2020-2021 Lumberjack Basketball

177,307 Views | 1144 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TallTexan
Sfa05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Why is Cam unhappy? Makes sense since he was non existent for a stretch. What did he say?
SFA Jack Fanatic
Sfa05 said:

Why is Cam unhappy? Makes sense since he was non existent for a stretch. What did he say?
Just a guess, but I don't think he's unhappy about his time at SFA. His family in Arkansas has gone through a lot of bad things in the last year or so... death in the family, losing all power in the winter storm, the virus affecting two family members. I just think he wants to go home. I think his heart is in the right place. Cam seems to be a great human being.

Again, just a guess.
PurpleOut
Staff
Yeah, I don't think it has anything to do with him being unhappy at/with SFA. He's definitely been through a lot while he's been here.

If you couldn't see his tweet, this is what he said:

Quote:

Bitter sweet moment

@SFASU
I would give it all to have another game in front of y'all & to put that white jersey on again

I appreciate y'all for allowing me to give y'all my talents for the two years Ive been here. I wanna thank my family for the love and support

No-look
Everything is pure speculation as of now. Keller will eventually leave as it's the nature of the business. I would think when he does he would leave the program in the best shape possible. I believe if he is planning on leaving he is working on filling next years roster with good players.
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

Everything is pure speculation as of now. Keller will eventually leave as it's the nature of the business. I would think when he does he would leave the program in the best shape possible. I believe if he is planning on leaving he is working on filling next years roster with good players.
Yeah, I'll bet all of the coaches are working the phone lines hot and heavy right now (assuming they're allowed to do so at this time). Going after JUCO's and portal transfers.
sfa17
No-look said:

I would think when he does he would leave the program in the best shape possible. I believe if he is planning on leaving he is working on filling next years roster with good players.

Good guy he could take to his next job if he was leaving. Idk if u guy remember underwood getting on a plane to okstate like 24 hour after our lost to Notre dame and not even telling his players lol
TallTexan
Not to make this all about is Keller leaving or isn't he.

He's a dang good coach that would win at a bigger school and for that reason, he'll always be in contention for bigger jobs. I don't necessarily get the feeling that he's about to just ditch us, because will 700k is quite the raise, it's not the 3x raise that Underwood garnered at OSU. And the next season he was at 9x what we were paying him.

But if he does leave, I'd be happy with Cox or Mason and certainly think it'll come down to one of them if we needed a replacement.
Pilotgirl
Yup....I think Cox (and Mason) are under rated. Can't believe Cox isn't in a HC position yet.
SFASawmillGuy
sfa17 said:

No-look said:

I would think when he does he would leave the program in the best shape possible. I believe if he is planning on leaving he is working on filling next years roster with good players.

Good guy he could take to his next job if he was leaving. Idk if u guy remember underwood getting on a plane to okstate like 24 hour after our lost to Notre dame and not even telling his players lol

You really can't blame Underwood for that decision though, and I wouldn't blame Keller either. Good Mid Major coaches don't stay Mid-Major coaches.
If a school can offer your(and your family) millions of dollars more, an opportunity to compete for a national title(we can't offer that), and national recognition in pretty much every game, it's hard to say you're gonna stay at SFA.
Plus Oklahoma State was trying to fill that spot immediately, so Brad didn't have a choice but to leave so quickly.
To be honest if COVID never happened and last years team won a tournament game or made it to the sweet 16, Kyle would be out of Nac in less than 24 hours as well.
SFASawmillGuy
Biggest mistake we made with Brad was letting Boynton go. I hope we don't make that mistake again with Mason or Cox.
If we hire from within I think we can keep the identity and recruiting strong.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Heard from a reliable source that it's likely that none of our Seniors will be returning.
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Heard from a reliable source that it's likely that none of our Seniors will be returning.

That would be a real bummer, but I could understand it. That's an incredible grind for the entire school year.

That said, I really want a tourney win for those guys.
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Hate to hear that but they have lives so I understand. We gotta move on & rebuild. We did it once, we will do it again!
PurpleOut
Staff
The only good thing about the postseason ban, is that it's going to give us some extra time to focus on recruiting and filling spots.

There's a ton of kids that have already entered the transfer portal, as seasons end for a lot of teams that list will start getting really big. I'd guess we will try to get more transfers (like Hawkins) than JUCO kids.
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

The only good thing about the postseason ban, is that it's going to give us some extra time to focus on recruiting and filling spots.

There's a ton of kids that have already entered the transfer portal, as seasons end for a lot of teams that list will start getting really big. I'd guess we will try to get more transfers (like Hawkins) than JUCO kids.

According to Verbal Commits, there are 238 players in the transfer portal at this time, of which 67 are immediately eligible.

A side note: UT Martin has 10 players in the portal, Green Bay has 7, Columbia has 6, and Maine has 5. I can't help but wonder what kind of strife is going on at places like that.
TallTexan
I know they're gonna give it to the Nicholls guy, but Keller is coach of the year.

Nothing to play for and after losing an all time great and he's in a position to win the conference and likely would have save for Southland ref shenanigans?

Hell of a coaching job.

Now if they skip over Kellogg as coach of the year too, I'm starting a propaganda war that will drive a stake through the southland conference and destroy it forever.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

PurpleOut said:

According to Verbal Commits, there are 238 players in the transfer portal at this time, of which 67 are immediately eligible.

A side note: UT Martin has 10 players in the portal, Green Bay has 7, Columbia has 6, and Maine has 5. I can't help but wonder what kind of strife is going on at places like that.
EDIT: Just read that UT Martin's coach died suddenly at age 50 in November, That explains that.
TallTexan
cboothe09
Lampley was good. Not sure he was 1st team good.

Would have liked to see David somewhere on that list...
MasterAxe
TallTexan said:

For the first time in a long time, don't really have any complaints about the teams.

Sam going 0-2 against us and getting 2 1st teamers is...iffy, but those guys are good.

ACU with three on the defensive team is odd, but again, those guys are good, even though I think Roti could have spot on thre.
PurpleOut
Staff
Yeah it's Cam > Lampley for me. Cam is better in almost all statistical categories. But that one is at least close.

Not a fan of Claunch getting COY. I get it because they "won" the league. But he's not a better coach than Golding or Keller, both of whom I think did a better job this season. Really hard for me to take this one serious, not playing the 2nd place team, going 0-2 against the 3rd place team, and not playing the 4th place team.
TallTexan
I presume coaches vote on these and it's always noticeable how much SFA guys get overlooked. Like a 28-3 Duke beating team only getting two guys last year. Or Shannon and Kevon getting 2nd team.

But they're happy to hand out a lot of slots to Sam and ACU every year.

Guess stomping the conference for a decade plus doesn't win you a lot of friends.

Really don't see how David got left off and Cam definitely over Lampley.
SFAJack_76
"All-conference teams and individual awards are nominated and voted upon by the conference's head coaches and sports information directors. Voting for oneself or one's own players/coaches is not permitted."
SFASawmillGuy

Motivated for what David???
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

"All-conference teams and individual awards are nominated and voted upon by the conference's head coaches and sports information directors. Voting for oneself or one's own players/coaches is not permitted."

Coach could always do what we did in FFA, vote for the worst candidates to give your guys a better chance. #AreaEightIsGreat
TallTexan
SFA_03 said:

Motivated for what David???

He's doing the 72oz steak challenge out in Amarillo.

Kidding.

When trying to spell Kachelries earlier, I was reminded that his twin is also a ballplayer(D3).

Would love to see the confusion on Hooten's face to see Matt replace David.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.