2018-2019 Basketball Season

295,750 Views | 1139 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PurpleOut
No-look
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sfa17 said:

Since the season is almost here,,,
Stephen F. Austin vs SE Louisiana Basketball 2018 Southland Championship

The SFA Invitational. Good stuff.
SFAJack_76
I don't see #10.

nacluth
Good stuff.
SFASawmillGuy
SFAJack_76 said:

I don't see #10.

I did see that sweet dunk from a certain Eastern European giant. The #YearOfTheGru begins soon.
Jacks4460
SFAJack_76 said:

I don't see #10.

#10 is done for the year SFAJack76
SFAJack_76
Disappointing to hear Comeaux is out for the year but not surprised. I have serious concerns about PG this year. Augustin is going to have to stay healthy and out of foul trouble. PG is a tough position for a freshman to step into and be effective. Should be interesting.

I noticed in the video that TJ was there but not participating. Hopefully a minor issue.
PurpleOut
Staff
I noticed that too, wasn't going to mention it. Appears to be dribbling the ball in the background., could just be sick.

Also, our videos are badass.
BigJack85
What is the depth chart for point guard?
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
nacluth
Hasn't been posted yet, but if I had to guess...

Initially 1) Aaron 2) Bogues 3) Oddyst.

I think best case is O takes over the #2 spot in depth like Aaron did with Dallas his freshman year with Bogues and Hughes splitting relief. Or it could be Kevon instead. But my guess is they're working towards Aaron and Oddyst one and two.
SFAJack_76
The interview is fine for what it is. Not much honestly. I do like Keller's demeanor.

SFAJack_76
I am.

jboy93
In Mitchell's bio, it says he just turned 20! There is a big difference physically than being a 18 year old freshman. I think he is going to make a BIG impact this year!!!
SFAXE93
During the football game they interviewed Coach Keller and he said they were down to 7 healthy guys.
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
TallTexan
SFAXE93 said:

During the football game they interviewed Coach Keller and he said they were down to 7 healthy guys.
This is my biggest worry this season. But the good news is, we need guys to be healthy in March, not October, so we've got time to get them healthy.
nacluth
TallTexan said:

But the good news is, we need guys to be healthy in March, not October, so we've got time to get them healthy.
This is true...but I kinda want to punch Miami in the mouth in a few weeks too.
BigJack85
From what I've seen from Keller 7 healthy players might be a bit of an exaggeration. Probably more like 7 running at 100%. More than likely we go into early November with 10-11 players able to contribute at least 8-10 minutes a game. That's not perfect but a far cry from 7 healthy guys....
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Jacks4460
BigJack85 said:

From what I've seen from Keller 7 healthy players might be a bit of an exaggeration. Probably more like 7 running at 100%. More than likely we go into early November with 10-11 players able to contribute at least 8-10 minutes a game. That's not perfect but a far cry from 7 healthy guys....
Yeah Coach does real well at playing things down...
Pilotgirl
Yup, I think I heard from some other interviews (SL Media day) that there were a couple out with concussions and some bum knees. He said in about a month, things should be better & that this was usual this time of the year. LOL
SFAXE93
Too bad Nicholas has to sit it out this season.

"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
sfa17
Is it just me or are these practice jerseys better than some the home/away jerseys we have had in past,
Pilotgirl
sfa17 said:

Is it just me or are these practice jerseys better than some the home/away jerseys we have had in past,
Yes! And I never liked the black uniforms...plus, we lost a few key games with them so I'm not a fan. HAHA
SFAJack_76
Seraille... stud.

SFAJack_76
Good team photo. Short one.

SFAJack_76
Seraille in the new uniform. Nice.

SFAJack_76
Well .... I can't wait.

PurpleOut
Staff
They look great. Font is finally the right size (especially on the back), and we don't have the shorts with the weird UA logos in the waist band.
W1964
In the last few months I have seen countless videos of Jacks making showboat , hotshot Dunks. Am I the only fan who wonders if that time could have better been spent on jump shots and free throws? We'll find out soon.
PurpleOut
Staff
PurpleOut
Staff
W1964 said:

In the last few months I have seen countless videos of Jacks making showboat , hotshot Dunks. Am I the only fan who wonders if that time could have better been spent on jump shots and free throws? We'll find out soon.
Eh, these are all from their personal accounts, plenty of real practice going on.
Jacks4460
We have some hard working coaches and players.. They will not be out worked!!
nacluth
X'd off another day. Come on November.
SFAJack_76
Checking all the boxes.

PurpleOut
Staff
Who's going to Jack Madness? Hopefully it's bigger this year. $45,000 given away throughout the night is pretty crazy.
Ballwatch
PurpleOut said:

Who's going to Jack Madness? Hopefully it's bigger this year. $45,000 given away throughout the night is pretty crazy.

Tell me about this, what's it like
cboothe09
November? We have a scrimmage @ Texas A&M on Tuesday. We are BACK!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.