2018-2019 Basketball Season

297,329 Views | 1139 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PurpleOut
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know they still have Unruh who scored just less than a million on us in Conway, but how less scary is this team now that Howard is gone?
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth said:

I know they still have Unruh who scored just less than a million on us in Conway, but how less scary is this team now that Howard is gone?
They have Hayden Koval and DeAndre Jones back as well, who were both freshmen last year. They also have a new kid by the name of Eddy Kayouloud from Oak Hill Academy. Just a freshman and pretty raw, but could turn into a good player.

UCA still has more inconsistency and defensive issues.
SFAXE93
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
nacluth
Yessir, like that sheet!

Still haven't updated the site's roster yet.
SFAXE93
They showed them taking photos in suits today on the twitter account, so it should be updated any day now.
nacluth
Ok in need of fan education: Oddyst pronounced oddest, O-dest, odd-deest? Nickname: Odd, Oddy?

TallTexan
Nickname for a PG?

I was going this route: Oddyst > Odysseus > O-Dish-ius
Pilotgirl
I believe it is Odd-ist, which is how I've heard him pronounce it in a video clip. He says it much more smooth than that...the "t" was almost silent. Hope that helps!
nacluth
It does, thanks.
No-look
nacluth said:

Ok in need of fan education: Oddyst pronounced oddest, O-dest, odd-deest? Nickname: Odd, Oddy?

He could be a steal. Looks strong in clips that I've seen. I'm probably looking through rose colored glasses but this team is looking scary good! Heard Fitzgerald is a beast. Hughes is a pure shooter, Serialle will make an impact. And there's the starters. Looks like we gonna have Some fiddles in the band.
No-look
TallTexan said:

Nickname for a PG?

I was going this route: Oddyst > Odysseus > O-Dish-ius
O-Dish-ius. I like that. Think he will go for it?
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

Heard Fitzgerald is a beast.
Anyone seen Fitzgerald in the gym? Haven't seen anything on him here since he signed.
TallTexan
SFAXE93
New nickname for the duo

The Steen Towers!
Pilotgirl
Sorry to put focus back on Baylor (not a pot stirring fan here) but more is being revealed about what lengths the university went to cover up/silence the assaults and I just don't think I can go. I want to support our team but I don't want to step foot on that campus.

#WhyDoWeHaveToPlayThem

Back to regular posts .....
PurpleOut
Staff
Pilotgirl said:

Sorry to put focus back on Baylor (not a pot stirring fan here) but more is being revealed about what lengths the university went to cover up/silence the assaults and I just don't think I can go. I want to support our team but I don't want to step foot on that campus.

#WhyDoWeHaveToPlayThem

Back to regular posts .....
I fully understand and support anyone that doesn't want to go to any Baylor University event. However, I still feel like supporting our team will override any of that (and I plan on going). And, if it helps, just purchase a ticket from a 3rd party site instead of purchasing tickets directly from BU, and then don't purchase anything inside of the Ferrell Center.
cboothe09
Hit up either George's or Viteks for food beforehand. Great food and not spending money on campus
nacluth
They got the roster updated on Sfajacks.com. Looks like the kids are growing up by their pics. (Why can't they stay young? ) I'll sync the Sawmill soon.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

They got the roster updated on Sfajacks.com. Looks like the kids are growing up by their pics. (Why can't they stay young? ) I'll sync the Sawmill soon.
Fitzgerald is 6'7" and 205. Don't know why, but I've been assuming that he was bigger/bulkier than that. Surprised to see that he's the same size as Mitch.
Pilotgirl
I will see how I feel by then
...great idea on the 3rd party ticket tho!
Pilotgirl
edstile said:

nacluth said:

Fitzgerald is 6'7" and 205. Don't know why, but I've been assuming that he was bigger/bulkier than that. Surprised to see that he's the same size as Mitch.

Maybe a typo?
nacluth
The video I've seen of him looked bigger too. Could be they forgot to change the stats from Mitch above him. I've probably done that several times in the football roster.
TallTexan
FWIW, Minnesota had him listed at 6'8, 220.

If he and Mitch are the same size/weight, I'd be interested to know what their wingspans are, maybe Mitch has some Mo Bamba arms.
Pilotgirl
Guess I didn't realize Karl N. was 6'8...hmmm how did I miss that? Of course he doesn't play until next year (maybe that is why )
nacluth
Got our Sawmill roster updated. Class breakdown shows our upperclassmen weighted team. Got two solid years ahead of us at the minimum.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Got our Sawmill roster updated. Class breakdown shows our upperclassmen weighted team. Got two solid years ahead of us at the minimum.
Fitzgerald 6'8", 220. That's more like it.
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

Guess I didn't realize Karl N. was 6'8...hmmm how did I miss that? Of course he doesn't play until next year (maybe that is why )

I always forget we have him stashed on the roster.
No-look
nacluth said:

Looks good. Now can you get that schedule up and running?
nacluth
Yeah no problem...well the problem is my schedule has us playing the whole Big East, but we might be the first team to win two divisions in the same year.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Yeah no problem...well the problem is my schedule has us playing the whole Big East, but we might be the first team to win two divisions in the same year.
That's your plan?

tangerito
Saw Sammy riding a bike down the sidewalk on North Street yesterday. He looked thin. He could use some more bulk. Bike riding probably not helping but it beats walking.
Pilotgirl
So who all do we have except for our starter, Augustin, in case, I'm not even gonna say it, is unavailable? I'm just curious and looking at contingencies ....
No-look
Pilotgirl said:

So who all do we have except for our starter, Augustin, in case, I'm not even gonna say it, is unavailable? I'm just curious and looking at contingencies ....
We need some good minutes from the new guys this year. Hughes and Walker will need to make an impact early especially if John can't go at start of season. Hoping all is well with John. Great guy and player. Wish we knew the status on his condition.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

Huh? Why is Augustin unavailable? Do you mean Comeaux?
nacluth
Aaron is our obvious starter at point. Still haven't heard the final word on John (still have my fingers crossed). He would be our number two.

After him, I would think Bogues would be next on the chart with Hughes or Walker being able to rotate through. I think if this becomes common that we'll see a fair amount of sets where Kevon brings it out as a pseudo-point (think end of La Tech last year) where it's like a 90' drive and kick.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.