2020-2021 Lumberjack Basketball

178,947 Views | 1144 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TallTexan
Jacks4460
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PurpleOut said:

sfa17 said:

Not sure how true this is. This twitter account is followed by both coach Cox, coach Mason and Jeff Goodman. But New Mexico (not state) are looking at Keller. Acu's coach also in the mix
Seems accurate from what I can find.

That's definitely a good gig.

I believe it!!
SFAJack_76
If it didn't happen, it would mean he wasn't being successful. Suppose this will test how much he and his family really like Nacogdoches.
No-look
SFAJack_76 said:

If it didn't happen, it would mean he wasn't being successful. Suppose this will test how much he and his family really like Nacogdoches.
or would really like a NICE pay raise
SFA Jack Fanatic
Apparently, today's game at UCA is another dadgum pay-to-view game. Good riddance, SLC!
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Apparently, today's game at UCA is another dadgum pay-to-view game. Good riddance, SLC!

UGH
purpleballs
No-look said:

MasterAxe said:

"Come back and let's wreck the WAC and you get to enjoy a $24 million facility first."

That's a hell of a pitch.
What would be good slogan for next year?
Jack the WAC or Nac the WAC? Trying to be creative. Lol

I like Jack the WAC, but could see where some might not.
nacluth
Just tell me when the WACJack T-shirts are coming out.
migata33
I reviewed several articles including the one on the athletic website by a writer assigned to that area and none of them mentioned Keller....0...nadda. The ACU coach got a couple of mentions and is a serious candidate but based on what I could find Keller is not even in serious contention. They seem to want Frank Martin as it appears he will depart from South Carolina and has some connections to the school but his price tag will be far too high for them....but you never know.
jboy93
What is Keller's current status? Years left and salary?
TallTexan
migata33 said:

I reviewed several articles including the one on the athletic website by a writer assigned to that area and none of them mentioned Keller....0...nadda. The ACU coach got a couple of mentions and is a serious candidate but based on what I could find Keller is not even in serious contention. They seem to want Frank Martin as it appears he will depart from South Carolina and has some connections to the school but his price tag will be far too high for them....but you never know.
Aren't we paying Keller somewhere in the realm of 400-450k?

You'd need the right landing spot to make that jump at the 750k that UNM pays.
jboy93
TallTexan said:

migata33 said:

Aren't we paying Keller somewhere in the realm of 400-450k?

You'd need the right landing spot to make that jump at the 750k that UNM pays.
I think that number is about right for Coach. I think it would have to be a home run for him to leave. UNM is not a home run.
PurpleOut
Staff
UNM would most definitely be a home run, for Keller.

Really good league, one of the best home atmospheres in the country with incredible fans, and overall good town to live in.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

UNM would most definitely be a home run, for Keller.

Really good league, one of the best home atmospheres in the country with incredible fans, and overall good town to live in.

I say this as someone who loves New Mexico. I'm not sure I could live in ABQ.

And that's a lot of travel for recruiting any other major metro.

But I think he'd succeed there.
sfa17
Mid major coaches are never going to get a home run jobs. Its always going to be a power 5 team that needs to be rebuilt for example okstate or wake forest
SFAJack_76
New Mexico routinely rates among the bottom two or three states in the country in things like education, fiscal stability, poverty, and other measures. I don't know that is somewhere the Kellers want to raise their children.

I love visiting, but have zero desire to live there.
sfa17
A few extra thousand dollars can change that. At the end of the day coaching is a job $$
SFAJack_76
sfa17 said:

A few extra thousand dollars can change that. At the end of the day coaching is a job $$

Of course it's a job. There are many more factors involved in taking a job than money.
jboy93
Anyone know the ticket situation in Huntsville this weekend. Ordered mine at the 1st of February and haven't received them in the mail yet and I don't see anything on receipt that says I can get them electronically. Will my receipt be enough to get in if they don't come in the mail?
Pilotgirl
jboy93 said:

Anyone know the ticket situation in Huntsville this weekend. Ordered mine at the 1st of February and haven't received them in the mail yet and I don't see anything on receipt that says I can get them electronically. Will my receipt be enough to get in if they don't come in the mail?
Hmmmm.. I'm not going but I thought I read somewhere that there were electronic? I would call their ticket office for guidance.
nacluth
jboy93 said:

I'm in the same spot. Guess I'll call the ticket office.
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth said:

jboy93 said:

I'm in the same spot. Guess I'll call the ticket office.
I asked them on Twitter...but not expecting a response there.
nacluth
Called ticket office and they said mine had gotten out in to will call. So I guess I'll see y'all Saturday.
jboy93
nacluth said:

Called ticket office and they said mine had gotten out in to will call. So I guess I'll see y'all Saturday.
I'll be giving them a call this morning too!
jboy93
Guess they didn't mail anything out...mine were at will-call too. See ya'll there. GO JACKS!
PurpleOut
Staff
"You aren't allowed to walk up and purchase tickets at the window on gameday. But, if you want to purchase them ahead of time you can walk up to same window and pick them up on gameday."

PurpleOut
Staff
Got a good thread going here, lulz

TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

"You aren't allowed to walk up and purchase tickets at the window on gameday. But, if you want to purchase them ahead of time you can walk up to same window and pick them up on gameday."

It's not about the Covid.

They're just trying to avoid the awkwardness of having their students count out change. Hard to learn to work a register in Zoom classes.
nacluth
I wish SFA ticket office. I wish.

jboy93
I am still really confused about our current roster. Heckard is now gone and Brown and McDaniel never see the court (with apparent good reason). Posey seems to still be very engaged on the bench but you never know if that will get him to next season in a Jacks uniform. We have five seniors where basically all of our scoring comes from. I know from being in higher education that five year graduates are more of the norm these days so I think it is a given that we need at least three seniors to come back next year in order to stay at the top. Somebody help me to see that I am wrong>?
SFA Jack Fanatic
Heckard is gone??
nacluth
Heckard's gone for some reason I don't know about. I can't imagine Brown and McDaniel being here next year unless we just can't find players. Two years in the program for both with no significant game time means they just aren't up to the level the coaching staff wants. I mean Oddyst got lots of game time and he was really just ok.

I would start with what we have. Solomon and Hawkins as juniors. Nana as a sophomore. Posey could be a sophomore but all these guys will have an extra year of eligibility. 2 bigs and two guards. Nana and Solomon are a tough duo, but they are not scary yet - just good. Hawkins has had flashes. Posey is still unknown.

We have 9 spots to fill with just one(?) commit. Even if all the seniors returned (no way that's happening), that still leaves big holes. We have to get big JUCO gets because there's no way we can develop so many freshman. It's going to be a free for all in the coming months. Makes New Mexico seem pretty great.
nacluth
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Heckard is gone??
I posted in the game thread that he was gone from the roster. I noticed he wasn't on the sidelines, and sure enough our roster website guy was Johnny on the spot. Who knows?
SFA Jack Fanatic
Was there a Senior recognition after the game? (Considering what transpired, I'm guessing not...) If so, was there any indication of anyone staying or going?
jboy93
nacluth said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Heckard is gone??
I posted in the game thread that he was gone from the roster. I noticed he wasn't on the sidelines, and sure enough our roster website guy was Johnny on the spot. Who knows?
I'm going to try and see if any of our coaches here at TJC have any idea of what might have happened.
jboy93
"Makes New Mexico seem pretty great"...

This is something that crossed my mind! Sadly

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.