2018-2019 Basketball Season

298,680 Views | 1139 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PurpleOut
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
edstile said:

I haven't heard what Comeaux's surgery was for. Anyone know?
And, how is the young man doing?
PurpleOut
Staff
We're playing at Baylor again. December 18th.
nacluth
Nice! Big 12 before Christmas, SEC after...both in driving range.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

I'm excited. Baylor & Bama. I can't wait to see the rest of our schedule. We're putting together a good one this year which will hopefully be rewarded in March.

I assume the Baylor game is a one off? Not the start of a home & home?
PurpleOut
Staff
TallTexan said:

PurpleOut said:

I'm excited. Baylor & Bama. I can't wait to see the rest of our schedule. We're putting together a good one this year which will hopefully be rewarded in March.

Yeah probably, like always with them. I'm sure I'll drive down, but I have a real issue with BU hoops fans. They're absolutely terrible.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

TallTexan said:

PurpleOut said:

Yeah probably, like always with them. I'm sure I'll drive down, but I have a real issue with BU hoops fans. They're absolutely terrible.
Agreed. I'm not much of a fan of a lot of Baylor "sports fans".

I should be in Texas around that time of year, I'll have to try to catch that game. I'd love to see us beat Baylor.
Ballwatch
Awesome!! Def help our SOS!

They struggled in a very tough conference last year.

2017-18

Conf. Overall
Baylor 8-10 .444 19-15 .559
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

Tuesday, Christmas break game. Great opportunity for a heavy dose of purple in the stands. Announced attendance for a similarly scheduled game last year against Southern was 5,877.
cboothe09
They are expected to be much better this year. A dark horse team in the Big XII
TallTexan
cboothe09 said:

Once we beat them, I hope they go out & win the Big 12. Ok, well I hope they get second. I need Texas to show up sometime this decade in Basketball.
SFAJack_76
Curious why the 2018-19 roster has not been posted. Ladyjack roster is up to date.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

cboothe09 said:

Once we beat them, I hope they go out & win the Big 12. Ok, well I hope they get second. I need Texas to show up sometime this decade in Basketball.
I am right there with you on UT, but can't bring myself to pull for BU. They have not, in my opinion , paid enough penance for their sins.
beaubrad46
I agree. They should have gotten the death penalty. Especially considering that they represent Southern Evangelism or some would say Trumpvangellicals. They now represent hypocrisy. Don't forget the Dave Bliss folly as well. I pull against them every time they play anyone in anything.
Lawsuit pending PurpleOut.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

TallTexan said:

cboothe09 said:

I am right there with you on UT, but can't bring myself to pull for BU. They have not, in my opinion , paid enough penance for their sins.
Touche. I do tend to have a never cheer for Baylor mantra, but was considering an exception for the benefit of SFA. I'll just pull for Alabama to win the SEC then.
cboothe09
Ranking the teams so far:
1. Buffalo
2. Alabama
3. Baylor
4. Louisiana Tech
5. San Francisco
6. North Dakota State
7. Milwaukee
PurpleOut
Staff
Oh, meant to also mention that we found out NDSU was NOT a home and home deal. So we won't be playing them this year. I could have sworn there was an actual press release last year about it being a home and home, but I guess I was wrong. Probably good anyway, would suck for travel purposes.
PurpleOut
Staff
SFASawmillGuy
Very good matchup against Baylor. I feel more confident about it this year than I did a couple of years ago to. I think we're more suited to play against big boys now.
beaubrad46
I don't care if they don't win one single game. I'm not going to pull for them against anyone. We'll have to get our power rating some other way as far as I am concerned. Let's just go undefeated into the NCAA.
SFA Jack Fanatic
beaubrad46 said:

Especially considering that they represent Southern Evangelism or some would say Trumpvangellicals.
Unnecessary political insult. Keep politics out of here. As a Christian and a Southern Baptist, what Baylor's athletes and athletic department does or has done does NOT represent me.
beaubrad46
They are a Baptist school funded by Baptist evangelicals. They represent the Baptist church. A christian supported school who harbors athletes who are rapist. You can call it politics if you want. I call it factual. Either way it's outright misogynistic and they lied to cover for those who were coaching those athletes who knew that they were doing it. Any Southern Baptist who contributes to the church contributes to Baylor University.Why does that insult you? You will hear no positives from me regarding Baylor athletics with the exception of their women's athletics who have female coaches. I like their women's basketball team although I find it hard to pull for them because they represent Baylor University. The mere mention of Baylor's mens athletics infuriates me. I have a daughter. I'm a father and I think what happened was despicable. I once had a girlfriend that went to school there years ago and she told me then how bad women were treated there. It's been going on there for at least a century and it has hardly made any progress in social justice. Baylor University was also very involved in trying to prevent desegregation and misused Evangelism in the sixties and the seventies to push their arguments while still refusing to disavow the KKK today. They did not want to allow women students also for eons. Baylor is still a relic of the Jim Crow era. Yes they are glad to try to recruit the best black athletes that they can but they would just as soon not have anymore blacks go to school there. It is very hard to get into school there if you are black. Now having said all of that I'm also not a Southern Methodist or TCU fan although they are not nearly as socially injust as Baylor is. I'm not thrilled that we are playing them. By the way I am a Christian. Hows that? Said and done. I was raised a southern Baptist myself and left the church years ago.
SFASawmillGuy
So anyway how about them basketball teams throwing that round ball through that hoop!
beaubrad46
So has anyone heard anything about John Comeaux's surgery? How about you Edstile?
SFA Jack Fanatic
beaubrad46 said:

So has anyone heard anything about John Comeaux's surgery? How about you Edstile?
No.
sfa17
Buffalo, Bama and Baylor could all be potential top 150 teams. And hopefully San Francisco stays competitive in the WCC. I wonder which p5 school we will beat this season

Even though it's always an away game and we get destroyed every time.I have to give credit to Baylor for always scheduling us. Since we usually even have trouble getting away games sometimes. 3 Baylor meeting in like 5 years ... maybe one day we can return the favor
nacluth
Yeah, one P5/6 win last year. Can we have two regular season ones this year?
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
tangerito
Yes, Prop's to Baylor for continuing to schedule us. I know for a fact we were very close to scheduling a very high mid major and they backed out.
sfa17
nacluth said:

Yeah, one P5/6 win last year. Can we have two regular season ones this year?
Fingers crossed.
TallTexan
tangerito said:

Yes, Prop's to Baylor for continuing to schedule us. I know for a fact we were very close to scheduling a very high mid major and they backed out.
Bummer. I'd love to see some more mid major powers on our schedule.
Pilotgirl
Mixed emotions about the Baylor game....for obvious reasons (read my name here...). Want to go support our team but don't want to step foot on that campus. My daughter went in 2015 when it was a beating ...she wants to go to get revenge lolz!
beaubrad46
Baylor is the worst possible opponent that we could play. There is no way that we will be given anything close to a fair shake. They will attack us physically every way they can and get away with it. If we try to respond with physicality they will call a million fouls on us. Baylor will own the refs with their home cooking. That game may last three hours and we will be lucky to be able to have five players on the court at the end of the game. I hope that I have to eat these word but I very seriously doubt it. I don't think that we will improve our power ratings by playing Baylor. They also treat visiting fans like hell. Been there. They make it very clear that visitors are not welcome. The last time we played them there I swore that I would never go back to that horrible place and hoped that we would never play them again on their court. I would love to catch them away from home in the NCAA tourney and beat them though. Danny Kaspar did beat them there right after Dave Bliss almost caused them to get the death penalty. At that point and time they were walking a fine line.
Pilotgirl
How do they treat visitors? I will have to ask the girl about her experience....I mean we are giving them $$$$ tickets, food, etc.
Jacks4460
beaubrad46 we just need to go in there and beat the S^&* out of Baylor.. You really hate those folks in Waco..
beaubrad46
I don't hate anyone. I hate their actions. What I can't stand is their white Christian crusader superiority complexes. Evangelical arrogance is disgusting to me. I've probably said more than I should but Baylor has never been anything but a horrible experience for me and most of the people that I know that have been there.
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

How do they treat visitors? I will have to ask the girl about her experience....I mean we are giving them $$$$ tickets, food, etc.
We didn't have any issues last time we were there for the SFA Baylor game. Then again, we were getting our butts kicked, so...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.