2020-2021 Lumberjack Basketball

178,782 Views | 1144 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TallTexan
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There is a weekly coaches chat on FB live that allows people to submit questions. I believe it is at noon on Tuesdays. Both John and Caleb generally ask questions. They are relatively sedate questions. .
nacluth
Thanks! I didn't know that as I'm not on Facebook. I'm glad to hear that they are continuing to try to expand access.
SFAJack_76
I'm not on FB either, but my wife is.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
LUMBERJACK2005
Anyone find out any more information on the Hart situation? I know he is gone or looks to be, just wanting to know what happened. Was it the player's decision to leave or was he told to find somewhere else? I kind of felt like this was going to happen when he committed, decommitted, and then ultimately signed, but once he made it through the season I felt like I was might have misjudged the young man. The timing of his departure makes me believe it wasn't his choice to leave.
cboothe09
This could be a lot of fun, and with the names being brought in, they will have another high quality mid-major I'm sure.
No-look
LUMBERJACK2005 said:

Anyone find out any more information on the Hart situation? I know he is gone or looks to be, just wanting to know what happened. Was it the player's decision to leave or was he told to find somewhere else? I kind of felt like this was going to happen when he committed, decommitted, and then ultimately signed, but once he made it through the season I felt like I was might have misjudged the young man. The timing of his departure makes me believe it wasn't his choice to leave.

By some of his tweets on Twitter he seems somewhat depressed. Wish him the best.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76 said:

There is a weekly coaches chat on FB live that allows people to submit questions. I believe it is at noon on Tuesdays. Both John and Caleb generally ask questions. They are relatively sedate questions. .
djsfw57
SFAJack_76 said:

Can someone explain what MTE means? Thanks!
SFA, Class of 1979
nacluth
Multi-team event. It means like a weekend/week mini-tournament. For scheduling purposes it allows the teams playing in them to add a couple more games to their schedule. Typically you can have 29 regular season games, but a MTE allows you to bump it up to 31. I have no idea what this year's limits are.
SFAJack_76
From NCAA yesterday.

"In men's basketball, teams can compete in a maximum of:
  • 25 regular-season games if a team does not participate in a multiple-team event
  • 25 regular-season games and one multiple-team event that includes up to two games
  • 24 regular-season games and one multiple-team event that includes up to three games
In women's basketball, teams can compete in a maximum of:
  • 25 regular-season games if a team does not compete in a multiple-team event
  • 23 regular-season games and one multiple-team event that includes up to four games"

Maximum of 27 games this season for both men and women.
cboothe09
I see they are also kicking around the idea of granting an extra year of eligibility for winter sport athletes. That could be HUGE for us...
PurpleOut
Staff
I've heard several schools have had to completely re-do their schedule. I'd expect very little of our previously scheduled games to remain at this point, or at best be rescheduled for a different date.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

I've heard several schools have had to completely re-do their schedule. I'd expect very little of our previously scheduled games to remain at this point, or at best be rescheduled for a different date.

Also wonder if there will be opportunities to catch a big time game on a few days notice?
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

Has our date with Kansas gone down the tubes?
jboy93
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

PurpleOut said:

For what it's worth, their website still has us on their schedule.
PurpleOut
Staff
jboy93 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

PurpleOut said:

I wouldn't put money on it happening.
PurpleOut
Staff
Quote:

2020/21 Capacity - Our COVID capacity limit has now been set at 3,475 fans due to social distance mandates. The only way to guarantee a seat is with a season ticket as single game availability will be impacted by student and visitor allocations.

SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

jboy93 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

PurpleOut said:

I wouldn't put money on it happening.
Agree.
sfa17
NCAA Basketball: Ranking all 357 D-I head coaches for 2020-21 season

https://bustingbrackets.com/2020/10/12/ncaa-basketball-ranking-all-357-d-i-head-coaches-for-2020-21-season/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

104. Kyle Keller (Stephen F. Austin) (Last year: 137)

Overall record: 88-41
Keller took over Stephen F. Austin after long stints in the Big 12 and SEC, on the staffs of schools like Texas and Texas A&M. Brad Underwood left the program in solid shape and Keller has only built on that. While his success has been dampened by the Lumberjack's recent allegations, but his team was 28-3 and upset #1 this season, about as good a season as any Southland program could imagine. It's a shame he couldn't lead them back to the NCAA Tournament.
PurpleOut
Staff
I noticed Posey sitting in street clothes in a video last week. Today's video has him sitting in the background with crutches. Don't see any boot or anything on his feet/legs, so hopefully it's not serious.

No-look
Seems like we are hampered with injuries way too often.
MaNilla4L
Did i miss something here?

http://mclennanathletics.com/sports/mbkb/2020-21/bios/hart_sama-zha_iufj

No announcement?

Somebody tell me I am wrong, and this is an internet hoax
SFAXE93
He has been gone from us for awhile now.
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
SFAJack_76
Current men's basketball roster.

https://sfajacks.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

Seems like we are hampered with injuries way too often.

I think our practices are not your average run-of-the-mill practices. You're right. Under Keller, we've undoubtedly had more injuries during practices than during games. (That's not a criticism.)
SFA Jack Fanatic
Coach K said that we should have a preliminary schedule within the next week or so, but that schedule will be fluid. He said that he'd be very surprised if we get to play a full 27 games regular season.
SFAJack_76
The other coach K (Kellogg) said much the same.

Just like it has been with the fall sports, a schedule is simply a starting point. I would love to be wrong, but I expect basketball schedules to be very fluid.
SFAJack_76
No-look
SFAJack_76 said:

I have three sets of season tickets this year. Hope We get to use them.
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look
Any word on players health? Posey off crutches?
wahlwesle
I don't have any inside info, but Posey was in the last hype video without crutches. It didn't look like he was practicing, but he didn't look seriously injured either.
LUMBERJACK2005
Looks like he's getting another shot:

https://pvpanthers.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/cam-mack/4702

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.