2020-2021 Lumberjack Basketball

178,715 Views | 1144 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TallTexan
Ballwatch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Prediction contest 2020-21 edition? Since last seasons contest ended abruptly, can we just pick up from last years final standings???
nacluth
Ballwatch said:

Prediction contest 2020-21 edition? Since last seasons contest ended abruptly, can we just pick up from last years final standings???
That would be good for you and I! Actually it made me realize that I don't think our top players got paid out. I talked with the city about it a couple of months into COVID. They said they were still in to pay out, but I could tell that I was the last thing on their mind.

I'll figure out a payout soon.
No-look
Can the Jack Madness be rewatched? Just in case I can't watch tonight?
PurpleOut
Staff
See...they don't hate us.

TallTexan
Lol I'm still blocked by 90% of those guys.
SFA Jack Fanatic
On the coaches' Zoom call today Coach K said that the Jacks are looking very good on offense. He said this is the best passing team he's had here. However, he said that their defense is not nearly where he'd like to see it. The intensity is also lacking.

Coach K said that all three teams they will play in CT will be very good. Rhode Island will have the best player there -- their PG. He said the Jacks will have a hard time stopping him. Keller insinuated that Towson may not be quite as strong as the Bonnies or the Rams since they graduated three players, but they have added several transfers that were starters elsewhere.

nacluth
Next week Ed!
No-look
No-look said:

Anyone know if there is a way to record the event? Or rewatch? What say ye geeks?
cboothe09
Fatts Russell is goooood. Dude is a legit All-American candidate. Think Kevon lacing them up against us good...
PurpleOut
Staff
No-look said:

No-look said:

Anyone know if there is a way to record the event? Or rewatch? What say ye geeks?
ESPN3 does have content that was previously recorded, but I've never seen any of our live events for re-watch. But I've also never looked very hard.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

No-look said:

No-look said:

ESPN3 does have content that was previously recorded, but I've never seen any of our live events for re-watch. But I've also never looked very hard.

I rewatched part of the EKU game a couple of days ago.
CertifiedAxeman98
PurpleOut said:

See...they don't hate us.

They don't hate SFA. They just have no respect for the Southland. I don't blame them for the lack of respect for the SL The conference is not good. But because of that they ignore SFA.

It still amazes me that their first podcast after the Duke win they basically ignored SFA. The national media was devoting time to talk about SFA but it was crickets chipping for weeks for a group devoted to mid-majors. Oh wait I remember they did did post something about the game. If memory serves me right they called it a fluke.
CertifiedAxeman98
So what is the expectation by position for this year? Those close to the program please let us know and correct my guess below.

1 - PG: Kachelries or Heckard starting with McDaniel coming off the bench.
2 - SG: Ware starting with Hawkins and Posey off the bench
3 - Combo: Johnson starting with ??? off the bench. Maybe have one of the guys above move over to the 3?
4 - PF: Solomon with Brown off the bench or go small ball and move over Johnson to the 4 or go big and play Kensmil and Daniels at the same time.
5 - C: Kensmil with Daniels off the bench.

Last few years it seemed like we were stacked with big men and now we seem to have the opposite.
SFA Jack Fanatic
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

So what is the expectation by position for this year? Those close to the program please let us know and correct my guess below.

1 - PG: Kachelries or Heckard starting with McDaniel coming off the bench.
2 - SG: Ware starting with Hawkins and Posey off the bench
3 - Combo: Johnson starting with ??? off the bench. Maybe have one of the guys above move over to the 3?
4 - PF: Solomon with Brown off the bench or go small ball and move over Johnson to the 4 or go big and play Kensmil and Daniels at the same time.
5 - C: Kensmil with Daniels off the bench.

Last few years it seemed like we were stacked with big men and now we seem to have the opposite.

Those scenarios all look pretty good to me.
PurpleOut
Staff
From practice videos and pics, rotations I've seen together:

Kensmil, Solomon, Johnson, Ware, Kachelries
Kensmil, Solomon, Johnson, Ware, Hawkins
Kensmil, Nana, Johnson, Kachelries, Hawkins
Daniels, Solomon, Ware, Elliott, McDaniel
Daniels, Brown, Heckard, Elliott, McDaniel
Brown, Nana, Heckard, Elliot, McDaniel
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

From practice videos and pics, rotations I've seen together:

Kensmil, Solomon, Johnson, Ware, Kachelries
Kensmil, Solomon, Johnson, Ware, Hawkins
Kensmil, Nana, Johnson, Kachelries, Hawkins
Daniels, Solomon, Ware, Elliott, McDaniel
Daniels, Brown, Heckard, Elliott, McDaniel
Brown, Nana, Heckard, Elliot, McDaniel
Lots of depth there. Even more when Posey eventually gets into the mix. And looks like they're taking a good look at what Elliott can do.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jack Madness: Banfield beats Kachelries 14-10 in the 3-point contest final.

Kensmil easily wins the slam dunk contest.
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Jack Madness: Banfield beats Kachelries 14-10 in the 3-point contest final.

Kensmil easily wins the slam dunk contest.

Thanks for the update!!!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Coach K said that Posey has had a stress fracture in his tibia. Keller said he may or may not play in CT. This is the first time that I've heard what Posey's injury was.

I know this was just a fun scrimmage, but Nigel Hawkins really looked good tonight, shooting from outside and running the floor.
PurpleOut
Staff
There's a reason we recruited Hawkins heavily out of high school. He's a very solid player all around.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Coach K said that Posey has had a stress fracture in his tibia. Keller said he may or may not play in CT. This is the first time that I've heard what Posey's injury was.
Read about it in the Premium thread about a month ago. That is where we agreed to keep injury information a season or two ago. Obviously okay to put here when Keller makes it public.
RichieVan
For those interested in FloSports, it's $29.99 per month, cancel any time. If you elect for the $12.50 per month option, you are locked into a one year contract ($150). I paid the $29.99. $10 per game, I'm good with it.
nacluth
Thanks for the info Richie! I think I'll be fine with it too.
TallTexan
RichieVan said:

For those interested in FloSports, it's $29.99 per month, cancel any time. If you elect for the $12.50 per month option, you are locked into a one year contract ($150). I paid the $29.99. $10 per game, I'm good with it.

Dang that's the craziest pricing difference.

I'm gonna be at work for two of those games, so I'm probably just gonna listen to Rob.
CertifiedAxeman98
https://lastwordonsports.com/basketball/2020/11/19/2020-21-southland-basketball-preview/

Another Southland Preview
ljax1979
Might want to hold off on the FloSports subscription....St. Bonaventure has withdrawn from the Mohegan Sun "Bubbleville" games due to a positive COVID result.
SFA Jack Fanatic
ljax1979 said:

Might want to hold off on the FloSports subscription....St. Bonaventure has withdrawn from the Mohegan Sun "Bubbleville" games due to a positive COVID result.

Uh oh. The season from Hell has already begun...
ljax1979
I wonder if there is any way we (and others in our pod) can pick up games from other teams at Bubbleville. We play 3 games in a row but other teams...like Maine...play every other day. At this juncture if there is a "healthy" team at the site that needs a game why not schedule it? Who knows how many other games will be cancelled throughout the season.
SFA Jack Fanatic
ljax1979 said:

I wonder if there is any way we (and others in our pod) can pick up games from other teams at Bubbleville. We play 3 games in a row but other teams...like Maine...play every other day. At this juncture if there is a "healthy" team at the site that needs a game why not schedule it? Who knows how many other games will be cancelled throughout the season.

The plane leaves on Sunday. I imagine the phone lines are hot and heavy right now.
sfa17
Maybe through all the cancellations.. we can end up getting a better schedule at the end of day
PurpleOut
Staff
Handful of single game tickets are on sale now:

SFAJack_76
Looking forward to the game intro video.
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

Handful of single game tickets are on sale now:

371 tickets per game. So that equates to how many total paid seats when added to season ticket holders? And how many student passes will be handed out for each game? Just curious what the total max capacity will be.
PurpleOut
Staff
Max capacity for this season is 2,000. Take away 371 single games, and maybe 300 for students (total guess), you're looking at around 1,200-1,400 season ticket seats?
SFASawmillGuy
I hope those season ticket holders actually show up.
That's been the issue in the past is a ton of empty seats for season ticket holders.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.