2018-2019 Basketball Season

298,627 Views | 1139 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PurpleOut
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
The new practice shorts are awesome. Jerseys too.
Jacks4460
SFAJack_76 said:

I don't see #10.

I don't see John C. in any of these... Did I miss something?
PurpleOut
Staff
Hoping to get some traction on this a little earlier this year.

TallTexan
I like it!

I hope we can move cram the Coliseum to the front of the conference season too, maybe as soon as the students get back.
PurpleOut
Staff
TallTexan said:

I like it!

I hope we can move cram the Coliseum to the front of the conference season too, maybe as soon as the students get back.
Agreed.
SFAJack_76
I see that Harrison Perkins, one of the non-scholarship guys last year is not on the roster.

With Nicholas sitting out his transfer red-shirt year and the uncertainty around Comeaux, the bench is a little thin. Need to stay healthy.
CertifiedAxeman98
I am pretty sure that I saw a posting a month or so ago for open try outs so that would probably fill Perkins position.
nacluth
SFAXE93 said:

Interesting. They had him on the roster a few weeks back. Hope everything is all right.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

SFAXE93 said:

Interesting. They had him on the roster a few weeks back. Hope everything is all right.
I thought I had seen him on the roster. Thanks.
PurpleOut
Staff
Coach had a quick press conference this afternoon. Replay below.

nacluth
I love those pressers! Didn't mention Comeaux but mentioned our "tough" point guards on defense.
SFAJack_76
The bad was no mention of Comeaux at all. I don't understand us not hearing anything. Or maybe, hopefully, it's nothing.

Although there was a lot of good, I latched on to the potential commit in the next week or so. Keller said that his son, who was on the recruiting trip with him, really bonded with the recruit.
PurpleOut
Staff
Aaron Walton is our new walk-on.
nacluth
If we don't have Comeaux, we are short at guard. A starting lineup I expect is: Aaron, Kevon, Shannon, TJ, and Fitz. We have decent backups for the front court - Sammy, Bain and even Jovan (Mitchell a decent freshman). For guards - just the freshmen Jock and Oddyst.

That means all 5 guards have basically have to play every game. If one gets hurt then I would guess Bain would be the backup. Let's pray for a healthy year.
PurpleOut
Staff
Agree that it's concerning. I think you can draw up a three Forward lineup with guys like Bain and Mitch, both really athletic. As long as they can play D, which could be difficult in a league with teams that will play four guards.

Avoiding injuries like you said, and like Coach said today, will be key. We're good with the rotation if they can stay healthy and out of foul trouble. On paper.
sfa17
Starting 5 is solid. Everyone after that is questionable. Sammy(?) Bain(?) comeux(?) 3 freshmen and jovan (??). I had high hopes for Bain but injury have gotten in the way. Hopefully he stays healthy and produces.

Someone on the bench will need to step up from the level they played last year.

No-look
Hoping that the new guys will step up. Jock and Mitchell could really make an impact soon. Would be nice If Oddest came on quickly. I like our freshmen.
SFASawmillGuy
sfa17 said:

Starting 5 is solid. Everyone after that is questionable. Sammy(?) Bain(?) comeux(?) 3 freshmen and jovan (??). I had high hopes for Bain but injury have gotten in the way. Hopefully he stays healthy and produces.

Someone on the bench will need to step up from the level they played last year.

Bain Sammy and Comeaux were all really good bench guys last year by the end of the year.

As for Jovan. This is his year!!!
sfa17
Comeux yes.. but people are speculating he may not play. Really good bench guys is a bit of a stretch for Sammy and Bains. Our bench guys were shanon, Canate (or Aaron) , and Comeux. If someone told me Sammy played 10 game last season.. I would believe them. If someone told me Sammy played 30 games last season I would also believe that.
PurpleOut
Staff
Miami game also on ESPNU

BigJack85
Freaking awesome.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
TallTexan
So this is what that Presidential alert was about!

Ballwatch
Many props to the coaching staff for what looks to be like top notch recruiting! Big timing it!
nacluth
It's about time for some preseason Sawmill hype articles.
No-look
nacluth said:

It's about time for some preseason Sawmill hype articles.
This.
No-look
This can't be good news for the rest of the Southland. Although if we don't come to play they can put an L on you. But this has got to be disheartening for those teams watching these high caliber recruits come to Nac.
TallTexan
No-look said:

This can't be good news for the rest of the Southland. Although if we don't come to play they can put an L on you. But this has got to be disheartening for those teams watching these high caliber recruits come to Nac.

I think there are probably some high major teams in the state who are concerned with the level of talent we're bringing in.
Jacks4460
TallTexan said:

No-look said:

I think there are probably some high major teams in the state who are concerned with the level of talent we're bringing in.
We fought aggy for Pope until the very end..So there is one school...
SFA Jack Fanatic
Louisiana Lafayette was the school that we were mainly competing with for his services at the end.

BTW, anyone know anything about the walk-on Walton? I've been out of the loop. So if it's been posted elsewhere point me in that direction.
Pilotgirl
Visitors!
nacluth
The boys were showing out!
Jacks4460
nacluth said:

The boys were showing out!
Shannon, TJ, Mitch, Kevon, Oddyst showed the best..
tangerito
https://www.midmajormadness.com/2018/10/5/17901222/southland-conference-preseason-rankings-college-basketball-stephen-austin-veal-lamar-abilene-sfa
nacluth
Good to hear! Good news on Oddyst and Mitch for sure.
Jacks4460
nacluth said:

Good to hear! Good news on Oddyst and Mitch for sure.
I was real happy to hear that about Oddyst considering Johns situation..

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.