2018-2019 Basketball Season

297,895 Views | 1139 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PurpleOut
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Shannon made Kevin Sweeney's Honorable Mention for top Mid-Major SGs.

https://cbbcentral.com/2018/07/24/top-ten-mid-major-players-by-position-shooting-guard/
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

Shannon made Kevin Sweeney's Honorable Mention for top Mid-Major SGs.

https://cbbcentral.com/2018/07/24/top-ten-mid-major-players-by-position-shooting-guard/

Massinburg from Buffalo is #6 on the list. That should be a fun game.
SFAJack_76
Let the speculation begin.

rgrooms24
SFA BB Facebook just posted "Major Announcement coming tomorrow". The days of scouring B12 and SEC schedule announcements are about to come to an end.

The Sawmill is about to be straight fire. Season tickets for everyone!
SFA88
So I guess that was supposed to be B1G news? Maybe a game with Brad and Illinois?
SFAJack_76
SFA88 said:

So I guess that was supposed to be B1G news? Maybe a game with Brad and Illinois?
First thing i thought when I saw "BIG" was B1G. Certainly qualifies as a P5 school.
nacluth
Football, now basketball...can we just have big news? Not announcements that there will be announcements?
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

Football, now basketball...can we just have big news? Not announcements that there will be announcements?
I share your frustration, but this one is from SFA unlike all the other teases we have heard.
rgrooms24
My guess is Okie State due to Boynton connection to us and Keller connection to them.

No way that Brad risks a road non conference loss with the hot seat that he is on. I love him but I don't see him taking that risk.
SFA88
rgrooms24 said:

My guess is Okie State due to Boynton connection to us and Keller connection to them.

No way that Brad risks a road non conference loss with the hot seat that he is on. I love him but I don't see him taking that risk.
Good point.

I was trying to think of a team that would travel to Nac. Okie State won 21 games last year and I don't think would do that. Illinois hasn't won enough to demand a good mid-major travel to them. They are playing Gonzaga in the Maui Invitational (how did they get invited among those other teams) and you are right; risking a loss to SFA doesn't seem worth it.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA88 said:

Illinois hasn't won enough to demand a good mid-major travel to them. They are playing Gonzaga in the Maui Invitational (how did they get invited among those other teams)
I saw the Maui Invitational bracket and I thought the exact same thing. Lots of powerhouses... and Illinois??
SFA88
So now I'm thinking, what would it be that would affect both football and basketball? Unless SFAELITE posted in the wrong forum.
No-look
Could be schedule news, signing a couple 4 stars or a new coat of varnish on the gym floor? What time tomorrow morning? Lol
nacluth
I think it's probably something like the CC's Smokehouse radio show will now be televised.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFA88
nacluth said:

I think it's probably something like the CC's Smokehouse radio show will now be televised.
That's it!!!
SFAELITE
Sorry guys definitely meant to post it in this thread. It will be a scheduling update for basketball.

And the game will be played at home!
nacluth
We forgive you. At least if the news is as big as everyone has been hyping for months now.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFAELITE
The only thing I'm worried about is attendance for the game. I for sure will be there. I'm also hoping we get on national television like ESPNU or something.
No-look
Work production may be slow for me tomorrow morning. Lol
BigJack85
Well the "B1G" looks like the Big 10 logo but Okie St or OU makes more sense. We played 3 at OU. I think there might have been an option to buy a home game at a certain date. Or.... it could be another mid-major Gonzaga, BYU, Memphis? Ivey has ties to Memphis?
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAJack_76
OU has announced their non-conference schedule which includes road games at UTRGV and UTSA.
nacluth
Where are you seeing "B1G"?
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
BigJack85
I just looked like it in the video. It's proba not. Just looked like it.
nacluth
Ahh. I watched it several times and never got that impression, but since several mentioned it I thought it must have been posted somewhere else. Wishful thinking?
TallTexan
Commish confirms. SFA moving to the Big 10

PurpleOut
Staff
Hint: The opponent we're waiting to hear about has not been mentioned here yet.

SFASawmillGuy
PurpleOut said:

Came here to say this!
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Cleveland Cavaliers! You heard it here first.
BigJack85
SFA_03 said:

PurpleOut said:

Came here to say this!
Sounds like it's BIG 12 or BIG10
Sawmill6thManRocco
TallTexan said:

PurpleOut said:

Cleveland Cavaliers! You heard it here first.
Closer than you may think.
Sawmill6thManRocco
Finally its out. Alabama on December 30th.
PurpleOut
Staff
WE WANT BAMA!

MasterAxe
Alabama coming to Nac.

Not the highest profile team ever, but they did win a tourney game and finished 2nd in the SEC Tournament.

Hopefully we can get a trend of having a P5 not only on the schedule every year, but come to Nac.

It should not take another 9 years before a P5 comes to Nac.
TallTexan
That's pretty crafty by Coach Keller and Ivey. This will give Saban cover to be on campus interviewing for the football job.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Kids will be out if school....up to us to cram the coliseum. Got it on my schedule!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.