2020-2021 Lumberjack Basketball

177,264 Views | 1144 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TallTexan
No-look
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wow! What a rush!!!
PurpleOut
Staff
YYYYYEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!

Phog Allen is the best sporting venue that I've ever been to...if we don't get in hoops season I'm going to be very angry.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

YYYYYEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!

Phog Allen is the best sporting venue that I've ever been to...if we don't get in hoops season I'm going to be very angry.

I'm gonna be short on vacation days by then, but if I can swing two days, I'll be there.
PurpleOut
Staff
PurpleOut said:

No-look said:

PurpleOut said:

They'll probably be a Top 5 team. As of now they're returning basically everyone from a really good team, with some great incoming freshmen.
Didn't Butler and Teague declare for the draft? But I'm assuming they might pull out if it doesn't look promising?
Teague is returning. Butler still TBD.

If Butler returns they're Top 5. If he leaves they're probably still Top 10.
Butler is returning as well. They may be the preseason #1 team.
KirkHeath12
Please let there be a season
Class of 2012
Axe Em
Pilotgirl
I AM SO EXCITED!!!

This may have to be one to watch on TV though. because of social distancing seating
sfa17
nacluth
Ha. I'll take it. Too bad Ivy League.
TallTexan
Glad to hear that Bill Self classifies us in the same standing as Harvard.
PurpleOut
Staff
Pilotgirl said:

I AM SO EXCITED!!!

This may have to be one to watch on TV though. because of social distancing seating
And they REALLY cram them in there too. Phog Allen Fieldhouse seats over 16,000, in what kinds of seems like a smallish place.

This is basically where I sat the one time I went, very top corner.

SFAJack_76
Among other comments, the schedule is almost finished.
Pilotgirl
This KU game is gonna be fun!! A good friend of V's is Marcus Garrett's girlfriend. She played BB at KU as well. Friendly rivalry has already commenced.
PurpleOut
Staff
We can't forget that Coach Schneider is there coaching the KU women.
PurpleOut
Staff
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

We can't forget that Coach Schneider is there coaching the KU women.

That would make for a very nice doubleheader, but KU may not do DH's. I wonder how the women's schedule is coming along. Does anyone know?
PurpleOut
Staff
You need an account with The Athletic to read this, but pretty interesting article around pay games, now that we're in a pandemic and everyone is struggling to get games.

Some of it is about us, and Keller's dislike of the league going to 16 games and not playing everyone. Turns out we've actually added SLU and McNeese for non-conference games, and paying them to come to Nac.

https://theathletic.com/1987170/2020/08/11/money-for-buy-games-is-dwindling-if-not-drying-up-for-schools-that-need-it/
nacluth
Well it sucks we're paying other Southland schools, but it's what all the good teams do to avoid playing D3 schools. Guess we're getting with the top flight mentality.
PurpleOut
Staff
Just another black eye for our conference in my opinion. I thought going to 20 games was dumb, but going to 16 games is dumber.
nacluth
To me it's not the 16 game schedule that bothers me as much as the 13 team Southland. I know there needs to be a critical mass for conferences to work, but in the bottom feeding basketball SLC, every game keeps our conference down.
nacluth
I've proposed this before, but I think 16 games is the perfect schedule for the SLC if schedules were made on rankings and not distance. With 16 games, everyone plays everyone once (12 games) then the remaining games are based on last season's ranking. Top teams play other top teams twice. Mid level play mids, bottom teams play bottom. Gives a more even chance for improvement and doesn't bias (negatively) the top teams as much.
PurpleOut
Staff
Agreed, having 13 schools has been the main problem from day 1.

And what you proposed also makes sense, I believe that's similar to what some other conferences that moved to 20 games are doing (or planning to do). Play the normal schedule, and when you get to the end you have the Top 4 play each other again.

The problem is that I don't have any faith in our league to actually do something that makes sense.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Just another black eye for our conference in my opinion. I thought going to 20 games was dumb, but going to 16 games is dumber.

Yep. Let's blow this joint and take the next ticket out.

We're back to 18 games but have to pay for two of them.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

The problem is that I don't have any faith in our league to actually do something that makes sense.

Not just in basketball but all sports. Leadership is asleep at the wheel. I like Nacluth's solution.

But I have more faith in Huntsville becoming a vacation destination than I have in Burnett making good decisions.
BigJack85
We need out of this ****hole league. It totally sucks.
PurpleOut
Staff
Pac 12 announced they aren't having any non-conference games until at least January.

That's not good.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Pac 12 announced they aren't having any non-conference games until at least January.

That's not good.

Dang.
PurpleOut
Staff
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

I can't imagine the Southland could afford that.
PurpleOut
Staff
TallTexan said:

PurpleOut said:

I can't imagine the Southland could afford that.
The Southland...no.

SFA...maybe.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

The Southland...no.

SFA...maybe.

Story of the league.
sfa17
Bubble non conference tournament? That would be awesome
sfa17
Ncaa MBB attendance released

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/m_basketball_RB/2021/Attend.pdf

SFA
Average 3,222

Lamar
Average 2,256

Acu
Average 1,472

SAM
Average 1,024

I think we should have done much better. Idk last years number but it seems like we did worst

Edit: yep , we had 3,582 in 2019 and 3,782 in 2018

All the data from previous years

http://www.ncaa.org/championships/statistics/ncaa-mens-basketball-attendance
Pilotgirl
Dang!
https://instagr.am/p/CDUKCE-HZ3R
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

Dang!
https://instagr.am/p/CDUKCE-HZ3R
Quite a transformation. Looking forward to seeing how that translates to the basketball court.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Pilotgirl said:

Quite a transformation. Looking forward to seeing how that translates to the basketball court.

I agree. We shall see which body type results in a better role player. Did we lose a banger in the paint in favor of more flexibility and quickness?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.