2018-2019 Basketball Season

298,675 Views | 1139 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PurpleOut
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TallTexan said:

PurpleOut said:

Will probably be Dartmouth. I think they are the only other school (other than us) to not release their schedule. LIU Brooklyn is traveling to San Francisco and Milwaukee.
They may not be brand name basketball programs, but they're brand name schools.

And if Dartmouth & Marist can find Nacogdoches, certainly our other Texas schools can figure out where it's at.

As I recall, I believe you have some connection with that little college in Austin, right, Texan? Are they not as intelligent as folks from Dartmouth and therefore unable to find Nac on a map? Or is there a more sinister reason why they do not want to play our Jacks in Nac, or anywhere, for that matter?
SFASawmillGuy
PurpleOut said:

No mercy. We need to beat them by a minumum of 60 points. It's the only way they'll learn what they did what was wrong.
SFAJack_76
So now we have dates for UIW (2), Marist, BU, Alabama, and in Belfast (2). All except Alabama have been learned from opponents or the tournament and the only two games posted on the SFA schedule are Alabama and BU. Dribs and drabs from other than SFA sources.

Why do you suppose this is?

BTW, I don't know of any Ladyjack games schedule yet.

Sorry. Frustrated.
TallTexan
edstile said:

TallTexan said:

PurpleOut said:

Will probably be Dartmouth. I think they are the only other school (other than us) to not release their schedule. LIU Brooklyn is traveling to San Francisco and Milwaukee.
They may not be brand name basketball programs, but they're brand name schools.

And if Dartmouth & Marist can find Nacogdoches, certainly our other Texas schools can figure out where it's at.

As I recall, I believe you have some connection with that little college in Austin, right, Texan? Are they not as intelligent as folks from Dartmouth and therefore unable to find Nac on a map? Or is there a more sinister reason why they do not want to play our Jacks in Nac, or anywhere, for that matter?

Having a degree from there and having lived in ATX for 4 years, I've learned that it's because they think the world stops at the city limits. I suspect Houston and Dallas suffer from a similar issue.

Also, I think Shaka is still having flashbacks from that game.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

So now we have dates for UIW (2), Marist, BU, Alabama, and in Belfast (2). All except Alabama have been learned from opponents or the tournament and the only two games posted on the SFA schedule are Alabama and BU. Dribs and drabs from other than SFA sources.

Sorry. Frustrated.

The two head coaches are just playing with our emotions, 76.
PurpleOut
Staff
SFAJack_76 said:

Sorry. Frustrated.

I understand the frustration, but I think it's more just a perception. It's not just SFA, 188 schools have yet to release their schedule. We're still three months away from the season starting. Still a lot being worked on behind the scenes for everyone.

The positive is that it just makes us all just that more excited for the season. The anticipation for the schedule is great, and definitely better than the alternative. Going to be a fun season.
TallTexan
Yep. And I'd guess that in some cases, we wouldn't release ours if waiting for a big opponent to announce a specific game, like Baylor did.

And in a week or two football will provide a mild distraction.
PurpleForever
Our team is so different from November to March that I've stopped stressing about our schedule. It would be nice to get some strong non conference opponents but it just hasn't been very plausible.
SFAJack_76
With SIU-Edwardsville releasing their non-conference schedule today, 167 D1 schools have announced at least non-conference. About nine released yesterday so the pace is picking up.
TallTexan
Any updates on Comeaux?

This doesn't look good.

SFASawmillGuy
TallTexan said:

Any updates on Comeaux?

This doesn't look good.

Maybe he just got informed by Kyle that he had to drop underwater basket weaving because basketball was going to get in the way.
nacluth
No.
BigJack85
Do we need another guard?
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
No-look
I saw Johns tweet. Was hoping he wasn't talking about himself.
Pilotgirl
I saw this yesterday and just was sick to my stomach if it means what we are reading into it as....And for HIM because he loves it so much. Yes, for the team but I just really feel for the guy....tryna make it from Beaumont and all ...I just want everything to be ok for him.
No-look
Pilotgirl said:

I saw this yesterday and just was sick to my stomach if it means what we are reading into it as....And for HIM because he loves it so much. Yes, for the team but I just really feel for the guy....tryna make it from Beaumont and all ...I just want everything to be ok for him.
Never meet him but you can just tell that he is a great guy. Wish him the very best. Hopefully he can play this year.
TallTexan
SFA_03 said:

TallTexan said:

Any updates on Comeaux?

This doesn't look good.

Maybe he just got informed by Kyle that he had to drop underwater basket weaving because basketball was going to get in the way.

I heard he was quite the weaver. Dude has talent.
TallTexan
John is hands down my wife's favorite player. She'll be completely disappointed if he can't play.

I hope this doesn't mean what we all think.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Yeah. Sounds like he's done on the hardwood. Hope I'm wrong.
SFAJack_76
Personally, I think we should leave Comeaux alone. If there is anything to it, we will know when he and coach deems it is appropriate for us to know.
TallTexan
True Beaubrad, I just hope we get a report soon. I love watching Comeaux play.
Pilotgirl
I have not, nor will I , interact with him on twitter about this situation. Like I said before it is his business. I have liked some posts here and there, but that is it.

Yes, an updated roster list would sure help.
tangerito
It was my understanding that Mack wanted to redshirt so he would not loose a year when he transferred out. He was leaving either way.
SfaTke596
I hope we are wrong about John- the guy leaves it all on the floor every game.
Let them come out with the news whenever they feels it's appropriate. This matter is so personal that we should respect their privacy for a few weeks- if it is what we think it is.
Cam can play! He is probably going to end up with a team on the PAC 12. The kid has some serious growing up to do. I think he would have caused more damage than good,when it comes to team chemistry, if we would have kept him.
I personally love that SFA recruits high character guys- I don't think Cam was in that group.
Ljacks&Longnecks
I think the fact that C Mack has already left a second school without ever playing a game says it all. The implication that Keller made some kind of mistake or error by not redshirting him is pure hogwash.
The right move was made in this case.
SFA Jack Fanatic
We sliced and diced all of this Mack crapola a year ago. He's long gone. Move on.....
Ljacks&Longnecks
It was reported right here on this board that Mack left Hutcheson Jr College in Kansas. He is now at his 3rd school. No one here ever mentioned anything about Trinity.
Of course you are welcome to try and blame the coaching staff for whatever things you don't like or whatever chip is on your shoulder you have that right...don't expect to draw a big following in that regard.

SFA Jack Fanatic
Meanwhile, back at the ranch... How 'bout them 2018-2019 Jacks!!!
Ballwatch
Can I get a thumbs up if you ready for some SFA basketball!
No-look
Ballwatch said:

Has it been too long or what? Ready to see the new guys and the regulars! Who will get Southland POY? Holyfield, Bogues or Kevon?
nacluth
No-look said:

Has it been too long or what? Ready to see the new guys and the regulars! Who will get Southland POY? Holyfield, Bogues or Kevon?

Kevon POY, Bogues All-First team SLC and Jacks scoring leader, Holyfield First Team Defense
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
No-look
Just as long as Veal comes in fourth. Lol
Ballwatch
No-look said:

Ballwatch said:

Been way too long!! It's too tough to pick between those three! I'd like to see Holyfield go out as POY, but with the kind of talent coming back with Bogues and Harris, you never know! Excited to see what the guys can do
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

Ballwatch said:

Ever since the end of his freshman year and his play in the Big Dance in NYC, I've been saying that TJ would get POY before he graduated. Time is running short on my prediction. I'm tempted to jump ship and go with Shannon, but I won't. It'll be TJ all the way. (I think... unless it's Shannon... or maybe Kevon...)
Ballwatch
I know this has been asked but let me ask again, any idea when the schedule will be released?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.