2018-2019 Basketball Season

297,825 Views | 1139 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PurpleOut
djsfw57
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pilotgirl
I totally get what you are putting out there. I've never been & I'm sorry you had a horrible experience. If we go, we will go with Purple Pride full on and they better get ready for this red head and my girl don't take nothing from nobody (I raised her right!)

YES LET'S GET BACK TO BASKETBALL CUZ BAYLOR WHO?!
PurpleOut
Staff
Baylor basketball fans are surprisingly bad, with how they treat opposing fans and players. Young and old, they'll taunt and cuss at you all game, win or lose. I've been to 6-7 games there, and all 3 of our games there including when we destroyed them in 2003.
Pilotgirl
Wow...good to know but not surprised AT ALL.
SFAXE93
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Baylor basketball fans are surprisingly bad, with how they treat opposing fans and players. Young and old, they'll taunt and cuss at you all game, win or lose. I've been to 6-7 games there, and all 3 of our games there including when we destroyed them in 2003.

I do remember that when we went their band kept playing Blurred Lines, which flabbergasted me given that the sex assault story had broken only a few months earlier.
Pilotgirl
Ewww.
Jacks4460
beaubrad46 said:

I've been to many venues but the Baylor fans are the most obnoxious, disrespectful fans that I have ever experienced. They made very disrespectful comments about SFA including homophobic slurs about the color purple. They taunted us for wearing SFA purple shirts. They made very egregious expletive laced comments about our players. We actually feared for our safety. My friend was an SFA teacher. He wrote several very well written letters to several Baylor administrators with complaints. He got no replies or apologies. Go Lumberjacks! Go SFA! Go purple!

I know it's not the answer... but if they taunted me and made homophobic names then someone would be either getting their asses kicked or would have a 250lb Jack all on their ass..
cboothe09
My sister went to Baylor and talked about how embarrassed she would be at sporting events. She had a friend (daughter of a Baptist preacher) that went to A&M, go to a game in Waco with her. They ended up leaving because it was so bad. The next year my sister went to the game in College Station and the fans were much nicer. May have played a role in her decision to get her Masters from A&M.
SFAJack_76
I have not been to a college sports event in Waco. I may have to make this game just because.

Strength in numbers. Let's turn it proudly purple!
Jacks4460
You know I have a sister and multiple friends that are agy and Longhorn grads and come to think of it they really hate Baylor... Now I hear y'all saying how bad they are... The agy grads hated them with a true passion.. Now I see why they said they same things as on this thread..
sfa17
Sfa at #103 in the nation and #1 in southland.
http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/16440
SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

Sfa at #103 in the nation and #1 in southland.
http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/16440
They also have us as a 14 seed in the Big Dance. Also, they're saying that that "Keyon" Harris fellow should be pretty good for us.
Pilotgirl
Yes beau...was gonna post yesterday and didn't know a goid place...Ty was my fav player (no secret). Now taking applications for new fav player! So proud of Ty!

Look at those rings and wearing his jersey!

Check out @JeremyCox44's Tweet:
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl

And here he is walking the stage. As an educator, this is a perfect SLAM DUNK to end his college career at SFA. #ForeverALumberjack

Check out @ritapintavalle's Tweet:
No-look
When does practice officially start? And anyone know of Johns surgery status?
PurpleOut
Staff
No-look said:

When does practice officially start? And anyone know of Johns surgery status?
NCAA Hoops practice is allowed to start 42 days before their first competition. Similarly, this year the NCAA approved the start date for the season by three days (Nov 9 to Nov 6). Helps get some exposure since the weekends will still be NCAA Football/NFL focused.
TallTexan
Looks like that'd be September 25th.
Txjack
Pilotgirl said:

Yes beau...was gonna post yesterday and didn't know a goid place...Ty was my fav player (no secret). Now taking applications for new fav player! So proud of Ty!

Look at those rings and wearing his jersey!

Check out @JeremyCox44's Tweet:
Much like Walkup, will really miss watching Ty play. Loved his game, demeanor...stuck up for himself when he needed to. Injuries unfortunately kept him from even greater things. Seemed well rounded on and off. 4 years goes by sooo quickly...wish him the best!
Pilotgirl
Yes but resiliency...I see that in spades with Ty and that will help him so much with whatever avenue he is doing with his life. To come back from injuries and still be an awesome player & leader...give me that player ANY day!
PurpleOut
Staff
Two official dates to add:

1/19 @UIW
2/23 UIW
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

Two official dates to add:

1/19 @UIW
2/23 UIW

Thanks for this. I would think that all of the SLC schedules would be released at one time rather than individual schools.
Pilotgirl
Don't freak out about John's surgery

(My new mantra)
No-look
Pilotgirl said:

(My new mantra)
Be nice to know what kind of surgery John had. And projected time to play.
PurpleOut
Staff
If John/the staff hasn't said anything publicly, then it's probably something they don't want out right now.
Pilotgirl
Which is why I'm sticking to my mantra...
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth
Not the strongest team, but nice to get another game out of the tournament...and a home game at that. Good for us!
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
PurpleOut
Staff
Yep. Marist was bad last year, like, really bad. But it is what it is, doesn't mean they'll be bad this year.

And they are in NY, so props to them for coming to Nac before traveling to Ireland.
cboothe09
SF Austin? What the duece...

It looks like the teams from the other bracket are traveling to the teams in our bracket. I figure it is safe to assume that LIU-Brooklyn/Dartmouth will be coming our way.
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

Yep. Marist was bad last year, like, really bad. But it is what it is, doesn't mean they'll be bad this year.

And they are in NY, so props to them for coming to Nac before traveling to Ireland.
Marist will play at Buffalo four days after playing us, so that will be a good barometer of a probable opponent in Belfast.
PurpleOut
Staff
edstile said:

PurpleOut said:

Marist will play at Buffalo four days after playing us, so that will be a good barometer of a probable opponent in Belfast.
Will probably be Dartmouth. I think they are the only other school (other than us) to not release their schedule. LIU Brooklyn is traveling to San Francisco and Milwaukee.
nacluth
cboothe, email me at my username at yahoo.com. I've got prizes to send you.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

edstile said:

PurpleOut said:

Will probably be Dartmouth. I think they are the only other school (other than us) to not release their schedule. LIU Brooklyn is traveling to San Francisco and Milwaukee.
They may not be brand name basketball programs, but they're brand name schools.

And if Dartmouth & Marist can find Nacogdoches, certainly our other Texas schools can figure out where it's at.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.