2020-2021 Lumberjack Basketball

177,342 Views | 1144 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TallTexan
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pilotgirl said:

IMO, that starts here....the fan base. And, it's a society-thing, too. But I won't get on that soapbox as I'm the only female here and would never win any kind of discussion/argument.

I'm glad the game will be on ESPNU. Just wish the women would get some exposure as well. Fingers crossed for Katy & NCAA tournament.

I know we can't quite control who picks up the women's game but SFA and Sam could have atleast moved both games for the double header to make the crowds better.
Pilotgirl
1000% agreed. Makes perfect sense to me!
CertifiedAxeman98
Do we know when the NCAA will rule on allowing us to serve our post season ban this year?
PurpleOut
Staff
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

Do we know when the NCAA will rule on allowing us to serve our post season ban this year?
Everything points to it being a done deal. But, there still hasn't been an official announcement.
sfa17
Im fine with a SLC title. Its still a trophy and a ring for our players.
SFASawmillGuy
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

It's a done deal. Stupid we're getting a ban in the first place but it's going to be for this year.
SFAJack_76
jboy93
On line it says the Sunday game we should use Arkansas State printed ticket to get in. Does that mean if you have the tickets on your phone you can still get in with the Sam doubleheader ticket?
jboy93

When shopping on line today I saw this...why the heck would they allow orange to be anywhere on our website!
TallTexan
jboy93 said:

On line it says the Sunday game we should use Arkansas State printed ticket to get in. Does that mean if you have the tickets on your phone you can still get in with the Sam doubleheader ticket?

I'd ask Maulsby. They will probably update the phone ones.
nacluth
Yeah they change the phone tickets digitally, but some people only have the paper tickets. Just use the Sam ticket on the phone.
jboy93
Thanks!
nacluth
Corpus scratched two games for COVID which were to be on Saturday and today. We're supposed to head down to the island tomorrow. Any early indication if this game is making? Seems to soon to clear protocol, but who knows anymore.
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth said:

Corpus scratched two games for COVID which were to be on Saturday and today. We're supposed to head down to the island tomorrow. Any early indication if this game is making? Seems to soon to clear protocol, but who knows anymore.
Yeah I've been waiting to see what happens here as well, doesn't seem likely to me.

I saw that Boston College is having to fill roster spots with scout team players due to COVID and the ACC not postponing games. They will have 4 scholarship players against Florida State tomorrow. Ridiculous.
CertifiedAxeman98
PurpleOut
Staff
They confirmed our game for tomorrow.

That could still change of course.
nacluth
I'll try to get a write-up out tonight.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

I'll try to get a write-up out tonight.

Ryan, your dedication to performing that duty is really appreciated.
No-look
Listened to the coaches show last night. Really neat but I was wondering why they never get questions or offer comments about recruits or injuries.
sfa17
Coach can't publicly talk about recruits until they sign.
SFAJack_76
sfa17 said:

Coach can't publicly talk about recruits until they sign.
This, and Keller never talks about injuries.
jboy93
Can someone refresh my memory, other than stupidity, why don't we play Nichols at least once? I know it has been discussed but I can't remember if the SLC actually had a valid reason.
nacluth
Valid reason is maybe stretching it. Because of COVID, the Southland has reduced the amount of conference games from 20 to 16. But in the last 4 seasons, the Southland essentially has set up divisions where Louisiana teams don't play all Texas teams and vice versa. Supposedly it has to do with travel.

The real beneficiaries have been SELA and Nicholls who have had the easiest schedules by opponent strength the last 5 years. Also these two teams have seen their overall conference standings go up getting to avoid SFA and ACU regularly.
jboy93
nacluth said:

Valid reason is maybe stretching it. Because of COVID, the Southland has reduced the amount of conference games from 20 to 16. But in the last 4 seasons, the Southland essentially has set up divisions where Louisiana teams don't play all Texas teams and vice versa. Supposedly it has to do with travel.

The real beneficiaries have been SELA and Nicholls who have had the easiest schedules by opponent strength the last 5 years. Also these two teams have seen their overall conference standings go up getting to avoid SFA and ACU regularly.
But yet SEL plays a home and home against ACU this year! That's not a lot of travel at all! I would have liked to been in the room when this was discussed with the powers that be! Stretching it by using the term "powers". lol
jboy93
I looked, that's only a 10 hour bus ride! And they could cut off several hours by stopping in Nac! I know that would be logical! I guess something the SLC doesn't like to come across as being.
SFAJack_76
We play in Corpus tonight, and New Orleans on Saturday... brilliant scheduling.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

We play in Corpus tonight, and New Orleans on Saturday... brilliant scheduling.

The only thing I'm gonna miss about this conference is destroying everyone else's basketball dreams for an entire decade.

But the leadership? Not a bit.
PurpleOut
Staff
Hearing there is a COVID issue with UNO. Don't expect us to play Saturday.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Hearing there is a COVID issue with UNO. Don't expect us to play Saturday.

So it's on their side?

PurpleOut
Staff
Yep, UNO has postponed their game after ours as well.

The later we get with this, we won't be able to reschedule games and someone will have few games on their record.
SFAJack_76
cboothe09
Maybe we squeeze it in after we play Corpus next Wednesday? We won't play again until Feb 17 against UCA
SFAJack_76
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

So we're playing 3 games in 7 days including a trip to Conway & New Orleans for 2 games in 3 days?
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

So we're playing 3 games in 7 days including a trip to Conway & New Orleans for 2 games in 3 days?
ACU has four games in seven days. Beaumont yesterday, and Corpus Monday. Reality of this season.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.