2018-2019 Basketball Season

298,603 Views | 1139 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PurpleOut
beaubrad46
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There are no good big men left. Any big man that they would find would be a project player. A big guard is our best bet. Honestly I think that we have reached the point where we should just take the best available overall player that we can get. If we get an "eligible immediately" senior we can still use that scholarship on a 2019 recruit.
PurpleOut
Staff
TallTexan
I'm ready for basketball season.
beaubrad46

beaubrad46
beaubrad46
Me too but, I have searched that entire 600 person transfer list and I cannot find one big man that I like. On the other hand I found many eligible immediately guards still available. I also can't find any high school senior big men left or J.C. big men left that I think could help us. No I certainly could have missed some but I check those lists many times daily. We already have one project ;layer that is redshirted and I don't mean that to sound like the coaches didn't know what they were doing when the signed the transfer from Idaho. I think that our coaches know what they are doing.
SFASawmillGuy
I think everyone is forgetting our ace in the hole. A 7 foot tall serbian who hasn't even begun to peak. But this season...This season is the year of the Gru.
SFASawmillGuy
I feel like a link would have been better. This thread is now basically unreadable.
beaubrad46
I'm trying to delete it. I agree SFA 03 on Grujic and the link comment. I need aid from a staff member to help me delete that list. Help!
SFA Jack Fanatic
beaubrad46 said:

I'm trying to delete it. I agree SFA 03 on Grujic and the link comment. I need aid from a staff member to help me delete that list. Help!
Just click on the " at the bottom of your post, then highlight everything, then hit Delete.
TallTexan
SFA_03 said:

I think everyone is forgetting our ace in the hole. A 7 foot tall serbian who hasn't even begun to peak. But this season...This season is the year of the Gru.

I bet he's been watching KD and taking notes. Just wait till he starts draining those 30 footers next season.
PurpleOut
Staff
beaubrad46
Will he have an Irish accent when he returns? Probably not since he will probably do most of the talking.
MasterAxe
Off topic:

Just saw a post from UIW twitter that former basketball player Simi Socks passed away.

Not many details after that.

I hate hearing that.
nacluth
There's a thread on Simi over in the Southland sub forum - but there's not much about what happened. Just a terribly sad situation.
beaubrad46
Very sad news. I also just heard that Anthony Bourdain was found dead this morning after taking his own life. Tragic.
TallTexan
beaubrad46 said:

Very sad news. I also just heard that Anthony Bourdain was found dead this morning after taking his own life. Tragic.

Been a terrible week for these kinds of things. I've always enjoyed watching Bourdain but didn't realize how many people loved him until all the tributes started going out. Everyone had a favorite story.
PurpleOut
Staff
To turn this thread back to a more joyful topic, we're going to have a new ticketing system next year. Hoops season tickets will go on sale next week so more info will probably go out then, but one huge piece is that season ticket holders will now be able to digitally transfer their tickets to someone for games they can't attend.
nacluth
Nice! I will happily extend my digital information to people who can't make their games.
beaubrad46
I will pass that along. We need to keep those seats filled.
SFAELITE
Any idea who the power five team we will be playing next year? I heard its a team that we didn't play last year and in the SEC.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAELITE said:

Any idea who the power five team we will be playing next year? I heard its a team that we didn't play last year and in the SEC.
SFA_03 knows, but he ain't tellin'. We've tried to bribe him without success.
No-look
Got be A&M. Driving distance???!
beaubrad46
It also could be Texas Tech.
nacluth
Let's get that Missouri rematch in our house.
beaubrad46
Is that a hint on who it will be?
nacluth
I have no idea
PurpleOut
Staff
Yes.
beaubrad46
Are you saying that it is a hint PurpleOut?
SFA Jack Fanatic
I'm still guessing Sooey Pigs.
PurpleOut
Staff
beaubrad46 said:

Are you saying that it is a hint PurpleOut?
No.
TallTexan
I'm thoroughly confused after all these hints and non hints. I think it's a team looking for a challenge. Hello Kentucky!

No-look
Isn't it time for some kind of an update? Is the season still on for next year? Lol. If it wasn't for Jock Hughes posting a few dunks I would be flatlined.
beaubrad46
Coaches are working late tonight at their offices in the coliseum. I went down University Drive on my way home from the Cotton Patch. It's got me wondering about what is in the works.
cboothe09
Season tickets go on sale next week.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.