2018-2019 Basketball Season

297,850 Views | 1139 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PurpleOut
BigJack85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Most of the write up is dead on. Good stuff I hope he's correct to say that we are a few years from approaching Gonzaga status. Seems like a stretch right now but two or three more solid years and maybe....
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFA Jack Fanatic
Wow! That's a great write-up. The writer is really high on the Jacks in general and on Mitch Seraille in particular. Here's hoping he's right on both counts.
TallTexan
BigJack85 said:

Most of the write up is dead on. Good stuff I hope he's correct to say that we are a few years from approaching Gonzaga status. Seems like a stretch right now but two or three more solid years and maybe....

I think we have an excellent opportunity to reach those heights and establish ourselves a top mid major.

We're a basketball school in a football state, we have a direct path to March Madness, one of the best fanbases in Texas, and few competitors for top mid major status in Texas. Plus, our high major basketball schools aren't so hot at the moment.

Now we just have to take advantage of the opportunity!
cboothe09
Wonder if we have any spies in College Station that can give a little feedback on today's scrimmage???
TallTexan
cboothe09 said:

Wonder if we have any spies in College Station that can give a little feedback on today's scrimmage???

Man that's today? I was gonna dress up as Reveille to sneak in, but I'm already booked for this evening.
No-look
cboothe09 said:

Probably didn't happen, right? Lol
PurpleOut
Staff
No-look
PurpleOut said:

Not bad for a road scrimmage.
nacluth
To be fair, scrimmages are not usually about the final score but live game play. Knowing schemes work will be much better than final points, but still...
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
Jyank24
SFAXE93
nacluth
Yes! Like I said, score doesn't matter, but I'm counting it as a win against the Big 12.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
nacluth
Jovan played 14 minutes and Mitchell and Jock didn't see the floor in the second, but O did. Interesting.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
Jyank24
Jyank24
Anyone know if Aaron got hurt today?

TallTexan
https://cbbtoday.com/mens/stephen-f-austins-excellent-culture-continues-to-evolve-under-kyle-keller/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
TallTexan
Jyank24 said:

Dang I sure hope not.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Jovan played 14 minutes and Mitchell and Jock didn't see the floor in the second, but O did. Interesting.
And TJ didn't play. I assume they're playing it safe with him.
PurpleOut
Staff
We've got a pretty bad injury bug right now unfortunately. Sammy didn't play as well.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jyank24 said:

We sure don't need another injury to a guard.
sfa17
from the sheet it looks like aaron played 18 minutes in first and only 6 in second half,
PurpleForever
Sheesh, if Aaron is down for a length of time that's huge.
No-look
Freshmen may have to grow up in a hurry.
Pilotgirl
THIS IS NOT WHAT DREAMS ARE MADE OF.

Going to sleep and having nightmares about whatever happened to Aaron.
Jyank24
Hopefully short term thing, off of Shannon's account
Could really go for some sort of information though. This could be a HUGE year for SFA, let's pray for some healing powers

TallTexan
I know it's not their role or concern, but I wish we had one guy on twitter who was plain and direct.

Like: Praying for you Aaron, that low ankle sprain sucks, can't wait to have you back in two weeks.

sfa17
It's not just our players. It is every cbb player on Twitter. They just want to avoid getting in trouble. Everyone is watching and if they post something they will be swarmed with questions from fans ."what type of injury ? "..etc
PurpleForever
TallTexan said:

I know it's not their role or concern, but I wish we had one guy on twitter who was plain and direct.

Like: Praying for you Aaron, that low ankle sprain sucks, can't wait to have you back in two weeks.

Hahahaha

Yeah injury reports would be nice. I was out for a few weeks, have we gotten any news on John? I was assuming he was out this year, but cared more about beyond that. Didn't know if it was a situation similar to Coris Williams a couple of years ago.
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleForever said:

TallTexan said:

Hahahaha

Yeah injury reports would be nice. I was out for a few weeks, have we gotten any news on John? I was assuming he was out this year, but cared more about beyond that. Didn't know if it was a situation similar to Coris Williams a couple of years ago.
Today's news about TJ is an even bigger blow.
Jyank24
Don't forget, just a scrimmage...we beat and played with an SEC team. We belong, and aren't going away anytime soon !!!
TallTexan
Anyone win the lottery? Be sure to let Ivey know so that he can go hire Nick Saban to coach the football team.
nacluth
Thought I would post a couple of stat lines:

Augustin: 24 mins; 9 pts; 2 assists; 3 reb; 2 steals; 3 TO
Walker: 9 mins; 4pts; 1 assist; 1 reb

Harris: 32 mins; 26 pts; 3 assists; 10 reb; 2 steals; 3 TO
Bogues: 31 mins; 12 pts; 6 assists; 4 reb; 1 steal; 3 TO

Fitzgerald: 31 mins; 14 pts; 12 reb; 2 steals; 1 TO
Bain: 34 mins; 6 pts; 1 assist; 5 reb; 3 steals; 2 TO
Grujic: 31 mins; 5 pts; 1 assist; 3 reb; 3 TO

TOs: SFA - 15; A&M - 23

Kevon and Fitz both had double-doubles. Fitz and Bain both got 6 (?) personal fouls.

Essentially a 7 man team. We can win with this 7, but man I sure would like us to be a 9 man team. Of course, Hughes and Mitchell didn't contribute tonight. They will have to this season.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
cboothe09
What news about TJ? I saw he sat out as a precaution, but is there more to his situation I may have missed?
RedRiverLa

Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
CertifiedAxeman98
I don't normally read much into scrimmages. Coaches try different combinations on the floor and subbing to see what works and what does not work.

Going to need TJ back for Miami. Not sure what his injury is but I am sure you would rather him playing 31 mins. than Grujic. Also, didn't see Nieminen in the stats, is he hurt as well? I figured we would have plenty of post players jockeying for time this year with the addition of Fitzgerald & Seraille but with TJ & Nieminen not playing it looks slimmer in the paint but good to see that Fitzgerald got a lot of time & rebounds.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.