2020-2021 Lumberjack Basketball

178,974 Views | 1144 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TallTexan
SFASawmillGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hopefully by the summer the vaccine will be more readily available to the public and we'll start to see normalcy returning.
I just got my second dose this week and man did it suck, but man will it be worth it to have live sports, music, and to be able to travel again.
jboy93
Does anyone know about the ticket situation at Prison Tech. My daughter and I are getting tickets and hopefully we will see a lot of purple!
jboy93
I guess my real question is everything general admission because I want to be sitting with other purple clad folks!
PurpleOut
Staff
Sam only allows just over 1,000 fans per game, and seemingly a little more strict than us. But similar in that it's reserved seating only.

So there won't be a chance of the same PurpleOut game and section that we have there normally, but there are tickets available that I suggest everyone get ASAP if they are wanting to go.

Their normal GA sections say Sold Out, but I checked the other games and they sold out as well (we know they aren't selling out anything). Most of the tickets are going to be in the upper bowl. I say just get what you can and yell loud!

https://tkt.xosn.com/tickets/BuyTickets.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=19900&_mode_=EVENT&SALE_TKT_EVENT_ID=1056023&SALE_TKT_PERFORMER_ID=91978&SALE_TKT_SALE_CATEGORIES_ID=96240&stage=seat_reservation
nacluth
Purchased mine for section N.
CertifiedAxeman98
We got our tickets when Sam started selling single game tickets which has been a while. So we have ours and will be there with my parents (Sam grads). House divided.
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth said:

Purchased mine for section N.
I'll tweet out that Section N is the place to be.
jboy93
Purchase complete! GO JACKS!
jboy93
Any word on Roti's back injury?
SFA Jack Fanatic
jboy93 said:

Back injury??? He got hurt again?
jboy93
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

jboy93 said:

Thought that was why he missed the last game...
SFA Jack Fanatic
jboy93 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

jboy93 said:

Thought that was why he missed the last game...

My bad. I was thinking Posey when you asked that rather than Roti. As Roseanne Rosannadanna would say... Never mind.
PurpleForever
jboy93 said:

Been curious myself. Plays a big role on this team!
No-look
Only one commitment for next year and haven't heard much from offers. Could that possibly mean some of our seniors might be back next year?
SFAJack_76
Two days to practice before our game Monday.
nacluth
They don't need it. I think they are pretty much what they are this year.
nacluth
Did we make it down to the Big Easy before the storm?
TallTexan
nacluth said:

I hope so. Otherwise might as well call it in.

I'm worried it won't be safe to make it from NOLA to Ark.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

No-look
Hope to get to watch some of it. Power goes on and off.
PurpleOut
Staff
UIW game Saturday has been cancelled and not being rescheduled.

I'm about done with this season.
RedRiverLa
So that was the last Saturday home game for the season?
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
SFAJack_76
RedRiverLa said:

So that was the last Saturday home game for the season?
For both men and women.
RedRiverLa
dang. I really wanted to see the women one more time in a doubleheader.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
PurpleOut
Staff
Yep, was my last opportunity to see them this year in person.
SFA Jack Fanatic
When/If the Lamar DH happens on the 27th in Beaumont, I 'll be there.
SFAJack_76
nacluth
Well we knew it would happen but it's still sad. Even if it will be for the best.
Rev007
It's a blessing to ask for punishment to be postponed and it be granted and then to turn around and make a request that it be meted out as originally agreed and it be granted. Long sentence

I'm perfectly fine with us taking it on the chin this year. After all, it's a crazy and crappy year in sports. My biggest concern is retaining 4 or 5 of our seniors for next year. We have a good team, but not as strong as last year. If we lose our best players, what is next year, a rebuild?

Let's hope Posey can get on the court and that he will be a difference maker. Likewise, Nana should benefit from the experiences he had this year and improve on certain deficiencies during the offseason. The weight room and the cafeteria should be his hangouts.

Coach Mason, please work your magic and bring in a couple of juco players who can shoot and handle the ball while playing tough on ball defense. I know that is a lot to ask, but I believe in Coach Mason and Coach Keller. Two years ago, they performed miracles and retooled a bad team into a great team.
TallTexan
I hope we can retain our seniors.

We'd be down bad next season without Gavin, David, & Cam. The difference is probably between a team that would be an atlarge bubble and one that's a WAC top 3 team. With a real offseason for the seniors & transfers & Posey/Nana/Calvin getting another year in the system, this team could be something special.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I've got to think that the coaches are out beating the bushes to get some JUCO talent and/or from the transfer portal. We could use a big, a shooting guard, and a PG. That's not asking for too much, is it?

I rather doubt that they're looking for another HS recruit, since we have Posey and that excellent recruit Tezeno from Louisiana coming in (#1 player in that state!). We need some guys with some experience at the college level.

But like others have said, I sure hope some of our seniors decide to come back for a shot at a WAC title and a trip to the Big Dance.
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I've got to think that the coaches are out beating the bushes to get some JUCO talent and/or from the transfer portal. We could use a big, a shooting guard, and a PG. That's not asking for too much, is it?

I rather doubt that they're looking for another HS recruit, since we have Posey and that excellent recruit Tezeno from Louisiana coming in (#1 player in that state!). We need some guys with some experience at the college level.

But like others have said, I sure hope some of our seniors decide to come back for a shot at a WAC title and a trip to the Big Dance.

I'm with you fanatic, the frosting on the cake would be Gavin and Cam taking one more swing with Kalcheries and Keller.
wahlwesle
Personally, I would rather see Roti come back than David. If they both come back that would be great, but I think Roti is a difference maker in most games he plays in.
No-look
wahlwesle said:

Personally, I would rather see Roti come back than David. If they both come back that would be great, but I think Roti is a difference maker in most games he plays in.
David has upped his game from last year. Lots of assists and points. I feel more comfortable when he's in the game. Wish both would come back.
Jacks4460
Roti gonna lead us at the WAC tourney next year in Vegas .. That is gonna be so dang fun.. Lumberjack Nation gonna bring the heat I can promise..

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.