2018-2019 Basketball Season

298,530 Views | 1139 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PurpleOut
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TJ and Sammy are both injured, and we're waiting for some official statements about their future availability. Mitch didn't play, but chances are we will need him down the stretch.
BigJack85
It would be nice to hear if this is a one - two week deal or out for the season.....
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFA Jack Fanatic
This fellow picks SFA as #93 in the country. But that was before... well... you know....

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-rankings-1-353-from-kansas-to-no-353-and-an-interesting-fact-on-every-team/
SFAJack_76
Short, but still gave me chills. Can't wait to support those that can lace them up!

nacluth
Let's do this!
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFA Jack Fanatic
I'm starting to recover from my daze... Think about it, guys. The Jacks had several walking (and non-walking) wounded and were still able to go toe-to-toe with the Big 12 Aggies in the scrimmage yesterday. We still have a very good team and a very good season to look forward to! Axe 'em!
BigJack85
I think our starting five (probably 1. Augustin 2. Walton 3. Harris 4. Bain 5. Fitzgerald) is going to be one of the best in the conference. I'm just stunned about TJ...........
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
No-look
edstile said:

I'm starting to recover from my daze... Think about it, guys. The Jacks had several walking (and non-walking) wounded and were still able to go toe-to-toe with the Big 12 Aggies in the scrimmage yesterday. We still have a very good team and a very good season to look forward to! Axe 'em!
Thanks ed for the words of encouragement. Was gonna slit my wrists last night but my wife hid the kitchen knives. I'm starting to recover. The glass looks half full now.
sfa17
i never really expected us to win at miami and most of the games are winnable until Nov 30. That is another month for recovery for our players.
SFA Jack Fanatic
BigJack85 said:

I think our starting five (probably 1. Augustin 2. Walton 3. Harris 4. Bain 5. Fitzgerald) is going to be one of the best in the conference. I'm just stunned about TJ...........
No Bogues???
jboy93
Ok. I am getting sick with the vagueness of TJ and Shannon's injuries. Are they both out? If so, how long? Cause it sounds as if it is serious! Say it ain't soooooo!
No-look
jboy93 said:

Ok. I am getting sick with the vagueness of TJ and Shannon's injuries. Are they both out? If so, how long? Cause it sounds as if it is serious! Say it ain't soooooo!
Shannon is not injured I believe.
cboothe09
I get the sneaking suspicion that the new news about TJ and any update on John is probably found in the Premium section...Noticed a little more activity in there as of late..
PurpleOut
Staff
ULM picked 4th in the Sun Belt, should be a tough game.
SFASawmillGuy
PurpleOut said:

We shouldn't call the 4th place team in the sunbelt a tough game and then say we can do anything against Alabama, Baylor, or Miami.
Pilotgirl
PurpleOut said:

I'm planning on going to that game... hope some others can join!
No-look
PurpleOut said:

Shouldn't. But didn't we beat them at the buzzer last year at home?
djsfw57
Call me crazy, but I DO expect us to beat Miami. And Baylor. And Alabama.
nacluth
I think Miami is going to be the toughest ask right now with the game coming so quick, but if we win that, then I will expect great things for the other two.
sfa17
I personally cant see us challenging Miami on the road with what is rumored to be the available roster. But I would love to be wrong. Even at full strength it would be hard
nacluth
Time to get pumped!!!!

Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
nacluth
Going to see a lot of this tonight!

Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
Txjack
nacluth said:

Going to see a lot of this tonight!

I could watch this all day...check out Kevon's authority slam at :20 complete with forearm to the face...
PurpleOut
Staff
Can't wait for tonight!
sfa17
How was jack madness ? The crowd? Players? What's the scoop?
SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

How was jack madness ? The crowd? Players? What's the scoop?
Some discussion in the Premium Forum. Come join.
SFAXE93

For even more slow mo noise, play it simultaneously with this clip.

nacluth
Here's my homemade video of the dunk contest.

Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
tangerito
Looks like the Jesse McCarthy concert hurt attendance this year.
nacluth
I'd say between 1500 and 2000 were there. They made everyone sit on one side. My video pointed to the empty side, but there were a decent amount of people.
SFAJack_76
The concert should have had no impact on attendance since the bonfire was to start over an hour after this finished with the concert to follow that.

Talking to someone we know on the way out commented that the Midnight Madness events were much better attended and had more going on. I wonder if squeezing an hour in between soccer and bonfire was too much? We left soccer early to get to WRJ.
Pilotgirl
tangerito said:

My daughter went to both so meh. I would've been there but had to go to a conference in Dallas.
Jacks4460
SFAJack_76 said:

The concert should have had no impact on attendance since the bonfire was to start over an hour after this finished with the concert to follow that.

Talking to someone we know on the way out commented that the Midnight Madness events were much better attended and had more going on. I wonder if squeezing an hour in between soccer and bonfire was too much? We left soccer early to get to WRJ.
with having it on Friday night you are competing with East Texas HS Football.. I am sure that got some people including me... Should be done on a Thursday night or Saturday night like after the football game..
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl said:

tangerito said:

My daughter went to both so meh. I would've been there but had to go to a conference in Dallas.

However, she did say that is was not as "hype" as in years past as was "kinda whack"
cboothe09
Do concert after the game and let students on the field. Crowd looks better that way...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.