2020-2021 Lumberjack Basketball

178,888 Views | 1144 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TallTexan
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He'll still have 20 pounds on most college centers.

And he'll steal their dates too looking like that.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

He'll still have 20 pounds on most college centers.

And he'll steal their dates too looking like that.
ROFL!!!!!!
CertifiedAxeman98
In true Belichick fashion Keller just picked up walk-on Elijah Elliott that was previously a walk-on at Kansas. I guess he will run the scout team for the KU game.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/elijah-elliott-tx

Edit: He is also from Southlake Carroll so he played with Russell Hyman in HS.
PurpleOut
Staff
Works for me. Looks like he got a few minutes in 9 games last year. Made 3-4 shots.
TallTexan
That's a heck of a walk on pickup.
SFA Jack Fanatic
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

In true Belichick fashion Keller just picked up walk-on Elijah Elliott that was previously a walk-on at Kansas. I guess he will run the scout team for the KU game.

Elliott appeared in nine games for the Jayhawks in their 28-3 season in 2019-2020, making three of four field-goal attempts in 22 minutes of play.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Redshirted one year due to injury, so he had two full years under Self at KU. He had entered the portal in early June, so maybe he waited for a call from a program as long as he could, hoping to get a full ride somewhere. (Just guessing about that...)
PurpleOut
Staff
Love this:

PurpleOut
Staff
CJ was huge in our win over WVU. If he didn't get sick before the ND game...ugh.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

CJ was huge in our win over WVU. If he didn't get sick before the ND game...ugh.
Great to se CJ back. For those that may not recall, he was diagnosed with a health condition that kept him from playing his senior year. He stayed with the team, and was a great supporter and teammate. Here is his bio from Hill College:

"Coris (CJ) Williams is beginning his second year as an assistant coach for the Hill College men's basketball team.
CJ is originally from Powder Springs, Georgia. He attended Hill College from 2013 to 2014, and was a player on the Rebel's basketball team under head coach Swede Trenkle. During his time at Hill College the men's basketball team went to the national tournament both years, and made it to the final four in his second year.
CJ transferred to Stephen F. Austin State University (SFA) in Nacogdoches, Texas, where he played basketball for head coach Brad Underwood for one year, and coached under head coach Kyle Keller for one year. During his career SFA went to March Madness and played in the Sweet Sixteen, won the Southland Conference Championship, and went 18-0.
CJ graduated from SFA in 2017 with Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology and a minor in Health Science.
"I am excited to be back at my alma mater, coaching with my former coach and mentor, and I am looking forward to a successful season.""
TallTexan
nacluth
Noncon schedulers:

SFAJack_76
No-look
Will we be deep or what.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

Roster is up. Looks like Badgley is back as a walk-on along with Russel Hyman. No surprises which is nice.

https://sfajacks.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/2020-21
Badgeley isn't on the roster now. Hyman still is.
SFAJack_76
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

Was he ever on the posted roster? He isn't now.
sfa17
BigJack85
Makes some sense if you think a therapy or vaccine is going to arrive in December.
TallTexan
nacluth
I'm not sure that we won 6 of the last 8 regular season titles, but I like how this guy views us.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

I'm not sure that we won 6 of the last 8 regular season titles, but I like how this guy views us.

Who's to say that in 700 years that this article might not be the only surviving record of college basketball.

Historically, maybe we did win 6 of 8.
SfaTke596
Anyone know what's up with Hart? I saw something on his social media saying "last night in Nac" ....haven't seen him with the other basketball guys....
cboothe09
Tweet no longer there
BigJack85
Hmmmmm.
TallTexan
Man, I hope we don't lose him.
No-look
I would think if he was leaving he would have left in the summer?
sfa17
Yeah if he leaves now I doubt he would be able to move to another D1 school Bc it's so late in the year.

Also how many people have left SFA and improved?

I really hope he is staying and maybe we are just misinterpreting tweet.
PurpleOut
Staff
SfaTke596 said:

Anyone know what's up with Hart? I saw something on his social media saying "last night in Nac" ....haven't seen him with the other basketball guys....

He's been in all of the workout videos and pics. Some just last week.
No-look
Hope everything is good. Could be a tweet that didn't come across right.
SFAJack_76
How many scheduled games does this impact? Baylor?
sfa17
Roti Ware Stephen F Austin 2019-2020 Highlight Montage

https://nextones.com/video/B1vk2mx8Q7w
cboothe09
Since that original post, I keep checking for Hart in the background and he has been noticeably absent. Checked the roster and he is no longer listed...
nacluth
I like our team, and I like what Keller has been able to do here. His one knock is ground up player development. Starting year five and Kevon is his only four year player. (Bain too, but his freshman year was during Underwood's last).

Oddyst made it the farthest reaching his junior year. We now have a sophomore and a red-shirt freshmen as the only returning high school recruits on the team. Maybe it's just a new era of basketball, but year five with recruits only from the previous year continues to bother me.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

I like our team, and I like what Keller has been able to do here. His one knock is ground up player development. Starting year five and Kevon is his only four year player. (Bain too, but his freshman year was during Underwood's last).

Oddyst made it the farthest reaching his junior year. We now have a sophomore and a red-shirt freshmen as the only returning high school recruits on the team. Maybe it's just a new era of basketball, but year five with recruits only from the previous year continues to bother me.
I don't like it either, but part is current realty. Verbal Commits has 1,021 D1 transfers. Roughly three per D1 school. Without doing any research, I don't think the transfers are unique to the Keller era.

I am trying to think of any transfer we have had in the last few years that played a meaningful role in their new school.
cboothe09
Mitch did well at TVCC before injury. I want to say Lasani Johnson went on to do well in Bossier and Grambling. Cam has preformed well when he is on the court, but yeah...

I agree transfers happen, but losing your top rated recruit three years in a row isn't good. Fortunately our recruiting depth is picking up...Getting Calvin and KJ in that last class is huge for us

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.