2020-2021 Lumberjack Basketball

178,987 Views | 1144 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TallTexan
No-look
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Man, we've got a critical stretch of games coming up in the next week -- Ark State, LSU-S, SELA, and Paul Quinn. All at home.

We're about to find out just what this team is really made of... Will Jekyll or Hyde show up?
Jekyll will be in the house!
TallTexan
Unfortunately a far more sinister villian was in the house.

TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

Well, this is good.

According to a source in the program, Keller draws up the best out of timeout plays he's ever seen. They told me that years ago and it seems to hold true.
PurpleOut
Staff
I hate this season.
nacluth
The Grinch
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

I hate this season.

I enjoy any and all basketball but this truly sucks. And with cases skyrocketing this may be our norm every two or 3 weeks until regular folks are in line for vaccines.
nacluth
All four pre-Christmas games gone. First two for sure will not be rescheduled.
SFAJack_76
As bad as this makes me feel, I can only imagine what the players and coaches are going through. Damn it.
nacluth
At least we can be rid of this year soon. Let's turn the corner in 2021.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76 said:

Hopefully nothing, but ....

Concerns confirmed ...
PurpleOut
Staff
They probably won't tell us, but we have to assume this is because of Baylor. Baylor shut down just a day or two after playing us.

Just another reason that game was a bad idea.
nacluth
I am now choosing to believe that COVID is why we sucked so bad in Saturday's game and is completely responsible for our guard play.
No-look
I guess COVID killed the flu?
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

They probably won't tell us, but we have to assume this is because of Baylor. Baylor shut down just a day or two after playing us.

Just another reason that game was a bad idea.
I don't assume that.
BigJack85
corleycl
Can our post-season ban be for this season....since it may not happen anyway?
SFAXE93
I don't see why not, they let it happen for football.
SFASawmillGuy
Unfortunately SFA made it clear they wanted the postseason ban for basketball to be next year specifically for the seniors this year.
Yeah the seniors will be granted an extra year of eligibility after this year but it's looking like many of our seniors will not be taking advantage of that extra year.
PurpleOut
Staff
SFA_03 said:

Unfortunately SFA made it clear they wanted the postseason ban for basketball to be next year specifically for the seniors this year.
Yeah the seniors will be granted an extra year of eligibility after this year but it's looking like many of our seniors will not be taking advantage of that extra year.
I think they may play next year. It just wont be with us more than likely.
SFAJack_76
corleycl said:

Can our post-season ban be for this season....since it may not happen anyway?

We would have to petition the Committee on Academics again, since they granted our original request to delay it to next year.

No idea what the timing would have to be. Plus, how unfortunate would it be to do that, and then get the SLC automatic bid.
PurpleOut
Staff
I think there is a decent chance that some conferences may not have conference tournaments this year, and send their regular season champ in as the auto bid.

So much unknown, but I don't have faith in the SLC to do anything that makes sense.

And with that, and schools like McNeese that can skate by without have to play us, ACU, Sam AND Corpus...we're in for overall disappointment and chaos.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

I think there is a decent chance that some conferences may not have conference tournaments this year, and send their regular season champ in as the auto bid.

So much unknown, but I don't have faith in the SLC to do anything that makes sense.

And with that, and schools like McNeese that can skate by without have to play us, ACU, Sam AND Corpus...we're in for overall disappointment and chaos.

I say we take the LSU route and self-impose the ban if it becomes clear that we won't make it anyway.
No-look
Wondering if Posey will be ready when we resume play? Anyone have any updates on him?
Rev007
I hope he can provide the upgrade at point.
Pilotgirl
Just hopping on here: Our Ladyjacks beat their first Power 5 school (Auburn) since 2014-2015 last night! If you missed it, you sure did miss a great game! This team is special, for sure...hoping I can make a game over the holiday break
jboy93
Don't we have to find a game or two to play before we start conference? I would hate to play New Orleans after such a long break with nothing but practice.
SFAJack_76
jboy93
SFAJack_76 said:

jboy93 said:

Don't we have to find a game or two to play before we start conference? I would hate to play New Orleans after such a long break with nothing but practice.
2:00 Saturday, and 2:00 Monday at WRJ
LSU-S doesn't have a game until Jan 7 so surely they could reschedule that one.
nacluth
I guess it's possible. Depends how long the pause needs to be. I guess Wed 30th would be the most likely date, but smack dab in the middle of break may be hard find someone.
SFAJack_76
jboy93 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

jboy93 said:

2:00 Saturday, and 2:00 Monday at WRJ
LSU-S doesn't have a game until Jan 7 so surely they could reschedule that one.
Sorry. I got out of whack seeing the Ladyjack post. I don't know that the men will try to get a game in before NO. They probably won't practice until after Christmas.
SFAJack_76
nacluth
Ask and you shall receive
cboothe09
After dropping winnable games to Arizona State and Houston, I am glad to see them break through and get a big-time win.

The pieces seem to be in place to set up for a special run. Not only for this year, but hopefully we can get a Blair-esque run out of Kellogg. While I don't expect to host a regional in Nac one day, I would love to see us be regulars in the Sweet 16 again...
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

I guess it's possible. Depends how long the pause needs to be. I guess Wed 30th would be the most likely date, but smack dab in the middle of break may be hard find someone.
Suspect this is correct. If you could find a game, would you want one that close to the UNO game? Maybe not.
Pilotgirl
That Houston game was neck and neck & a GREAT game to watch in person...we were on the verge then. Sure, it was a winnable game but the guys should've beat ULM, too. Returning to the Ladyjacks thread now... LOL

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.