2020-2021 Lumberjack Basketball

178,956 Views | 1144 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TallTexan
Jacks4460
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have a feeling all our Srs are coming back..
SFASawmillGuy
Man. SFA's Barstool page really stuck its foot in its own mouth.
SFAJack_76
Jacks4460 said:

Roti gonna lead us at the WAC tourney next year in Vegas .. That is gonna be so dang fun.. Lumberjack Nation gonna bring the heat I can promise..
This pleases me.

I can't chose between David and Roti, because they don't play the same position. David is primarily a PG, while Roti is primarily a SG. Would love to see both back. Probably a whole different thread to start to dig into thoughts about the 2021-2022 Jacks. There are so many unknowns right now.
SFAJack_76
SFA_03 said:

Man. SFA's Barstool page really stuck its foot in its own mouth.
Indeed. For those that didn't see it.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks4460 said:

Got any inside info to back that up, 4460?
Jacks4460
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Jacks4460 said:

Got any inside info to back that up, 4460?
AxeEm... I would bet Coach has already broken it down for the Srs. this year and they made the decision to use this year of free eligibility help catch up on grades (another year for their degree) and serve their suspension for something they had no part of.. Come back next season and blow the WAC up.. Cam and Gavin could be ALL Conference candidates next year in the WAC and they get to hone their skills another year under coach Keller and staff and they get to ENJOY A NEW 23 Million dollar facility thanks to alot of wealthier SFA donors... this is a win win and says so much about Ivey and crew... They did the right thing in reporting and now look come next year we are gonna be a TOP 25 MBB team with WAC TV exposure and revenue..
sfa17
also the lack of offers and signings for next season is a good sign. unless we are planning on signing 5 juco players in the next few months
SFASawmillGuy
Generally I think mid majors or FCS schools have a much higher chance of retaining seniors for an additional senior year, as many of our players won't have a shot at the pros and therefore want to play as long as possible. So the odds of us keeping our seniors in basketball at least are high I think.
But some seniors may not want to put the rest of their lives on hold. You're essentially asking them to stay in school for an extra year, take basically useless classes and put any future career or life plans they may have had prior to COVID on hold. For me, because I loved playing football so much, it would've been a no brained, hell yeah I'd be back. But I could see for some people their done being a college kid and want to start their life.
Jacks4460
I like it gives a kid another year to get their degree and succeed in life thats a big positive..
sfa17
Jacks4460 said:

I like it gives a kid another year to get their degree and succeed in life thats a big positive..
and having graduated a few years ago .. adulting isnt that fun lol
MasterAxe
"Come back and let's wreck the WAC and you get to enjoy a $24 million facility first."

That's a hell of a pitch.
No-look
Can you imagine keeping this team with another year of experience and adding Posey and Tezeno? Makes me weak in the knees. Lol
Jacks4460
No-look said:

Can you imagine keeping this team with another year of experience and adding Posey and Tezeno? Makes me weak in the knees. Lol

Better get you some knee braces...
No-look
MasterAxe said:

"Come back and let's wreck the WAC and you get to enjoy a $24 million facility first."

What would be good slogan for next year?
Jack the WAC or Nac the WAC? Trying to be creative. Lol
Jacks4460
MasterAxe said:

I thought so myself.. it's only fair for them to reap the benefits of our new Basketball Facility..
No-look
Jacks4460 said:

No-look said:

whatever it takes.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks4460 said:

No-look said:

Post of the day!
SFAJack_76
No-look
Will the UIW game be made up or is it gone?
nacluth
No-look said:

Word is it's gone.
No-look
nacluth said:

No-look said:

Word is it's gone.
Tie breaker puzzle should be a doozie.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

No-look said:

Word is it's gone.
It's gone. UIW has had so many postponements that they don't have any open dates.
No-look
SFAJack_76 said:

nacluth said:

No-look said:

Word is it's gone.
It's gone. UIW has had so many postponements that they don't have any open dates.
so it should count as a W for us?
SFAJack_76
No-look said:

SFAJack_76 said:

nacluth said:

No-look said:

Word is it's gone.
so it should count as a W for us?
No, but we get one point!

https://www.southland.org/news/2021/2/3/general-southland-announces-regular-season-tiebreakers-participation-minimums.aspx
PurpleOut
Staff
Right now we are 3rd at 9-1, and Nicholls is in 4th at 10-2. If the season ended today, and we were eligible for the tourney, they would get seeded above us based on points. Lol.
SFASawmillGuy
I don't even want to think about the nightmare that will be the NCAA tournament if one of the teams tests positive the day before or the day of their game.
Best to have us make a go at a normal tournament next year.
SFAJack_76
SFA_03 said:

I don't even want to think about the nightmare that will be the NCAA tournament if one of the teams tests positive the day before or the day of their game.
Best to have us make a go at a normal tournament next year.
Absolutely!
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
Headed to Beaumont to witness a twin killing. Who's with me? Pilot, you coming?
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Headed to Beaumont to witness a twin killing. Who's with me? Pilot, you coming?

Inwas planning on it, Fanatic but had some chronic pain issues flare up yesterday. I'll be cheering from home! Still might make the Sam games but will definitely be at Katy for the women!
Pilotgirl
I really wish the ACU game was on a Saturday because that is a game I want to see in person, especially now that I'm fully vaccinated! Stupid work.
sfa17

Not sure how true this is. This twitter account is followed by both coach Cox, coach Mason and Jeff Goodman. But New Mexico (not state) are looking at Keller. Acu's coach also in the mix
jboy93
I'm assuming the Wednesday start is at 8 because of tv? That's going to be hard to make with an hour and a half drive! Sadly...
jboy93
Never mind. See that it's a midweek doubleheader.
PurpleOut
Staff
sfa17 said:

Not sure how true this is. This twitter account is followed by both coach Cox, coach Mason and Jeff Goodman. But New Mexico (not state) are looking at Keller. Acu's coach also in the mix
Seems accurate from what I can find.

That's definitely a good gig.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.