2018-2019 Basketball Season

297,468 Views | 1139 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PurpleOut
No-look
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is it really just one more day?
djsfw57
Now look what you've done. I'd managed to stay calm about this until I read your post. Now I feel like I drank a keg of Red Bull.
BigJack85
Pulled up Keller's presser. He sounds really confident, surprisingly. Given the loss of two point guards he seem comfortable with a completely different rotation. I'm ready to go!
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
No-look
Really hoping the new guys Get in rhythm quick this year. I'm ready!
Pilotgirl
Ugh. Missing the first 2 homegames because I've been battling pneumonia of all things! MONTHS go by with no basketball and then THIS. Gave my 2 tickets to my daughter to find peeps in the community to go. I'll be watching on the laptop
sfa17
nacluth said:

They do. It's because their selection committee is midmajor coaches not wannabe sportswriters and fanboys. Danny Kaspar, Jason Hooten, and Willis Wilson are all on the committee, so at least three voters know how good we are.

Yeah I remember getting into it with one of the mid major madness voters for ranking Vcu at #10 and not having us ranked at all at 10-1. He reason was that vcu had 4 good losses. Smh
PurpleOut
Staff
PurpleOut
Staff
Pilotgirl said:

Ugh. Missing the first 2 homegames because I've been battling pneumonia of all things! MONTHS go by with no basketball and then THIS. Gave my 2 tickets to my daughter to find peeps in the community to go. I'll be watching on the laptop
Sorry to hear that!

Also, helps that you have your daughter, but always feel free to let me know if you want to try to find someone to take unused tickets.
PurpleOut
Staff
ICYMI: Looks like a large chunk of our home games will be on ESPN+.

I know they've said it's out of our control, but still sucks. $4.99/mo isn't terrible, but it's tough for some fans going from free EVERY game to that.

jboy93

Just saying...
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth
Nice Matt. I guess you have a duty to fulfill now. Tell Amazon you're going to need some extra pay now that you have national recognition.
cboothe09
As long as a portion of that $4.99 makes it to Nacogdoches, I'm okay with paying it...
sfa17
La Tech beats Wichita State in Wichita. But WSU is supposed to be pretty bad this season. La Tech 71 WSU 58. Baylor also lost to Texas southern at home.
PurpleOut
Staff
A little misinformation/miscommunication on my part re: injuries.

Comeaux has NOT been ruled out for the season. As I mentioned before the game he was running the court by himself pretty well. And Aaron could be back much sooner. As in a few weeks according to him on Twitter.

Just got back home, I'll share more comments tomorrow.
nacluth
Wow! The news gets better and better. It's hard to quantify how much TJ's loss impacts this team as he is the most experienced player, but his position is covered up with talented players. Point guard though is a waste land right now. If somehow we got back not just one but BOTH our PGs, all the sudden our ceiling for this year goes way up!
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
BigJack85
That would be nice. Get Comeaux back late December. Get Aaron back mid December and we're pretty deep. Could be nice.
PurpleOut
Staff
New ticket plans have been created/updated, including reserved seating instead of GA.

https://sfajacks.com/news/2018/11/7/dynamic-ticket-pricing-announced-for-sfa-mens-and-womens-basketball.aspx?path=mbball

TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

New ticket plans have been created/updated, including reserved seating instead of GA.

https://sfajacks.com/news/2018/11/7/dynamic-ticket-pricing-announced-for-sfa-mens-and-womens-basketball.aspx?path=mbball

I honestly have no idea how to interpret that pricing plan. Are those per game prices?

Also, on a side note, can you still get season tickets?
PurpleOut
Staff
Quote:

"Our vision is to become the leading mid-major athletics department in the nation, and this robust ticket pricing structure allows us to take a step toward achieving that vision," commented SFA director of athletics Ryan Ivey.
That's what I'm talking about. I said if we want to be a big boy athletic department then we're going to have to start changing some things like ticket prices and options. I'm glad we have someone like Ivey now that sees taht future.

The next step is to get rid of/minimize the amount of GA tickets. As long as it's cost feasible to us, I don't see any reason to not do this. Make everyone buy tickets and get a reserved seat as close to the court as possible. Last night there was a group of 15 or so sitting in the top corner, with 20 empty rows in front of them. What's the point of that?
PurpleOut
Staff
TallTexan said:

PurpleOut said:

I honestly have no idea how to interpret that pricing plan. Are those per game prices?

Correct. Similar to what I said a few weeks ago where schools have tickets priced differently based on the magnitude of the game. "Tier 1" is bigger game and thus more expensive.

Can still get season ticket as well.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

TallTexan said:

PurpleOut said:

Correct. Similar to what I said a few weeks ago where schools have tickets priced differently based on the magnitude of the game. "Tier 1" is bigger game and thus more expensive.

Gotcha. I'll have to sit down with my wife tonight and see if we can make enough games to make it worth it.
PurpleOut
Staff
TallTexan said:

PurpleOut said:

TallTexan said:

PurpleOut said:

Gotcha. I'll have to sit down with my wife tonight and see if we can make enough games to make it worth it.
I'd also consider just doing it the Varsity Club way. Depending on how much you can donate, $500 level and above includes 2 reserved tickets. And the rest is tax deductible.
PurpleOut
Staff
FWIW, I just checked the Mini plan update. For $55 ($110 for 2) you can get the Bama, LaTech and SLU games in the row right behind me. That's 6 rows up, mid court. Fantastic deal if you ask me.
Pilotgirl
It's rough for me to do stairs sometimes bc of a back injury (Bain and I have some commonality) so I prefer seats higher up at our place, FWIW.
nacluth
Ok, the mini plan makes a little more sense, but they had to jack up prices and make the "GA" seats into top reserve seats to make it a deal. Still seems like the mini plan is a random game selection but I hope it works out. Makes season tickets an extremely good deal if you come to more than a few games. I bet season ticket prices have to double next year. Or they could just try to fill it at the same prices.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Ok, the mini plan makes a little more sense, but they had to jack up prices and make the "GA" seats into top reserve seats to make it a deal. Still seems like the mini plan is a random game selection but I hope it works out. Makes season tickets an extremely good deal if you come to more than a few games. I bet season ticket prices have to double next year. Or they could just try to fill it at the same prices.

I'm on team fill it up before we raise prices. Sure, 10 or 20 grand more for certain nights is nice, but have a full, rocking stadium outweighs that.
SFA Jack Fanatic
St. Edwards beat UTSA tonight 77-74. We play St. Ed's on November 25 (a Sunday afternoon game). That game won't be easy.
No-look
edstile said:

St. Edwards beat UTSA tonight 77-74. We play St. Ed's on November 25 (a Sunday afternoon game). That game won't be easy.
We better not sleep on St. Ed. They must be a lot better this year.
sfa17
Or UTSA is just awful
Jacks4460
Best way is to just join the Varsity club.. Not only do you get tickets you get some other cool perks depending on what level you donate at...
BigJack85
UTSA was picked at the top of Conference USA. 5th I believe. They aren't bad. St Ed's is good. We better be on the mark. This ain't an NAIA squad.
Pilotgirl
edstile said:

Score was 77 to 76
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl said:

edstile said:

Score was 77 to 76

They made 12 three pointers...
TallTexan
A good reminder.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.