2018-2019 Basketball Season

299,370 Views | 1139 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PurpleOut
Pilotgirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I meant if JC was not available but hoepfully he is....just looking at our depth, I guess
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

I meant if JC was not available but hoepfully he is....just looking at our depth, I guess
I think JC/AA are our best duo, but I think Walker/Hughes could help out in a pinch.

I wonder what our long term health at the position looks like. We'll be left with Aaron & Oddyst as our options after this season because John's a senior I believe.

We might have to hit that position hard in this recruiting class.
ljax1979
Saw this interesting article about the scheduling woes for Loyola (IL)

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/loyola-chicagos-non-con-schedule-is-lacking-because-other-coaches-were-wrongly-afraid-to-schedule-the-ramblers/

Obviously we're not the Power 5 school that they desire but why wouldn't they schedule a home and home with us?

I miss the Bracket Buster series.
Pilotgirl
John is a Junior
Pilotgirl
ljax1979 said:

Saw this interesting article about the scheduling woes for Loyola (IL)

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/loyola-chicagos-non-con-schedule-is-lacking-because-other-coaches-were-wrongly-afraid-to-schedule-the-ramblers/

Obviously we're not the Power 5 school that they desire but why wouldn't they schedule a home and home with us?

I miss the Bracket Buster series.

I was thinking the same exact thing...
Pilotgirl
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

Sweet, all that time in the gym is going to pay off.
jboy93
Is it me or does it look like Kevon put on a few (as in a many) pounds over the summer. Take a look at the new roster photos! I certainly have no room to cast judgement, but it seems a little drastic.
PurpleOut
Staff
I don't think so really, I think that's just the way his face is. His freshman picture vs his junior picture isn't much different. Just a slightly different, and closer angle. Plus the hair probably throws you off too a little.

SFA Jack Fanatic
jboy93 said:

Is it me or does it look like Kevon put on a few (as in a many) pounds over the summer. Take a look at the new roster photos! I certainly have no room to cast judgement, but it seems a little drastic.
If he did overindulge, the coaches will surely run it out of him by November.
jboy93
Thanks for the comparison...that does help!
jboy93
I'm 50 now Mr. Stiles...my eyes are not what they once were!
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

I don't think so really, I think that's just the way his face is. His freshman picture vs his junior picture isn't much different. Just a slightly different, and closer angle. Plus the hair probably throws you off too a little.

I think the hair just changes your focal point.

FWIW, if he's been adding bulk in the weight room over the summer, two months is still plenty of time to taper back down to a playing weight.

That said, I think it's just the camera angle.
SFA Jack Fanatic
jboy93 said:

Thanks for the comparison...that does help!
You're welcome, Mr. Boyd. And Happy Birthday. You're now eligible to buy some of that 'Gals and Geezers' stuff that TallTexan is hawking out the back of his Medicine Show wagon.
Pilotgirl
Looks like we will be playing HBU on Feb. 6th at 7 p.m. (away game)....anybody been to this gym? Seats 1000. I think I may try to make it.
PurpleOut
Staff
Pilotgirl said:

Looks like we will be playing HBU on Feb. 6th at 7 p.m. (away game)....anybody been to this gym? Seats 1000. I think I may try to make it.
I haven't been able to attend yet, but will definitely try this year. It's always been packed for our games, mostly with purple. Last time I believe there were SFA fans that couldn't get in.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Pilotgirl said:

I haven't been able to attend yet, but will definitely try this year. It's always been packed for our games, mostly with purple. Last time I believe there were SFA fans that couldn't get in.
I'd be interested to know the attendance for the traveling fans we have each year. We had quite the contingent at Sam for that absolute butt kicking we gave them.
CertifiedAxeman98
Pilotgirl said:

It's small. My brother is an HBU alumni and calls it a high school gym. He also doesn't like the half a football stadium they have. Hope to try and go to the game even if my brother can not. Probably best to try and get tickets early if you want to get in the door.
Pilotgirl
Wow. That is crazy but awesome, too! Looking at pictures, I can see why....my HS gym was much bigger. Hmmmm may have to reconsider or get there really early if I go then.
PurpleOut
Staff
TallTexan said:

PurpleOut said:

Pilotgirl said:

I'd be interested to know the attendance for the traveling fans we have each year. We had quite the contingent at Sam for that absolute butt kicking we gave them.
I remember our press release called it a "SFA-heavy crowd," 50/50 at the worst.

I'll definitely put together another group page for the Sam game in Huntsville. Maybe we do the same for all weekend conference games on the road?
nacluth
Ive done the Sam game with my father-in-law the last two seasons. I'll make it a third. Hope to see Txjack again.

I'm already trying to make sure I can get another in (come on schedule release!), but NWST, Lamar, and UIW are the real probables.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

TallTexan said:

PurpleOut said:

Pilotgirl said:

I remember our press release called it a "SFA-heavy crowd," 50/50 at the worst.

I'll definitely put together another group page for the Sam game in Huntsville. Maybe we do the same for all weekend conference games on the road?
I'll definitely try to make the Cram our other Coliseum again and think that should be the main event. It was pretty fun.

But I'd be in for looking at the other weekend away games too.
Pilotgirl
I am going to try to go to as many as I can! Twitter, Facebook...every bit helps!
Jacks4460
PurpleOut said:

Thats my boy there...
Txjack
nacluth said:

Ive done the Sam game with my father-in-law the last two seasons. I'll make it a third. Hope to see Txjack again.

I'm already trying to make sure I can get another in (come on schedule release!), but NWST, Lamar, and UIW are the real probables.
I am there!! We need a whole Sawmill section this time.
Txjack
Pilotgirl said:

I went to high school literally just down the road in Sharpstown. I remember a couple of times HBU let us utilize their gym when ours was occupied; our high school gym felt larger. But I love it, I am old school. Last time we went to see the Jacks play there, we were sitting behind the team and could hear every word, it was a blast, I was ready to put a jersey on and join in.
nacluth
I had a dream last night that I had special tickets to the first home game that let me in the locker room before the game. Comeaux was asked if he was going to get to play this year, and he said that he should be back by the fifth game. He then said he really wanted to make it back by the Oklahoma game for sure. "Oklahoma?" Everyone was asking. Apparently he let it slip before it had been announced.

Anyway, it was a good dream.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
TallTexan
nacluth said:

I had a dream last night that I had special tickets to the first home game that let me in the locker room before the game. Comeaux was asked if he was going to get to play this year, and he said that he should be back by the fifth game. He then said he really wanted to make it back by the Oklahoma game for sure. "Oklahoma?" Everyone was asking. Apparently he let it slip before it had been announced.

Forget Sister Jean, we've got Nacluth the Dreamer.
No-look
TallTexan said:

nacluth said:

RI had a dream last night that I had special tickets to the first home game that let me in the locker room before the game. Comeaux was asked if he was going to get to play this year, and he said that he should be back by the fifth game. He then said he really wanted to make it back by the Oklahoma game for sure. "Oklahoma?" Everyone was asking. Apparently he let it slip before it had been announced.

Forget Sister Jean, we've got Nacluth the Dreamer.
Has he had any dreams on when the next "Who's Next" will appear?
nacluth
No kidding. Ear to the ground Edstile has been noticeably quiet on his earthquake news predicted in "two to three days."
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
No-look
Maybe PurpleOut can contribute to this situation.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

No kidding. Ear to the ground Edstile has been noticeably quiet on his earthquake news predicted in "two to three days."
I can only say that there's a reason why there's been no announcement.
No-look
edstile said:

nacluth said:

Can we add "yet" to the end of this sentence?
TallTexan
edstile said:

nacluth said:

I think Ed is wheeling and dealing cruises for his info.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

edstile said:

nacluth said:

I think Ed is wheeling and dealing cruises for his info.
The dog-eat-dog side of recruiting is going on behind the scenes. We'll have to just wait and see how it all plays out.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.