2018-2019 Basketball Season

298,562 Views | 1139 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PurpleOut
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am so super excited about this game. We need to make sure it's a sellout.

Guessing at the schedule today, we have a few pack the house games on our schedule.

I'd say if we can get 6k+ to these games it'd be a win:

Season Opener:
Bama Game:
Rock the Coliseum: I changed branding on Cram the Coliseum to let people know that it should be rowdy, just FYI to our SIDs reading this thread. I was gonna go with Rock the Johnson, but wasn't sure Ivey & co would sign off lol. Should be held as soon as students are back.
Sam Game:
Senior Night: Sam Game & Senior Night might end up being the same depending on the way the schedule falls.
Cram Our Other Coliseum: It's important to have a home away from home, right?
nacluth
Nice game. December 30th is going to be a tough ask for a sellout. I think we can get a decent rowdy crowd, but without some major promotion it will be tough to get 7,000 over break. I have to go see my brother get his PhD in Illinois and my sister having a baby in Michigan at Christmas. Yikes, let's see what I can reshuffle...
SFAJack_76
I just became an Alabama fan. In basketball. None of the Texas P5 schools will come to WRJ, but Alabama will.
Kudos to Avery Johnson and the Crimson Tide. Invading Aggie territory. I like it.

Single game tickets will be available as part of a three game package. Wonder who the other two games will be against. Won't be a traditional draw like Sam. Hopefully not one of our throwaway NAIA D2 games.

December 30, is a Sunday. Hopefully an afternoon game with the band and spirit teams in from the break in full force. Students need to show. Purple Haze, do it right!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Alabama! I'm warming up the car right now!
SFAXE93
So, at least Buffalo and Alabama so far for the RPI.

Alabama 20-16; 8-10

Return everybody

STARTERS
G: Collin Sexton 6-3; 190 (So.) 2017-18 AP All-American (HM) SEC NOY; ALL-SEC (1st Team)
PPG:19.2;FG%.447;AST:119;STL:28
F: Braxton Key 6-8; 225 (Jr.)
PPG:7.0;REB:138;BLK:11
G: Dazon Ingram 6-5; 207 (Jr.)
PPG:10;FG%:426;AST:92;STL:30
F: Donta Hall 6-9; 232 (Sr.) 2017-18 All-SEC Defensive Team
PPG:11.0;FG%.726;REB:224;BLK:68;STL:24
G: Herbert Jones 6-7; 200 (So.)
PPG:4.2;FG%.408;AST:48;STL:44

BENCH
G: Tevin Mack 6-6; 223 (Jr.)
G: Avery Johnson Jr. 5-11; 187 (Sr.)
C: Daniel Giddens 6-11; 247 (Sr.)
F: Galin Smith 6-9; 235 (So.)
G: John Petty 6-6; 195 (So.)
F: Tyler Barnes 6-8; 200 (So.)
F: Alex Reese 6-9; 250 (So.)
F: Riley Norris 6-7; 210 (Sr.)

New Recruits
G: Jared Butler 6-2; 185 (Fr.) **** #75 in the Nation; #13 PG
G: Diante Wood 6-4; 175 (Fr.) **** #1 in the state (AL) #22 SG in Nation
C: Javian Flemming 6-9; 230 (Fr.) **** #2 in the state (MS) #13 C in the Nation

"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Nice game. December 30th is going to be a tough ask for a sellout. I think we can get a decent rowdy crowd, but without some major promotion it will be tough to get 7,000 over break. I have to go see my brother get his PhD in Illinois and my sister having a baby in Michigan at Christmas. Yikes, let's see what I can reshuffle...
Gift cards... send a gift card.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

December 30, is a Sunday. Hopefully an afternoon game with the band and spirit teams in from the break in full force. Students need to show. Purple Haze, do it right!
Could we convince the local churches to include this in announcements during services that morning?
CLHawkins
Collin Sexton went to the NBA.
PurpleOut
Staff
This is the type of game and event that everyone should plan on going to right now. If we want to show the nation and our conference how big we've become, we need more fans to make our program a priority.
nacluth
Man, that's going to make it harder for a good crowd. I hope we do this right.
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93 said:

YSo, at least Buffalo and Alabama so far for the RPI.

Alabama 20-16; 8-10

Return everybody

STARTERS
G: Collin Sexton 6-3; 190 (So.) 2017-18 AP All-American (HM) SEC NOY; ALL-SEC (1st Team)
PPG:19.2;FG%.447;AST:119;STL:28
F: Braxton Key 6-8; 225 (Jr.)
PPG:7.0;REB:138;BLK:11
G: Dazon Ingram 6-5; 207 (Jr.)
PPG:10;FG%:426;AST:92;STL:30
F: Donta Hall 6-9; 232 (Sr.) 2017-18 All-SEC Defensive Team
PPG:11.0;FG%.726;REB:224;BLK:68;STL:24
G: Herbert Jones 6-7; 200 (So.)
PPG:4.2;FG%.408;AST:48;STL:44

BENCH
G: Tevin Mack 6-6; 223 (Jr.)
G: Avery Johnson Jr. 5-11; 187 (Sr.)
C: Daniel Giddens 6-11; 247 (Sr.)
F: Galin Smith 6-9; 235 (So.)
G: John Petty 6-6; 195 (So.)
F: Tyler Barnes 6-8; 200 (So.)
F: Alex Reese 6-9; 250 (So.)
F: Riley Norris 6-7; 210 (Sr.)

New Recruits
G: Jared Butler 6-2; 185 (Fr.) **** #75 in the Nation; #13 PG
G: Diante Wood 6-4; 175 (Fr.) **** #1 in the state (AL) #22 SG in Nation
C: Javian Flemming 6-9; 230 (Fr.) **** #2 in the state (MS) #13 C in the Nation

Sixteen names. Which three are walk-ons?
PurpleOut
Staff
We don't technically have Buffalo on the schedule yet, we have to win our first game in Belfast (as does Buffalo).
PurpleOut
Staff
Braxton Key also transferred out.
SFAJack_76
Today, SFA is the top basketball story in the country. Need to make the most of it because it will not last long. Getting a commit from a three or four star guy in the next week would keep it going.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

Man, they're a tall bunch! It will be a challenge in the paint. Hope our quickness and guard play on defense can make up for it.
SFAJack_76
The current roster they have posted.

https://rolltide.com/roster.aspx?roster=201&path=mbball
nacluth
Ha. Midmajor Madness as they release the news about us playing Bama release a story about Hooten building a consistent winner. Hope that's a good enough consolation prize for Sam for this next year.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
Pilotgirl
My girl will be there for sure (me too). Gonna bring alumni coworkers and work on encouraging others, too. I work in education so hopefully I can find some peeps to fill seats that want to support their university and/or want to see a great game...LET'S BE POSITIVE FOLKS! THIS IS AWESOME.
PurpleOut
Staff
Pilotgirl said:

My girl will be there for sure (me too). Gonna bring alumni coworkers and work on encouraging others, too. I work in education so hopefully I can find some peeps to fill seats that want to support their university and/or want to see a great game...LET'S BE POSITIVE FOLKS! THIS IS AWESOME.
Awesome!

We will definitely be having some sort of tailgate (whether they want us to or not). And then I'm going to work on getting an Alumni pre-game event the night before.
SFAXE93
Sorry looking at an older roster.

15 on the roster
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
PurpleOut
Staff
Honorable Mention for Kevon as well for Mid-Major Small Forwards.

BigJack85
Pilotgirl said:

I'm with you pilotgirl!!!! Let's be positive
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Ljacks&Longnecks
Sounds good Purple....if nothing else I'm willing to support the Fredonia Brewing Co on Saturday in preparation for Sunday's game!
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Ha. Midmajor Madness as they release the news about us playing Bama release a story about Hooten building a consistent winner. Hope that's a good enough consolation prize for Sam for this next year.
Lol I was like where did this article come from. Just way out of left field.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

I think he and Bogues will work their way onto the top 10 list by the end of the year.
Pilotgirl
COUNT ME IN
SFAJack_76
Motivation. Me like.

SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

PurpleOut said:

I think he and Bogues will work their way onto the top 10 list by the end of the year.
It'll be interesting to see if TJ makes it on the power forward list tomorrow.
nacluth
Here you go Ed. Done got mine!

Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Here you go Ed. Done got mine!

Me, too. Section 107.
SFAJack_76
Section 108. Fourth year same seats across from SFA bench. Underwood was fun to watch. Keller is getting there.
SFAELITE
I think we will have La Tech at home also, that'll be another good game even though they aren't a high profile program either.
No-look
Need to have free admission for all area highschool players and parents. That would fill some seats.
PurpleOut
Staff
Curious to see how we handle tickets for the Bama game. I got several messages and questions about tickets already today. I wouldn't imagine a lot of fans would come from Tuscaloosa, but I know there's a ton of Bama fans in the state. We need to make sure any possible tickets goes to an SFA fan.

I wonder if our new ticket system has a pre-order system. After season ticket sales die down, allow season ticket holders to purchase additional tickets for the Bama game, while starting an online pre-sale. Maybe only start with residents with a Nacodoches address, and then expand out. See what the demand is like that way, and then just open it up to the public.

There was a pretty good discussion on Twitter that Ivey got involved with in regards to students, and events/tailgates for that weekend. Would be great if we can figure out a way to get a good chunk of students back in town.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.