2018-2019 Basketball Season

298,514 Views | 1139 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PurpleOut
CertifiedAxeman98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My idea of soon and their idea of soon are clearly not the same. Hope to see the the rest of the schedule today.
PurpleOut
Staff
No-look said:

When does official practice start?
nacluth
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

My idea of soon and their idea of soon are clearly not the same. Hope to see the the rest of the schedule today.
My thoughts exactly. Refresh. Refresh.
No-look
Just watched the replay of SFA / Notre Dame on YouTube. We really should have won that one.
SFASawmillGuy
No-look said:

Just watched the replay of SFA / Notre Dame on YouTube. We really should have won that one.

We should have. We won all of that game but the final minute.
SFAJack_76
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

Perhaps the definition they are using?

soon

When we feel like it.

We will have more information-soon

by Turbine Entertainment March 30, 2005

With Oregon releasing this afternoon, 317 of 353 D1 programs have released their non-conference schedules.
TallTexan
No-look said:

Glutton for punishment.
nacluth
Perhaps we need to retweet their announcement back to them. Could be an honest mistake and someone just forgot to post the schedule.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
No-look
nacluth said:

Perhaps we need to retweet their announcement back to them. Could be an honest mistake and someone just forgot to post the schedule.
It will be announced at the same time Pope commits. Which will be "soon". Right? Lol
No-look
TallTexan said:

No-look said:

Glutton for punishment.
Na. I just cut it off at the two second spot.
SFAJack_76
No-look said:

nacluth said:

It will be announced at the same time Pope commits. Which will be "soon". Right? Lol
From someone that knows, the Ladyjack schedule is set. The Lumberjack schedule still has a gap but it is close. A couple of D1 schools backing out of games, as has been mentioned, set us back. D1 teams don't want to play SFA. D1 teams really don't want to play SFA at home. The hope is that the changes being made by the selection committee will help us and others in our situation going forward.

PurpleOut
Staff
Don't think they've shared it yet (so I haven't mentioned it on social media), but Jack Madness is set for Friday the 26th (Homecoming weekend) at 8:00.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Don't think they've shared it yet (so I haven't mentioned it on social media), but Jack Madness is set for Friday the 26th (Homecoming weekend) at 8:00.
Awesome.
nacluth
I'm sure they are going to announce it - soon.
SFAJack_76
I found this on the Alumni Association web site.

Jack Madness
8 PM
William R. Johnson Coliseum

Get your first look at the SFA men and women basketball teams. They will host a small scrimmage, dunk contest, and give away lots of prizes!

Torchlight Parade and Bonfire

Torchlight Parade: 9 PM, SFA Ag Pond
Bonfire: 9 PM @ the Intramural Fields

Also, soccer hosts Sam at 6:00 in the last regular season match.
Ballwatch
Little reference to Ryan Ivey and football program at Austin Peay

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/12-year-old-meet-countrys-unconventional-young-coach-212251713.html
PurpleOut
Staff
Looks like they've started practice again with a boot camp.

tangerito
I guess they could not consider our schedule since its not out yet.....
https://www.midmajormadness.com/2018/9/25/17486686/ranking-the-top-10-mid-major-non-conference-schedules-nevada-vcu-northeastern-lipscomb-montana
nacluth
Soon though...

Edit: Just checked and the full schedule was out last year on August 23. Just 1 month, 3 days later and counting...
BigJack85
A bit ridiculous. Could put out a tentative schedule. Fill in the final blanks later.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
CertifiedAxeman98
Last I checked we are 1 of 29 D1 teams that still have not released a schedule. 324 other teams have already released their schedule. Not sure why the Belfast games are not on the schedule when those are known even the times are known. If you think you may not play the DII games and play someone else I can see not putting those out there but if you already have hard commitments then go ahead and put those out there like they quietly put LA Tech out there.

Last year they had 13 non-conference games assuming a similar number they have 5 on the schedule 2 - DII games that I know of and 2 Belfast games for a total of 9 that I count. So we are waiting for 3 or 4 more games? And I think most of the SL have posted so we know a lot of the conference games. I like how some conferences release their conference games all at one time and then the schools release their non-conference schedules when they have them ready to release, I wish the SL would adopt that approach.

Last week they posted that they were releasing the schedule "soon". They should have waited on that tweet it has now been a week since that was posted. It is like that coming soon sign for a new restaurant that starts to fade because it is has been sitting in the sun so long.
PurpleOut
Staff
Eh, maybe I'm in the minority, but it doesn't bother me really. Practice has started and that's all that matters to me.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

Eh, maybe I'm in the minority, but it doesn't bother me really. Practice has started and that's all that matters to me.
I want to get the games on my calendar. I traveled for work the last four years so now that I can schedule my time, I want to avoid being out of town (Lufkin)when Lumberjacks or Ladyjacks are at home. Silly, I suppose.

Since practice has started, one of you insiders tell us if Comeaux is practicing.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

It doesn't bother me that it's not out, but I might be able to get a list of the known games together for anyone that is scheduling their trips to Nac.
sfa17
Yeah, all games that we should care about have probably all been released. Letting left but D2 and NAIA games
TallTexan
Ok so here's what we've got so far, courtesy of D1 Docket.

• 11/13 at Miami
  • 11/20 Marist
  • 11/30 San Francisco(Belfast Classic)
  • 12/1 Buffalo or Milwaukee (Belfast)
  • 12/7 Louisiana Tech (Home I believe)
  • 12/18 at Baylor
  • 12/30 Alabama
  • 1/12 Northwestern State
  • 1/16 at New Orleans
  • 1/19 at UIW
  • 1/30 Central Arkansas
  • 2/2 at Sam Houston (2nd annual Cram our other Coliseum)
  • 2/6 at Houston Baptist
  • 2/9 Lamar
  • 2/13 McNeese
  • 2/16 at Northwestern
  • 2/20 Corpus
  • 2/23 Incarnate Word
  • 2/27 at Central Arkansas
  • 3/2 at Lamar
  • 3/9 Sam Houston State

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uRiv3YDq67asL1C-SW0zxzZEKwi8Tkl6J2bHGK0hcZ4/edit#gid=495221456

That's 21 total games & 14 conference games. I believe we typically play 18 conference games, which leaves 4 unannounced.

Hope that helps anyone who's planning their winter trips to Nac.
nacluth
So it looks like we're missing Nicholls, SELA, ACU, 3 non D1 schools and maybe one more noncon D1.
nacluth
Just looking, it looks like realistically our worst case scenario is 6-6 heading into conference play with 10-2 being outrageously good. This fall is going to be awesome.
SFASawmillGuy
nacluth said:

Just looking, it looks like realistically our worst case scenario is 6-6 heading into conference play with 10-2 being outrageously good. This fall is going to be awesome.

Why not 12-0 and be ranked in the top 25
nacluth
If we go 12-0, then we better be top 25. My wife hopes we don't because then the purple confetti and glitter would never come out of our couches and clothes.
CertifiedAxeman98
I hope we are 10-2 or better by the time conference play starts. Only top 25 if we go undefeated or loose one of the tough road games in a close game. I expect that if we are 9-3 or 10-2 we may have a few votes.

A few other games:

11/25 St. Edward's
12/21 Arlington Baptist
1/23 ACU
3/5 at ACU

nacluth
This means yet again we play UNO, SELA, McNeese, and Nicholls once. They have to love that schedule. Some schools are wondering how bad they have to be to not play us twice.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

This means yet again we play UNO, SELA, McNeese, and Nicholls once. They have to love that schedule. Some schools are wondering how bad they have to be to not play us twice.

Our conference is so awesomely bad at scheduling they should get an award for it.
nacluth
I get it that they are trying to be geographically considerate to the students for long trips. But, you have to play 6 teams twice. There should be a formula that says top 4 teams the previous year have to play each other, bottom 4 teams play each other...and then geography. Nicholls and SELA (1&2) should not get to avoid the top teams from distance just like the bottom teams shouldn't have to play us twice.

Edit: Last year ACU, McNeese, and Corpus all tied for last playoff spot. Corpus got in on tiebreakers. ACU was the only team that had to play us twice. Makes those Wildcats wonder how "geography" screwed them. (Now they're googling distance between Nac and Lake Charles...)
SFAJack_76
Alright, alright, alright.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.