2018-2019 Basketball Season

295,735 Views | 1139 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PurpleOut
RedRiverLa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
4 year season ticket holder - section 107 T 13 & 14. Bama going down - just like LSU, Tech, ULM, and so many others.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
SFA Jack Fanatic
This writer picks Buffalo to easily win the MAC (no surprise there, really). We'll probably play them in Ireland.

TallTexan
Hope so, it'd be a good early challenge and a good RPI boost.
SFAJack_76
Okay. About 100 days before the start of the season. Assuming 13 non-conference games, any shareable insight on the ten we do not know about? How many unfilled games? Money game or games scheduled?
PurpleOut
Staff
The only thing everyone publicly knows is 2 games in Ireland against San Francisco and then either Buffalo or Milwaukee, then LaTech at home, North Dakota State on the road, and then Bama at home. I believe we are getting a home game that ties to the Belfast Classic.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

The only thing everyone publicly knows is 2 games in Ireland against San Francisco and then either Buffalo or Milwaukee, then LaTech at home, North Dakota State on the road, and then Bama at home. I believe we are getting a home game that ties to the Belfast Classic.
That's the beginnings of a good non-conference schedule.

I'll be interested to see who we add.
cboothe09
PurpleOut said:

I was assuming San Francisco was at home, and then we play Buffalo/Milwaukee in a semifinal matchup in Belfast.
PurpleOut
Staff
cboothe09 said:

PurpleOut said:

I was assuming San Francisco was at home, and then we play Buffalo/Milwaukee in a semifinal matchup in Belfast.
We wont be playing the other half of the bracket, from what I've seen (unless one of those are an extra home game). We play San Francisco on the 30th, then Buffalo/Milwaukee plays after us. Saturday the winners/losers from those games play. Not sure how accurate these times are, but this is what is posted:

Thursday November 29th
Game #1 - Marist vs. Dartmouth 4:30 pm
Game #2 - LIU vs. Albany 7.00pm
Friday November 30th
Game #1 - San Francisco vs. Stephen F. Austin 10:30 am
Game #2 - Milwaukee vs. Buffalo 1:00 pm
Game #3 - Consolation Game 5.00 pm
Game #4 - Championship Game 7:30 pm
Saturday, December 1st
Game #1 - Consolation Game 1.00 pm
Game #2 - Championship Game 3:30 pm

cboothe09
aaaannnddd after looking at the San Francisco website, we play the Dons on Friday, November 30 in Belfast. I also noticed that San Francisco has home games against LIU Brooklyn and Dartmouth, both teams that are included in the Belfast Classic field...

Also, went through NDSU schedule and we are not on there right now...
PurpleOut
Staff
cboothe09 said:

aaaannnddd after looking at the San Francisco website, we play the Dons on Friday, November 30 in Belfast. I also noticed that San Francisco has home games against LIU Brooklyn and Dartmouth, both teams that are included in the Belfast Classic field...

Also, went through NDSU schedule and we are not on there right now...
Yeah they have it labeled as a tentative schedule right now. But we had a home-and-home, so probably more on us to finalize dates.
cboothe09
Not a lot of open dates left in their schedule. I think it will be a November game. Like when NDSU gets back from the Caribbean
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

cboothe09 said:

PurpleOut said:

Not sure how accurate these times are, but this is what is posted:

Thursday November 29th
Friday November 30th
Saturday, December 1st

So, SFA's first game will be at 4:30 a.m. our time... Yawn..........
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl
edstile said:

PurpleOut said:

cboothe09 said:

PurpleOut said:

Not sure how accurate these times are, but this is what is posted:

Thursday November 29th
Friday November 30th
Saturday, December 1st

So, SFA's first game will be at 4:30 a.m. our time... Yawn..........

MUST DRINK ALL THE COFFEE
PurpleOut
Staff
SFAJack_76 said:

Coach Mason coming on in a few.
nacluth
Did you catch it and could you share the highlights?
Txjack
Good to hear from Coach Mason; although the two host tended to talk to each other more than to Coach at one point, but enjoyed it. Glad to hear any exposure for SFA BB, esp. in Houston because we don't get much, if at all on the local (media) market.
Txjack
nacluth said:

Did you catch it and could you share the highlights?
I listened the best I could while at work, but they did discuss the game w/Alabama. Coach was asked what it was like to be at a school that expects to win...he basically said he knew what he was getting into and they discussed some of our accomplishments. Mason discussed our defensive mind set...how we lead so many defensive categories without utilizing a press. How we don't have a moniker like "press Virginia"; we just play hard. My favorite quote from Mason was that when you come to play for SFA, we (coaches) are not trying to be your friend, or coddle you, we are going to coach you up. I had to take a couple of calls at one point, but in the background I could hear the two host talk about the recent NCAA violations and some of the changes coming to recruiting...it sounded like they forgot Manson was there briefly. I did not get to hear the end of the show very well....
PurpleOut
Staff
Yeah their show is tough to listen to sometimes, they're pretty crazy and just go off on tangents mid subject, don't really listen, etc. Coach Cox was on their show last summer.

There wasn't a ton of SFA talk, or at least as much as I was hoping. But Coach Mason tells it how it is. Good, bad, whatever. He spent some time talking about growing up in New Orleans, not being able to find his mom during Katrina, etc. The video is available on the Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/chopshophtx/videos/461780784306353/
cboothe09
Buffalo announced their schedule today. On top of Milwuakee in Belfast, UB will also play Marist and Dartmouth.

A lot of high major games, but all on the road.

https://www.ubbullrun.com/platform/amp/2018/8/1/17639592/buffalo-bulls-announce-basketball-schedule?utm_campaign=ubbullrun&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true
PurpleOut
Staff
cboothe09
Definitely seems like everyone is getting four games out of this classic.
Buffalo gets Marist, Dartmouth, Milwaukee, and SFA/San Francisco
San Francisco gets LIU-Brooklyn, Dartmouth, SFA, and Buffalo/Milwaukee

Feels like Albany and one of Marist/LIU-Brooklyn will be ours to play
PurpleOut
Staff
Pilotgirl
Ahhh Comeaux is having some sort of surgery tomorrow. I don't like to get all up in peeps personal lives BUT MY FINGERS ARE CROSSED THAT IT IS WISDOM TEETH SURGERY. For reals tho. I wish him well, whatever is going on!
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

Ahhh Comeaux is having some sort of surgery tomorrow. I don't like to get all up in peeps personal lives BUT MY FINGERS ARE CROSSED THAT IT IS WISDOM TEETH SURGERY. For reals tho. I wish him well, whatever is going on!
Pilotgirl
I know...I'M SO NERVOUS
Hoping all is well for John!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Well, dang! Real life keeps getting in the way of our sports, doesn't it?
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

If it's wisdom teeth, something tells me his teammates will be kind enough to record the resulting hilarity for posterity.
PurpleOut
Staff
Doesn't sound good.
No-look
Would someone like to give an update on this?
beaubrad46
I'm trying to remember what kind of health problem that he had at the start of last season. Was it a foot problem?
Lawsuit pending PurpleOut.
SFAJack_76
As are we all, most concerned about John.

Beyond that, we desperately need his ability and experience at point guard. We simply don't have the experinced depth at that critical position.
beaubrad46
You say that it doesn't sound good PurpleOut? Tell is what it is you know that doesn't sound good please.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I haven't heard what Comeaux's surgery was for. Anyone know?
beaubrad46
I remember now that early last season I went to basketball practice and Comeaux was recovering from micro surgery on his knee. I have no idea if this surgery is related to that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.