2020-2021 Lumberjack Basketball

178,926 Views | 1144 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TallTexan
No-look
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone know what Posey's injury is and how long he will be out?
ljax1979
Interesting to see how many non-Power 5 conferences are going with back to back dates for games....I was surprised to see that the Southland didn't do something similar....or maybe I'm not!
LUMBERJACK2005
ljax1979 said:

Interesting to see how many non-Power 5 conferences are going with back to back dates for games....I was surprised to see that the Southland didn't do something similar....or maybe I'm not!
I saw where we are one of the few one bid leagues to decide NOT to play back - to - back at the same site for conference games.
cboothe09
Checked the basketball schedule to see if there were any potential tailgating games, and it looks like it has changed some already. Conference play looks like it has shifted around from what was originally released...

That said, Saturday, January 30 at home against Sam looks awfully enticing for a tailgating setup...
PurpleOut
Staff
cboothe09 said:

Checked the basketball schedule to see if there were any potential tailgating games, and it looks like it has changed some already. Conference play looks like it has shifted around from what was originally released...

That said, Saturday, January 30 at home against Sam looks awfully enticing for a tailgating setup...
I'm always in.
TallTexan
nacluth
Looks like Jack Madness is going to be student only.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
Good to hear that Rob Myers will be on the microphone. It should be a much better show this year than last.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

A wonderful ending...
SFA Jack Fanatic
St. Bonaventure is picked 4th and Rhode Island 6th in the preseason A-10 poll.
PurpleOut
Staff
I've seen the Bonnies as high as 2 from some people. Going to be a very tough game.
No-look
nacluth said:

Looks like Jack Madness is going to be student only.
Hope it's heavily promoted. If not attendance will be very low.
SFAJack_76

ljax1979
First three games are set with times/TV

Wednesday, Nov. 25

Rhode Island vs. Stephen F. Austin | 11:30 a.m. (FloSports)

Thursday, Nov. 26

St. Bonaventure vs. Stephen F. Austin | 1:30 p.m. (FloSports)

Friday, Nov. 27

Towson vs. Stephen F. Austin | 2:00 p.m. (FloSports)
nacluth
Good ol' FloSports...Wait what?
TallTexan
What's flosports run these days?
PurpleOut
Staff
$12.50/mo
PurpleOut
Staff
TallTexan
Makes me wonder how much we make off of ESPN streaming per year.

I wouldn't be opposed to all SFA games being on a different service if the quality was good and the money was better than we get now.
SFASawmillGuy
SFA all access was certainly much better quality wise than what we have now, so I wouldn't be opposed.
But ESPN3 does give SFA infinitely more exposure. With how widespread ESPN3 is now SFA games are watched by tons of people who are just flipping through games trying to find one of watch. On Reddit you'll see fans of other schools and stuff commenting about the SFA games.
TallTexan
Definitely agree there, the market access is substantial.

And I doubt the money would be all that much better.

In my mind, the only way I'd want to flip for more money is if a brand like Netflix started to get into the live sports game. And that's only because the first mover advantage would be huge while the power conferences waited for their existing deals to expire. That's a pipe dream though.
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

$12.50/mo

I read through user comments about the FloSports app in the Google Play Store, and many of them are saying that FloSports advertises their services as $12.50 a month, but they actually lock you in for a full year after they have your credit card info. They are saying that they can only get out of the service at renewal time, which is at 12 months and not 1 month.

I don't know the accuracy of what they are saying, but I'm guessing that they may have unwittingly signed up for a yearly plan rather than a monthly plan. Just to check, I navigated over to the FloSports website, and their Terms of Service mentions both monthly and yearly plans in the section about canceling service.

Anyway, if you decide to sign up with them, be careful to sign up for the monthly plan, and be sure to cancel the plan before the end of the first month if you're only signing up to watch the Jacks. That's what I'll be doing.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Purple, I assume that these are Central times, correct?
PurpleOut
Staff
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Purple, I assume that these are Central times, correct?
Probably EST.

Matt Norlander put out an article yesterday with a full list of games at the Mohegan Sun. It doesn't say but I assume since the games are being played in EST that the times posted are also EST.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-schedule-bubbleville-at-mohegan-sun-will-include-almost-40-teams-and-45-games-in-11-days/
PurpleOut
Staff
Posey in the background on a bike today. Dressed out but not participating in full contact drills. Hopefully a good sign.

nacluth
Looks good. Nice to see those big men working. Is Gavin going to be our team leader?
SFAXE93
Nana has got some major wing span.

After some more time in the weight room, he should be a force inside if not already.

Looks like David Robinson in this picture.
PurpleOut
Staff
Luckily we have some good size and experience ahead of him, but I wouldn't mind burning his redshirt if it would help him. Even just a few minutes a game if he can get a block or two.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Luckily we have some good size and experience ahead of him, but I wouldn't mind burning his redshirt if it would help him. Even just a few minutes a game if he can get a block or two.

Wonder if they'd give a free pass like they did with football.
wahlwesle
SFAXE93 said:

Nana has got some major wing span.

After some more time in the weight room, he should be a force inside if not already.

Looks like David Robinson in this picture.

It looks like Posey is in workout clothes in this pic too.
PurpleOut
Staff
Yeah in one of the last posts he was fully dressed and standing, no boot or anything. Which seems like he's getting closer.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

Yeah in one of the last posts he was fully dressed and standing, no boot or anything. Which seems like he's getting closer.
Believe Posey has been cleared for non contact practice.

Johnson appears to be okay.
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

Huh? Why would he have to burn his redshirt? This is a "free" year anyway, right?
SFAXE93

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.