes, yes he does.

nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Come on Kevon!
Ljacks&Longnecks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Amen Brother Kevon....let's get this machine back on track!
CertifiedAxeman98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I read the below article about the Houston Rockets regarding the return of Bzdelik. I would say this quote about the Rockets sums up SFA pretty well.

"We can get it to the point like it was last year at the end, but we want it to be even better. We need to continue to grow. You have some young players that are finding their way right now and learning. There's no substitute for experience. It takes all five guys to get a stop."

He also talked about injuries as well which is added to SFA's slow start to the season.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texas-sports-nation/rockets/article/Rockets-happy-to-see-Jeff-Bzdelik-back-13389697.php
Txjack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

I read the below article about the Houston Rockets regarding the return of Bzdelik. I would say this quote about the Rockets sums up SFA pretty well.

"We can get it to the point like it was last year at the end, but we want it to be even better. We need to continue to grow. You have some young players that are finding their way right now and learning. There's no substitute for experience. It takes all five guys to get a stop."

He also talked about injuries as well which is added to SFA's slow start to the season.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texas-sports-nation/rockets/article/Rockets-happy-to-see-Jeff-Bzdelik-back-13389697.php
Agreed, good analogy...a few games this year, the Rockets have looked borderline helpless, then they looked "like the Rockets" against the Nuggets the other night...they too should be okay
edstile
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Northeastern beat Alabama today, 68-52.
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
LaTech gave LSU all they could but came up short tonight. (I still like that we beat both of those teams last year.) But, LaTech will be no pushover.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
BigJack85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looks like Abilene will be a real tussle this year. No joke. There 6-0 and they've actually played 5 D1 games.
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ballwatch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BU and the Illini playing at Notre Dame right now, maybe BU can get this one... #flashbacks
Pilotgirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAJack_76 said:




SO PROUD OF HIM !!!
RedRiverLa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nacluth said:

LaTech gave LSU all they could but came up short tonight. (I still like that we beat both of those teams last year.) But, LaTech will be no pushover.

Been following LA Tech (my daughter is marrying a grad so I have to). They are a very good team - it will be a challenge just to stay close this early in the year with their continuity and us still trying to find ours. I'll be in WRJ that night wearing purple and doing my own Jack Walk into the building.
ROCKIN' & RUCKIN' - AxeEm!
SFA ROTC Lumberjack Battalion
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not a bad week at all.

TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looks like UALR is trying to get the arena full for basketball games.

I'd be interested to see a compare and contrast between this and our basketball pricing strategy with the premium games.

SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Alabama paid Georgia State to come and beat them 83-80.
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TallTexan said:

Looks like UALR is trying to get the arena full for basketball games.

I'd be interested to see a compare and contrast between this and our basketball pricing strategy with the premium games.


They are averaging about 1,700 attendance through four home games. It must not be much of a product if they are only charging $2.
Ballwatch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Alabam dropped 52 points on GS in the first half. GS returned the favor in the 2nd by scoring 52 on them.
CertifiedAxeman98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone have an update on Comeaux? In the Belfast pics I saw him in regular clothes. Looking Forward to the game on Friday.
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
One of our friends over at Sam is convinced that struggling early in the season means we're no longer a basketball school.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fcs/comments/a2sd4l/colby_carthel_named_head_coach_at_sfa/eb3qtfy

I set him straight though. Multiple times. Those Bearkats, they're a little tough to get through to.

Thought you guys would enjoy.
Jacks4460
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TallTexan said:

One of our friends over at Sam is convinced that struggling early in the season means we're no longer a basketball school.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fcs/comments/a2sd4l/colby_carthel_named_head_coach_at_sfa/eb3qtfy

I set him straight though. Multiple times. Those Bearkats, they're a little tough to get through to.

Thought you guys would enjoy.
Good stuff Texan sounds like aggy and Prison Tech fans think the same...
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jacks4460 said:

TallTexan said:

One of our friends over at Sam is convinced that struggling early in the season means we're no longer a basketball school.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fcs/comments/a2sd4l/colby_carthel_named_head_coach_at_sfa/eb3qtfy

I set him straight though. Multiple times. Those Bearkats, they're a little tough to get through to.

Thought you guys would enjoy.
Good stuff Texan sounds like aggy and Prison Tech fans think the same...
From what I hear from my brother who fell out of the family tree and into a Sam Houston degree, they're sometimes the same students.

He said he had classmates who tried to get into A&M, went to Blinn, still couldn't get in, so they live in CStat and attend Sam. That's a lot of miles just to pretend to that you're getting an A&M degree.
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.