2018-2019 Basketball Season

299,364 Views | 1139 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PurpleOut
Jacks4460
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This place is great.. So glad we have it.. I have never laughed so much..
tangerito
As long as its a Jack I'm OK with any of them but in my opinion you cannot overlook TJ's total body of work. He opens up so many things for the others by his play. A true unselfish player. We will miss him when he moves onto his next chapter in life.
PurpleOut
Staff
Enough with the personal/directed posts. I've deleted those past few, and consider this a warning. Again.
Jacks4460
Sorry PurpleOut..
TallTexan
beaubrad46 said:

I love T.J. but if we base the POY on what happened last year, I favor Kevon or Shannon. But last year was last year and we will see what the future holds.
TJ does look like he's gotten stronger this summer, being able to battle even more in the paint might put him over the top.

But my money would be on Kevon. He's just so ridiculously athletic to go along with a huge helping of talent & hardwork. But we've got 3 guys who would be the star on any SLC team and most mid majors. A good problem to have.
No-look
And it would be nice to have Mitch and Jock in the running for Newcomer of the year.
Pilotgirl
Islanders at home on 2/20/19.
tangerito
Don't forget Oddyst, Looks like he's played some point. I've not given up on John but that post didn't sound encouraging.
No-look
beaubrad46 said:

LjacksandLongnecks. FYI, I just solved a mystery and if you will do a bit of research you will see that I am correct. Cameron Mack the basketball player never signed with Hutchinson Community College. Verbal Commits screwed up. That Cameron Mack was actually a football player from Peoria. Look at the face that verbal commits put on that report also which will further prove it. That is not the same Cameron Mack. That Cameron Mack is a running back. Cameron Mack the basketball player never signed with Hutchinson, never went there and never pulled out of his Letter of intent. Cameron Mack the basketball player went straight to Salt Lake. There's no chip on my shoulder either. Have a nice day.
He enrolled at Hutch but didn't play. Not sure how long he stayed there.
PurpleOut
Staff
He did enroll at Hutchinson, his mom even said so.

Putting this subject to rest here, if you want to continue to discuss there is a thread on him here:
nacluth
Des, just because...

SFASawmillGuy
nacluth said:

Des, just because...

How can the four point play not be on everyone's top 10 NCAA tournament moments ever?
Txjack
Quote:

Ever since the end of his freshman year and his play in the Big Dance in NYC, I've been saying that TJ would get POY before he graduated. Time is running short on my prediction. I'm tempted to jump ship and go with Shannon, but I won't. It'll be TJ all the way. (I think... unless it's Shannon... or maybe Kevon...)
I am all in on Shannon; I think he is going to have a huge year
PurpleOut
Staff
beaubrad46 said:

Went to meet the football team at the Fredonia last night. I was hoping to see some basketball players there so I could ask how John was doing. I didn't see any there.
Because school (and basketball practice) hasn't started yet.
cboothe09
I've been looking around at a lot of local schedules, but nothing featuring us. Tulsa is out, but they do have a nice non-conference including Nevada, Oklahoma State (@ Tulsa), Kansas State, and UT-Arlington. Nothing from Tulane or the other Louisana schools...

Shut out by a lot of schools though...Texas State, UTSA, UTA, SMU, TCU, UH, Rice...Nothing...

I know it is early, but just ready for the season to get here and see what road trips I am going to try for over Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks
No-look
SFA_03 said:

nacluth said:

Des, just because...

How can the four point play not be on everyone's top 10 NCAA tournament moments ever?
I've watched this over and over. Des hits it every time and nails the free throw like clockwork!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Big changes coming in the NCAA Tournament. The RPI is being dropped. Check out the new post about the changes to the selection and seeding processes over on the Southland/NCAA Forum.
SFAJack_76
edstile said:

Big changes coming in the NCAA Tournament. The RPI is being dropped. Check out the new post about the changes to the selection and seeding processes over on the Southland/NCAA Forum.
Clearly we were waiting on filling out the non-conference schedule until we knew the details of the new metrics. Now they can get it right for the best possible seeding.
PurpleOut
Staff
Whoa!

PurpleForever
PurpleOut said:

Whoa!

Exactly why there's no reason to panic about schedules.
TallTexan
That's an awesome game!
TallTexan
Purple out, I put this on a thread of it's own. You can delete if you want, probably a better fit over here in the megathread.
nacluth
Woo-hoo! Miami in November! It's a great time to hit the beach.
PurpleOut
Staff
TallTexan said:

Purple out, I put this on a thread of it's own. You can delete if you want, probably a better fit over here in the megathread.
Nah I'm good with individual game threads. This thread is getting large for sure, so it's good to break some topics down.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan

Today just keeps getting better.
nacluth
It's me!

Edit: Sorry just woke up from a nap and thought my dreams were coming true. Remembered I was 40. Oh well...
TallTexan
That's no excuse, Dirk is 40. Just make sure you polish up your 3 pointer.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

BP rising..................
TallTexan
edstile said:

TallTexan said:

BP rising..................
I'm so pumped for basketball season.
CertifiedAxeman98
SFA Jack Fanatic
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

Thanks, 98. And welcome to the Forums!
TallTexan
Kevon's excited:

TallTexan
Holyfield looking jacked but Aaron's got the explanation.

PurpleOut
Staff
1/30 UCA
2/27 @UCA

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.