2020-2021 Lumberjack Basketball

178,966 Views | 1144 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TallTexan
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
ULM got DESTROYED at by Grambling last night. At home.
nacluth
Hopefully our one headshaker of the season.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Important day as the team returns, and all players, coaches, and managers get tested. Hoping that SLC play starts in a week.
No-look
PurpleOut said:

ULM got DESTROYED at by Grambling last night. At home.
Didn't SLU just beat Grambling by seven? Hopefully all our players will be healthy and and ready to make a run. Posey should be back unless he is out for the season.
No-look
And how will the layoff effect us against Southeastern since they have been playing?
SFAJack_76
No-look said:

And how will the layoff effect us against Southeastern since they have been playing?
1-7 UNO on Saturday. They last played December 21.
nacluth
UNO is terrible this year, and I like them. If we lose this game, then it's time to panic.
TallTexan

I'm becoming more and more convinced we should take that penalty this year.
No-look
The penalty should be dropped. Too many uncertainties for every team.
SFASawmillGuy
TallTexan said:

I'm becoming more and more convinced we should take that penalty this year.

If possible absolutely, but I don't think it is at this point.
SFAJack_76
If we apply for the post season ban to be this year, what message are you sending to the seniors? Please remember this is about what is best for the student-athletes.

TallTexan
No-look said:

The penalty should be dropped. Too many uncertainties for every team.
This is true.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

If we apply for the post season ban to be this year, what message are you sending to the seniors? Please remember this is about what is best for the student-athletes.

A kid from Florida nearly died from what is a known Covid complication, NCAA is pushing ahead when games are being cancelled every week and a vaccine widespread distribution for our athletes will probably fall in the April to June tranche.

I think arguing to take the penalty this season makes sense bc I'm not sure college basketball has a postseason. And I'm not sure it's safe with the numbers we're seeing.
SFASawmillGuy
TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

A kid from Florida nearly died from what is a known Covid complication, NCAA is pushing ahead when games are being cancelled every week and a vaccine widespread distribution for our athletes will probably fall in the April to June tranche.

I think arguing to take the penalty this season makes sense bc I'm not sure college basketball has a postseason. And I'm not sure it's safe with the numbers we're seeing.

Not to mention the seniors will get another chance. They'll have another year for eligibility if they so choose. Why not take this season as a wash and look at 2021-2022 as a better year with more depth?
PurpleOut
Staff
This is essentially a fake season for me. It's hard to get excited about anything knowing each game has a 50/50 chance to be cancelled. Teams are changing schedules last minute, some aren't able to practice for WEEKS and then having to play. Whatever, it's just frustrating.

With that said, I'm hoping we'll get this weekends game in, as I'm planning to drive down.
BigJack85
PurpleOut said:

This is essentially a fake season for me. It's hard to get excited about anything knowing each game has a 50/50 chance to be cancelled. Teams are changing schedules last minute, some aren't able to practice for WEEKS and then having to play. Whatever, it's just frustrating.

With that said, I'm hoping we'll get this weekends game in, as I'm planning to drive down.

I hoe we get this season in. Even with the warts. Hopefully we can enter 21'-22' on an upswing with the completion of the basketball performance center. Maybe the 21'-22' is just a tuneup for us entering the WAC.
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth
So free rally towels for all Ladyjacks fans? Their crowds have been light and they are good. Oh well. I'll be there cheering them on.
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth said:

So free rally towels for all Ladyjacks fans? Their crowds have been light and they are good. Oh well. I'll be there cheering them on.
I'm coming down, not sure what time yet.
SFAJack_76
Original tweet was deleted because it didn't have times.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

Exactly what I told my wife. Ladyjack attendance had been under 500, so no problem being among the first 500.
SFAJack_76
Due to Corpus COVID issues.
SFAJack_76
This is a big deal.
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

This is a big deal.

Very BIG. Future WAC conference showdown.
CertifiedAxeman98
It is easier for me to come up on Sunday than on Saturday so this is great. But it looks like they left the women's game on Saturday? That sucks. I wanted to watch both games back to back. They would have a larger attendance for the both games if they played back to back like they did this past Saturday. If you are driving 3 hours up and 3 hours home to see a game like I am, then you are not going to do it 2 days in a row.
TallTexan
Ok that definitely sucks.
cboothe09
One game in a calendar month...This sucks...
Pilotgirl
nacluth
D2 but we'll take it.
SFAJack_76
Game got finalized about 6:15 this evening.
PurpleOut
Staff
I believe we've been trying to add a few extra games, we're still behind where we should be.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

Midwestern is 5-1, so they're not going to be pushovers.
SFASawmillGuy
MSU just upset #9 St. edwards and shoots very very well. We will really need to be on our game.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.