2018-2019 Basketball Season

298,525 Views | 1139 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PurpleOut
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No-look
TallTexan said:

Awesome write up!!! Keep the faith John!!!
Pilotgirl
We stan a good comeback story!

AND WE LOVE COMO!
Jacks4460
I thought this was cute... In no way is Keller on the hot seat... Now next year if it doesnt get any better then yes he might be on the hot seat...

PurpleOut
Staff
Saw that this morning as well:

SFA Jack Fanatic
Think this quote is appropriate, given the two defections the team has experienced recently...

"One player's selfish attitude can poison a locker room and make it hard, if not impossible, to establish teamwork." ~ Dean Smith
jboy93
Dreaming out loud...TJ comes back from his injury with 8 games left. This puts us in the SLC tourney by the hair of our chinny chin chin! We win the tourney and puts us in the big boy tourney!. This securing TJ's rightful place in the SFA Hall of FAME!!!!
Cause I really think it will be hard for him to come back next year...sadly!
nacluth
If he isn't coming back next year, there's no way he's coming back this year. I like your dream though.
BigJack85
Not to beat a dead horse.... For the record I like Keller just a bit skeptical.

At any rate had a lengthy conversation with a client of mine who played professional basketball in Europe (Italy and Malta), Additionally his son plays for TAMUCC and was recruited by SFA, so he follows the Southland Conference pretty closely. His take was that the best X's and O's guy in the conference was Jason Hooten and the best recruiter was Wade Mason. Don't know what to say about that but I found it interesting.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Jacks4460
BigJack85 said:

Not to beat a dead horse.... For the record I like Keller just a bit skeptical.

At any rate had a lengthy conversation with a client of mine who played professional basketball in Europe (Italy and Malta), Additionally his son plays for TAMUCC and was recruited by SFA, so he follows the Southland Conference pretty closely. His take was that the best X's and O's guy in the conference was Jason Hooten and the best recruiter was Wade Mason. Don't know what to say about that but I found it interesting.

Your client is spot on...
PurpleOut
Staff
Eh, I don't see Hooten as an overall great Xs and Os guy. He's never sniffed the NCAA tournament, and Sam fans wanted him gone until right now. And I tell you, if they don't win in Katy....KatFans will lose it.
Pilotgirl
PurpleOut said:

Eh, I don't see Hooten as an overall great Xs and Os guy. He's never sniffed the NCAA tournament, and Sam fans wanted him gone until right now. And I tell you, if they don't win in Katy....KatFans will lose it.

THIS
BigJack85
PurpleOut said:

Not sure I see it either. Just the commentary of a party that follows the Southland. I can tell you he coached AAU so his perspective is a little different than mine. For my money Brad's motion offense was the best. Obviously I'm biased.

If Brad doesn't make it at Illinois and Keller flames out here I wouldn't have a problem with him returning.
TallTexan

I wonder what the theme of practice has been this week.
BigJack85
Great tweet pull Texan.
CertifiedAxeman98
As big as we are this year compared to the rest of the SLC we should be rebounding better than we have been. I hope they are back to the basics of positioning.
LUMBERJACK2005
I saw where Cam Mack is the #2 ranked JUCO recruit in the nation. SMH. Would have been nice to see him in an SFA uniform.
CertifiedAxeman98
LUMBERJACK2005 said:

I saw where Cam Mack is the #2 ranked JUCO recruit in the nation. SMH. Would have been nice to see him in an SFA uniform.
Agreed. Really need guard play this year on both ends of the court. Defending quick guards with big men is not working too well. Really could use some someone to help at point and defend on the perimeter. Of course we expected to have Augustin fill that role. I didn't see the Lamar game but at HBU their guards played tight D and really limited our outside shots. We won the game but their tight tough D gave us fits. Lamar killed us from the 3. You can't let 2 guys shoot 50% from behind the arc and expect to win.

Too bad Trey Pickney couldn't play on Saturday.
SFASawmillGuy
I disagree about Cam. From everything I heard about his attitude and demeanor towards the SFA players and staff, he was definitely not worth the trouble. That's not including his mother who we all remember on the boards, Cam just wanted too much too fast and I think would've hurt the team as a whole.

Remember, SFA has been good in the past because of a very good TEAM. Not just one player. Walkup even had an entire cast of playmakers around him.
BigJack85
SFA_03 said:

I disagree about Cam. From everything I heard about his attitude and demeanor towards the SFA players and staff, he was definitely not worth the trouble. That's not including his mother who we all remember on the boards, Cam just wanted too much too fast and I think would've hurt the team as a whole.

Remember, SFA has been good in the past because of a very good TEAM. Not just one player. Walkup even had an entire cast of playmakers around him.

03. You make a great point. Our most heralded teams had very few "marquee" players. In fact the only one I can recall prior to Keller is Josh Alexander. Walkup had two D1 offers HBU and us. It's overrated at our level.
sfa17
SFAJack_76
Good news.
SFAJack_76
nacluth
Shannon is 40 points away from 1,000 career points. This could be the week he crosses the line. I hope so.
Pilotgirl
His shot was a bit better against NWST. Hope he is back to baseline now! And Shannon deserves this accolade, especially with how this season has gone.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Shannon is 40 points away from 1,000 career points. This could be the week he crosses the line. I hope so.

Making it on the all time scorer list in 2 seasons. That's pretty incredible.
SFAJack_76
Kevon ....!
SFAJack_76
Better news. I can't imagine he can contribute much, but it gives us another badly needed body.
SFAJack_76
Worse news. But, to be expected being out for weeks.
BigJack85
Kevon is the heart and soul of this team.
TallTexan
We need a game thread Nacluth!
TallTexan
nacluth
Aww man it's Shannon's birthday? I've got to go change my prediction then. Happy Birthday Shannon! Go off tonight. Those last 40 points to 1000 are nothing.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
TallTexan
Bringing my A game on Saturday to make sure we win.

sfa17
TallTexan said:

Bringing my A game on Saturday to make sure we win.

We are probably gonna need some angels

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.