2020-2021 Lumberjack Basketball

178,942 Views | 1144 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TallTexan
Jacks4460
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jboy93 said:

"Makes New Mexico seem pretty great"...

This is something that crossed my mind! Sadly
Its real... something is goin on...
nacluth
TallTexan
nacluth said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Heckard is gone??
I posted in the game thread that he was gone from the roster. I noticed he wasn't on the sidelines, and sure enough our roster website guy was Johnny on the spot. Who knows?

Didn't I see that he was student athlete of the week though during the women's game?
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks4460 said:

jboy93 said:

Explain the New Mexico reference. (I hope it's not what I think it is.)
jboy93
Rumors that they might be looking at Keller!
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Jacks4460 said:

jboy93 said:

Explain the New Mexico reference. (I hope it's not what I think it is.)

Great place to vacation, ok place to live.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Was there a Senior recognition after the game? (Considering what transpired, I'm guessing not...) If so, was there any indication of anyone staying or going?
Before the game. The unusual thing for me is that there was no family. Of course, it's a long trip for family for every one of those five with Arkansas and Mississippi being the closest. Particularly for a Wednesday game.
PurpleOut
Staff
SFAJack_76 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Was there a Senior recognition after the game? (Considering what transpired, I'm guessing not...) If so, was there any indication of anyone staying or going?
Before the game. The unusual thing for me is that there was no family. Of course, it's a long trip for family for every one of those five with Arkansas and Mississippi being the closest. Particularly for a Wednesday game.
Probably because of COVID. Only certain personnel are allowed within a certain distance from the court.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

SFAJack_76 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Probably because of COVID. Only certain personnel are allowed within a certain distance from the court.
They were there for the three Ladyjacks.
Pilotgirl
Here's 1 question answered
SFA Jack Fanatic
This is one player that I sort of expected to go, but I'm still heartbroken.
Pilotgirl
I really hate to see him go
No-look
Hoping he would stay.
Sfa05
Any names of seniors leaving/transfer?
PurpleOut
Staff
Sfa05 said:

Any names of seniors leaving/transfer?
I'm not expecting any to return.
ljax1979
If that's the case PurpleOut than I wonder why SFA pushed for the NCAA Tournament ban to take place this year? 75% of our scoring is coming from Seniors. I understand that in the past Keller has filled the roster in with JUCO's but it doesn't make sense if we're losing so much and having a significant rebuild next year. Then again...this is reading WAY too much into it....did Ivey expect that Keller was going to leave after this season and it's much easier finding a new coach without any upcoming NCAA restrictions?
nacluth
Just to come back with late info, Nicholls won last night to clinch the season title. A win by Sam tomorrow will give them a share as well.

Doesn't make it hurt less, but Wednesday's loss wouldn't have changed season's outcome. Nicholls got the helping hand and took advantage of it.
nacluth
ljax1979 said:

If that's the case PurpleOut than I wonder why SFA pushed for the NCAA Tournament ban to take place this year? 75% of our scoring is coming from Seniors. I understand that in the past Keller has filled the roster in with JUCO's but it doesn't make sense if we're losing so much and having a significant rebuild next year. Then again...this is reading WAY too much into it....did Ivey expect that Keller was going to leave after this season and it's much easier finding a new coach without any upcoming NCAA restrictions?
79, I think this has been the conundrum for fans ever since it was announced. It seemed to be packaged up with the WAC news, so I have always assumed that it was to go to a new conference with no strings attached. There's still hope someone will return, but it's always been hope.
SFA Jack Fanatic
ljax1979 said:

.this is reading WAY too much into it....did Ivey expect that Keller was going to leave after this season and it's much easier finding a new coach without any upcoming NCAA restrictions?
You're right. This part of your comment is reading WAY too much into it.
SFAJack_76
Too many unknowns this season with the pandemic. Will the SLC tournament be completed? Will the NCAA tournament be completed? Down a scholarship, restricted practice time due to Covid and sanctions. Rip the bandaid off, and hope for a normal season next year. No doubt, the move to the WAC was also a factor.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

ljax1979 said:

.this is reading WAY too much into it....did Ivey expect that Keller was going to leave after this season and it's much easier finding a new coach without any upcoming NCAA restrictions?
Agree. That had nothing to do with it.
Jacks4460
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

ljax1979 said:

I sure hope so.. I just feel something is up..
cboothe09
Nicholls clinched at least a share of the regular season title. The Southland conveniently left that off their post. If Sam were to win on Saturday they would tie, with Sam clinching the #1 seed due to sweeping their season series.
SFAJack_76
Jacks4460 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

ljax1979 said:

I sure hope so.. I just feel something is up..
To be clear, I don't know that Keller won't leave. I am confident that possibility didn't have anything to do with requesting the post season ban to be moved up to this season.
ljax1979
I'm confident you don't know for sure that it wasn't at least considered.
cboothe09
To make it funnier, ole Tom made an appearance in Lake Charles to deliver the trophy to Nicholls.

There was no sign of him in Nacogdoches last week...I feel like he won't be in Huntsville either tomorrow...
djsfw57
nacluth said:

Just to come back with late info, Nicholls won last night to clinch the season title. A win by Sam tomorrow will give them a share as well.

Doesn't make it hurt less, but Wednesday's loss wouldn't have changed season's outcome. Nicholls got the helping hand and took advantage of it.
I HATE the southland. I cannot wait to be rid of that piece of crap conference forever.
SFA, Class of 1979
Sfa05
Pilot girl, I can see what you posted on this thread. Who is leaving?
PurpleOut
Staff
ljax1979 said:

Maybe looking too much into it, but it's fine. Unfortunately it's just not a good situation, either way we are getting punished and a lot of players get impacted. That's the bottom line for me I think, both options suck.

I like this option better, because as others have mentioned, we don't know how the rest of this season will play out. What happens if we got someone with COVID next week and couldn't play in the conference tournament? And of course there's no guarantee of going to the real postseason any time. So I'm fine taking it now and reloading for a new WAC adventure.

I think expecting any of the guys to come back, at any point, has been a stretch. But that's just my opinion.
cboothe09
I don't like commenting on who will/wont be back next year until the season ends. Just want to support the guys while they are here and not wonder/worry about what is next.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if we were looking at 8 new faces next year...
Pilotgirl
Sfa05 said:

Cam
SFA Jack Fanatic
Sfa05 said:

Cam Johnson.
SFA Jack Fanatic
djsfw57 said:

nacluth said:

I HATE the southland. I cannot wait to be rid of that piece of crap conference forever.

Amen to that!
Jacks4460
cboothe09 said:

I don't like commenting on who will/wont be back next year until the season ends. Just want to support the guys while they are here and not wonder/worry about what is next.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if we were looking at 8 new faces next year...
Yep if current staff goes to the Lobos... I would bet IF that does happen Tezeno is gone with em..
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks4460 said:

cboothe09 said:

Yep if current staff goes to the Lobos... I would bet IF that does happen Tezeno is gone with em..
Bite your tongue, 4460!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.