2018-2019 Basketball Season

297,291 Views | 1139 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PurpleOut
djsfw57
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Only 171 days until opening day!

PS I know it's really early, but I'm just that excited about what next year could hold.
No-look
Just think of it as six car notes and it will fly by.
djsfw57
That's a sobering way to look at it. LOL
TallTexan
We need summer basketball like we have spring football.
sfa17
The 3 seasons in the a year
Pre- basketball season
Basketball season
Post-Basketball season
Txjack
Agreed....I scrolled thru the SL championship game I had on the DVR Sunday night as well as the first half of the Tech game...but just the first half. Didn't want to break my heart again by watching the 2nd half.

At least the Rockets are still in it for me...nice/gutsy win last night!
SFAXE93
TallTexan
That's a beautiful sight!
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

Yes it is. I just want to see it more than one game a year.
djsfw57
My heart literally pounded when I saw that fantastic pic. Hope one day I get to come back to SFA to watch a game in person. Or better yet, maybe I'll get to watch them play in person in Cleveland, Columbus, Pittsburgh, etc in a regional final.
nacluth
In that pic it shows us down 5-6. Sam would score the next bucket...then we would score the next 14 points to go up permanently by double digits. Up 18 at the half, win by 16. Bogues scored 29. Charles had 20. I love killing Sam. Thanks for the memories.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

TallTexan said:

I think we need to move Cram the Coliseum to January as soon as the students get back, pack the house for the Sam game, & then again for Senior Night at a minimum.

Cram our other Coliseum, when we bring more fans to Huntsville, is pretty fun too.
PurpleOut
Staff
TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

TallTexan said:

I think we need to move Cram the Coliseum to January as soon as the students get back, pack the house for the Sam game, & then again for Senior Night at a minimum.

Cram our other Coliseum, when we bring more fans to Huntsville, is pretty fun too.
We did a great job with the game in Huntsville. The Facebook event and the social media activity was solid. We can keep working on that each year and it will only get better.
No-look
Still anxiously awaiting the non conference schedule.
nacluth
When we got the news that we would have a great home game, I picked 36 days until we would know we have Villanova at home. Today is the 36th day, so I expect the announcement anytime.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFAJack_76
36 days and no hint of who the big home game might be.

In two days, we have no AD and no word on candidates other than maybe the Nicholls guy.

Nothing on any possible recruit for the open scholarship.

Well, at least we got Ireland.

TallTexan
I'll be back in ETX on Monday and am willing and able to serve as the interim AD for as long as necessary. I won't even need to be paid nearly as much as Mike Perrin was at Texas.

Who shall serve in my cabinet?
Jacks4460
TallTexan said:

I'll be back in ETX on Monday and am willing and able to serve as the interim AD for as long as necessary. I won't even need to be paid nearly as much as Mike Perrin was at Texas.

Dude you know I am there.. I can do whatever is needed.. I will even take care of Gazette and all his $$$$
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

Ooo! Ooo! Take me! Take me! (I'm assuming you are OK with telecommuting, right?)
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks4460 said:

I will even take care of Gazette and all his $$$$
Now, 4460. Let's play nice. LOL!
Jacks4460
edstile said:

Jacks4460 said:

I will even take care of Gazette and all his $$$$
Now, 4460. Let's play nice. LOL!
I am serious I would find a way to keep the Gazette family happy.. Just because I dont agree with some of their stances on certain things doesn't mean I cant get along and treat them with respect especially if they are trusting me with $$$ they are donating..
TallTexan
edstile said:

TallTexan said:

Ooo! Ooo! Take me! Take me! (I'm assuming you are OK with telecommuting, right?)
Sure, but you can't wear a speedo when we're video conferencing if you're on a cruise. That's where I draw the line.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

edstile said:

TallTexan said:

Sure, but you can't wear a speedo when we're video conferencing if you're on a cruise. That's where I draw the line.
The world would NOT want to see me in a Speedo...
TallTexan
edstile said:

TallTexan said:

edstile said:

TallTexan said:

I think I'm gonna buy your tickets for the BOTPW this year, on the Sam Houston side, I've only got one condition lol.

Hey Coach Conque, I think I've found us a secret weapon.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

edstile said:

I think I'm gonna buy your tickets for the BOTPW this year, on the Sam Houston side, I've only got one condition lol.
That would certainly clear a big chunk of the stands, but unfortunately, probably not Prison Tech's players.
SFASawmillGuy
SFAJack_76 said:

In two days, we have no AD and no word on candidates other than maybe the Nicholls guy.

I keep forgetting that no one else knows who it is...
SFAJack_76
SFA_03 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

The game or the open scholarship? Since we now know the AD.

Probably you are referencing the big game. How complicated is it to draw up and execute a contract?
nacluth
SFA_03 said:

Feel free to be a buddy and PM me.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

SFA_03 said:

Feel free to be a buddy and PM me.
Me, too, 03. I promise your secret is safe with me. (Yeah, that's the ticket...)
SFASawmillGuy
I have some demands.
SFAXE93
No matter what, they can never take this away from us.

TallTexan
SFA_03 said:

I have some demands.
I will gladly name fingers, point names, & make any and all campaign promises required for the inside scoop.
TallTexan
edstile said:

TallTexan said:

edstile said:

That would certainly clear a big chunk of the stands, but unfortunately, probably not Prison Tech's players.
Maybe Isaac can pull some strings and get you some sideline press passes for the game?
SFA Jack Fanatic
Meanwhile, back to basketball......
No-look
Isn't it about time for an update on the status of the program? The purple koolaid is getting low and needs a little added sugar. Someone throw a bone for us to gnaw on. Lol

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.