2020-2021 Lumberjack Basketball

178,465 Views | 1144 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TallTexan
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
SFA_03 said:

I hope those season ticket holders actually show up.
That's been the issue in the past is a ton of empty seats for season ticket holders.
Agreed. And I wouldn't count on it this season just because of COVID. There will be some that don't want to come out just because of that. And definitely limits the travel more for out of town people like myself.

As long as everyone attempts to transfer their tickets when they can't attend, that will help.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

Max capacity for this season is 2,000. Take away 371 single games, and maybe 300 for students (total guess), you're looking at around 1,200-1,400 season ticket seats?
200 students.

https://sfajacks.com/news/2020/11/5/mens-basketball-sfa-athletics-announces-covid-policies-for-william-r-johnson-coliseum-in-2020-21-season.aspx
SFAJack_76
Says we will have a replacement game for St. Bonaventure.
ljax1979
I'm putting my money on Delaware. The Blue Hens were supposed to play UMass on the 27th in "Bubbleville" and UMass has paused their season due to a positive Covid test.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
nacluth
Payback for Belfast.
SFA Jack Fanatic
The Dons are picked 5th in the WCC preseason poll. Their leader will be preseason All-WCC Jaymaree Bouyea, a senior guard who averaged 12.2 points, 3.5 assists, and 1.6 steals last year. The Dons were 22-12 last season, their 4th consecutive 20-win season.
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76
On the road.
CertifiedAxeman98
Seems like sfajacks.com should have times for the 3 upcoming games and a link to Flohoops. Having to manually add games to my calendar based on the Mohegan Sun website.
nacluth
I'll do a little Rhode Island write up tonight.
nacluth
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

Seems like sfajacks.com should have times for the 3 upcoming games and a link to Flohoops. Having to manually add games to my calendar based on the Mohegan Sun website.
I think the only change I have seen is that the San Francisco game on Thanksgiving was rolled back a little later to 2:00pm CST compared to what would have been an earlier St. Bonaventure game. So maybe you can get some tryptophan in first, and then watch the SFA game.

https://www.hoophall.com/events/bubbleville/schedule
RichieVan
College Madness has the Jacks ranked 114th on their Top 144 list. San Francisco is ranked 115.
#114 Stephen F. Austin Men's Basketball 2020-2021 Preview | College Sports Madness
SFAJack_76
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

And, now they are. The December 2, home opener has a time posted also.
SFAJack_76
What???
PurpleOut
Staff
Yeah I don't get it.
PurpleOut
Staff
If this ends up being true then Rhode Island needs to apologize to everyone. We've been preparing for this for weeks.

It's not like our teams ALL dropped out, they still have their 3 games scheduled.

Is there not a contract in place for these games?
CertifiedAxeman98
CertifiedAxeman98
We should get Arizona State then. They are the ones that started this domino.

Edit. So Arizona State backs out because they don't want to play #2 ranked Baylor over Scott Drew testing positive for Covid. Then Baylor backs out and Arizona State is back in. Then they take Rhode Island from us. I now hate Arizona State. Bobby Hurley is doing this to get back at SFA for us beating his alma mater Duke.
PurpleOut
Staff
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

We should get Arizona State then. They are the ones that start this domino.
They're already scheduled to play their games now though.

We don't have a game for Wednesday as of now.
TallTexan
Ridiculousness.
SFAJack_76
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

We should get Arizona State then. They are the ones that started this domino.

Edit. So Arizona State backs out because they don't want to play #2 ranked Baylor over Scott Drew testing positive for Covid. Then Baylor backs out and Arizona State is back in. Then they take Rhode Island from us. I now hate Arizona State. Bobby Hurley is doing this to get back at SFA for us beating his alma mater Duke.

Pull for the Ladyjacks to kick their ass in Tempe.
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

If this ends up being true then Rhode Island needs to apologize to everyone. We've been preparing for this for weeks.

Is there not a contract in place for these games?

This chaps the living H*** out of me!! There must have been a lot more money coming their way for changing mini-tournaments within the bubble. That's the only way I can see this happening. And I agree. Are there no contracts???
SFAJack_76
So, who do we get as a replacement? If we get one.
BigJack85
$$$$$$$$
SFAJack_76
Army replaces URI. Apparently we play San Francisco Wednesday.
PurpleOut
Staff
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Towson Thursday. Army must be Friday.
nacluth
Guess I'll chunk that write up and the couple of hours doing prep/listening to A10 podcasts. My write up is just going to be: San Francisco. Don d-don don DON.
nacluth
Well honestly my thoughts of a perfect non-conference run like some people had wished for was non-existent. My odds have now shot up to about 10%. I'm still leaning hard to at least two losses, but if we can get rolling I guess it's possible.

Losing the Rams and the Bonnies hurts our season SOS bad though.
BigJack85
I think the Don's will be pretty damn tough. They've been competitive (or better) the last few years and the WCC is as good as any mid major conference. Isn't the WCC typical rated 10 or 11 ?
SFAJack_76
nacluth
Now Ed is getting used as a news source?!? Now I know this season has gone to pot.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.