2018-2019 Basketball Season

298,169 Views | 1139 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PurpleOut
SFASawmillGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PurpleOut said:

New black unis, definitely an upgrade from the old blacks.

I've always loved the black and purple combination. It looks really sharp and under the lights intimidating.
cboothe09
I would have put us and UNT over SMU and UTSA. I would also have put Houston and Tech over Texas.

Never cared for the black unis until now. Those are really nice...
SFASawmillGuy
A black out game in the coliseum would be a really cool idea. Give away black out t-shirts. That along with the purple and white stripe idea.
Oh. And getting most of our home games at or near capacity. That's another good idea.
PurpleOut
Staff
I see Sammy in there.

sfa17
A blackout or whiteout for the Bama game on national tv would be amazing.
TallTexan
So it looks like you can only by tickets for the Bama game by either getting season tickets or buying the mini plan. Just some back of the envelope math, but given that the mini plans are general admission only, that prices the Bama tickets at around 30 apiece.

Do we have that much demand to justify that price?
nacluth
I've mentioned this before, but unless they are jacking up admission prices by more than 100%, then the mini plan makes 0 sense. I asked the college girl who called me on the phone trying to sell the plan why the price was so high, she said she didn't know but would find out and get back to me. The next day she called and asked, "did you decide to get the tickets?" I asked if she found out why they were so much, she said her supervisor didn't know.
TallTexan
Agreed Nacluth. I clicked through a few single ticket games and it looks like General Admission runs around 6-10 per game if you pre-buy.

It just doesn't make any sense. My Dad was looking at the price $51, and was like, oh that must be a plan for half the games (given that GA for all season is $100).
PurpleOut
Staff
Big thing to note, the transfer ticket functionality is live.
PurpleOut
Staff
The Bama game/GA ticket still doesn't make sense, I agree. At some point the Bama game will be available to purchase individually, I'm assuming they are waiting as long as possible to get Season/Mini plan ticket sales in. I also think it's fair to have the Bama game priced higher than the other games. The majority of the schools season tickets that I've seen (my parents season tickets at Texas for example) have a few games at one price, and then a premium price for the bigger games. So I think that should be taken into consideration here.

I again still think we should at least look into getting rid or minimizing the amount of GA tickets. Just make different tiers of reserved seating.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

That's awesome!

I might get season tickets now, I didn't want to buy and then leave the games we can't make it to open.

How's the transfer work? Do I have to know who I want to transfer it to, or can I just add them to a list of unused tickets that people can claim?
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

The Bama game/GA ticket still doesn't make sense, I agree. At some point the Bama game will be available to purchase individually, I'm assuming they are waiting as long as possible to get Season/Mini plan ticket sales in. I also think it's fair to have the Bama game priced higher than the other games. The majority of the schools season tickets that I've seen (my parents season tickets at Texas for example) have a few games at one price, and then a premium price for the bigger games. So I think that should be taken into consideration here.
I agree that it's definitely worth more, and maybe Ivey has some data that suggests they can still sell out at a higher ticket price. If that's the case, it's basically like free money.

I'm just concerned because to me, the most important thing for the Bama game is to have as full and raucous of a crowd as possible.
nacluth
PurpleOut said:

Can you tell if you can leave tickets at will call? Or can you explain more about it? Maybe a ticket thread?
PurpleOut
Staff
TallTexan said:

PurpleOut said:

That's awesome!

I might get season tickets now, I didn't want to buy and then leave the games we can't make it to open.

How's the transfer work? Do I have to know who I want to transfer it to, or can I just add them to a list of unused tickets that people can claim?
You'll have to have an exact individual to transfer them to (name and email). It looks like they would be transferred via email. Doesn't show an option for will call. However I'm not sure what options recipient will have when they get the email.
PurpleOut
Staff
TallTexan said:

PurpleOut said:

I agree that it's definitely worth more, and maybe Ivey has some data that suggests they can still sell out at a higher ticket price. If that's the case, it's basically like free money.

I'm just concerned because to me, the most important thing for the Bama game is to have as full and raucous of a crowd as possible.
Agreed.
PurpleOut
Staff
If anyone wants my tickets for SAGU next Thursday (the 8th), I can go ahead and see how it works and transfer them.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

If anyone wants my tickets for SAGU next Thursday (the 8th), I can go ahead and see how it works and transfer them.
What? you're skipping the game against Screen Actors Guild U? They're a powerhouse!
PurpleOut
Staff
As well, if anyone want's my tickets to the WBB games, I won't be making those games. Sorry ladies.
nacluth
I'll happily help you out test out the transfer function.
jboy93
So do ya'll think it's a bad idea to just get GA tickets for the games I can make since I don't live in Nac?
PurpleOut
Staff
Depends on how many games you think you can make, as well as how much you want to spend. If it's not a lot then the Mini plan may be the best option. But again now with the transfer ticket option, you've got a chance to get rid of the unused ones (whether you want to charge someone for them that's up to you).

Also, any season ticket holder that's on Twitter, if you tag the @Lumberjackfans account that you have tickets you want to transfer, I will retweet it to help.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Is the transfer function on the SFA Athletics website? I don't see it there.
SFA Jack Fanatic
edstile said:

Is the transfer function on the SFA Athletics website? I don't see it there.
Never mind. I found it. Had to log into my SFA ticket account first.
PurpleOut
Staff
Yeah, this will be at your individual ticket account page (SFATickets.com).

Just transferred my two to nacluth for next Thursday. Took 20 seconds, very straight forward. Korbin said they will still be releasing some documentation so everyone understands the new system.

Ryan, let us know when you get the email and how it works on that end.
nacluth
Pretty simple! Got the email. Clicked the link.

I did have to make an account on the ticket exchange, but that was no problem. It gave me the option to print the tickets or mobile delivery. I chose mobile and got an email with the tickets. They were added to my iPhone wallet. Pretty sweet. I guess I'll let someone scan my phone at the arena.

Thanks Matt!
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
PurpleOut
Staff
Awesome, good to see how it works.
Pilotgirl
Guess it doesn't work if tickets were mailed to you?
PurpleOut
Staff
Pilotgirl said:

Guess it doesn't work if tickets were mailed to you?

This is just for electronic transfer, someone can still give/mail you physical tickets. Is that what you mean?
SFA Jack Fanatic

This is a very nice feature. We need to keep butts in the seats at every game.
TallTexan
https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/sports/2018/11/02/umbc-basketball-no-longer-has-explain-itself-after-epic-ncaa-victory/?__twitter_impression=true
nacluth
"On campus visit day saw a 27% increase..." Not bad for a NCAA win.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Wish this could be shown to some of those knucklehead professors who encouraged their clueless students to vote down the athletic fee referendum.
Jacks4460
edstile said:

nacluth said:

Wish this could be shown to some of those knucklehead professors who encouraged their clueless students to vote down the athletic fee referendum.
No doubt... Ryan will show it to them...
sfa17
SFA at #19 on College Insider MM Top 25 ranking. CI usually does a good job at ranking us unlike mid major madness

http://www.collegeinsider.com/mens-mid-major-top-25.php

nacluth
They do. It's because their selection committee is midmajor coaches not wannabe sportswriters and fanboys. Danny Kaspar, Jason Hooten, and Willis Wilson are all on the committee, so at least three voters know how good we are.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.