2021-2022 Lumberjack Basketball

155,562 Views | 1098 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SFAXE93
No-look
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jacks4460 said:

No-look said:

Anything going on in the basketball world? Summer workouts? We still looking for another player? Can the new recruits dribble or shoot? Lol

Not a selfish player on our team.. Work great together and Posey really impressing people.. Really excited about the new blood on the coaching staff.. and still looking for someone to play the 3..
Good report! How's Tezeno looking? Thinking he could be a special player.
TallTexan
https://twitter.com/tannersmith5?s=09
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

https://twitter.com/tannersmith5?s=09

A young coach with a great personal story to tell. Played at Clemson (SG averaged 10 ppg) and pro ball in Germany. Former assistant coach at Kennesaw State. I had never heard of Tanner's Totes, but sounds like a non-profit charity that I will be supporting financially.
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

Jacks4460 said:

No-look said:

Anything going on in the basketball world? Summer workouts? We still looking for another player? Can the new recruits dribble or shoot? Lol

Not a selfish player on our team.. Work great together and Posey really impressing people.. Really excited about the new blood on the coaching staff.. and still looking for someone to play the 3..
Good report! How's Tezeno looking? Thinking he could be a special player.

I totally agree about Tezeno. He could turn out to be one of the best ever at SFA. That's assuming he keeps his head screwed on straight. In recent years we've recruited some talented guys that eventually bombed due to off-the-court shenanigans and attitude problems. Tezeno doesn't strike me as that sort of guy.
Jacks4460
Good thing their are not "me" attitudes on this squad.. Pretty sure the upper classmen have control of their team this year... We have some great leaders on our team and the big 3 that are coming back are the leaders...
TallTexan
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut
Staff
YEEEEEEEES!
RichieVan
Report: Liberty to face Stephen F Austin in Dallas | A Sea of Red
nacluth
I won't mind beating them.
SFA Jack Fanatic
RichieVan said:

Report: Liberty to face Stephen F Austin in Dallas | A Sea of Red

I noticed on the ASOR website's online store that they're taking pre-sale orders for three Liberty players' t-shirts at $35 a pop. Why can't SFA Athletics or one of the local SFA bookstores do this for our guys and gals?
TallTexan
It's not a bad idea, though I do wonder how many they will sell.

For my money, Texas sized bling makes some of the best SFA shirts in town.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

Texas sized bling? Never heard of it. (I don't get to Nac much.) Where are they located?
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

TallTexan said:

Texas sized bling? Never heard of it. (I don't get to Nac much.) Where are they located?

Downtown.

A block or so from the Fredonia.

It's mostly a women's clothing and accessories store(and a darn good one) but they've got a fairly large SFA section with men's and women's shirts.

I've found the shirts to be more comfortable than most and the screen printing is very high quality. They do their own designs too, so you get some unique options.

SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

TallTexan said:

Downtown.

It's mostly a women's clothing and accessories store(and a darn good one) but they've got a fairly large SFA section with men's and women's shirts.

I've found the shirts to be more comfortable than most and the screen printing is very high quality. They do their own designs too, so you get some unique options.

Good to know. Someone needs to whisper in their ear about doing a deal with some of our student-athletes. Personally, I'd purchase a nicely-done Steph Visscher, Branson Ellis, or Derrick Tezeno shirt.

In the long run, doing something like this for our better athletes may be the difference in them leaving or staying.
sfa17
Dickies Arena in Fort Worth
PurpleOut
Staff
Would have preferred it to be at an actual basketball venue, but I'll take it.
PurpleOut
Staff
It's a multipurpose venue, normally for rodeos and larger events. Don't get tickets behind the basket.

Also, looks like a good opportunity for a tailgate (maybe something indoors in December) for DFW alums and fans.

SFASawmillGuy
PurpleOut said:

It's a multipurpose venue, normally for rodeos and larger events. Don't get tickets behind the basket.

Also, looks like a good opportunity for a tailgate (maybe something indoors in December) for DFW alums and fans.

That better be at least 75% purple.
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

TallTexan said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

TallTexan said:

Downtown.

Good to know. Someone needs to whisper in their ear about doing a deal with some of our student-athletes. Personally, I'd purchase a nicely-done Steph Visscher, Branson Ellis, or Derrick Tezeno shirt.

In the long run, doing something like this for our better athletes may be the difference in them leaving or staying.

It's owned by Lisa Garner...I went to grad school with her! Super nice & her & her fam are big fans of SFA BB! Honestly, I'm sure she would be down for doing some SFA shirts...I thought of her for the #BeABigCoach idea that Texan had...
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

TallTexan said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

TallTexan said:

Downtown.

It's owned by Lisa Garner...I went to grad school with her! Super nice & her & her fam are big fans of SFA BB! Honestly, I'm sure she would be down for doing some SFA shirts...I thought of her for the #BeABigCoach idea that Texan had...

I think you just talked yourself into contacting her, Pilot.
SFAXE93
Team 3PT STATS

2020-21: .337 (100-297) 4.8 per game (Keller)
2019-20: .362 (179-494) 5.8 per game (Keller)
2018-19: .342 (201-588) 6.7 per game (Keller)
2017-18: .372 (242-651) 6.9 per game (Keller)
2016-17: .319 (193-605) 5.8 per game (Keller)
2015-16: .363 (269-741) 7.9 per game (Underwood)
2014-15: .379 (264-692) 7.7 per game (Underwood)
2013-14: .345 (248-718) 7.1 per game (Underwood)
2012-13: .324 (134-413) 4.1 per game (Kasper)
wahlwesle
SFAXE93 said:

Team 3PT STATS

2020-21: .337 (100-297) 4.8 per game (Keller)
2019-20: .362 (179-494) 5.8 per game (Keller)
2018-19: .342 (201-588) 6.7 per game (Keller)
2017-18: .372 (242-651) 6.9 per game (Keller)
2016-17: .319 (193-605) 5.8 per game (Keller)
2015-16: .363 (269-741) 7.9 per game (Underwood)
2014-15: .379 (264-692) 7.7 per game (Underwood)
2013-14: .345 (248-718) 7.1 per game (Underwood)
2012-13: .324 (134-413) 4.1 per game (Kasper)

Do you have the same stat for points in the paint? I feel we moved to a bigger roster when Devonte Fitzgerald came, and then Gavin.
nacluth
From the moment Keller got here, he said he wanted to transition to an in-the-paint offense - which I believe he has successfully done. Now we do need some better perimeter threats.
SFASawmillGuy
His philosophy is similar to Carthel's. Carthel is trying to build us into a strong team with a strong running game. That's hard to recruit for at this level but it's what wins championships.
In basketball, teams that can win the battle in the paint win championships. It's harder to recruit for, but Keller is doing it.
SFAJack_76
Prather Coliseum, November 28.

PurpleOut
Staff
Looks like we only get one game against Cal Baptist, on the road.

RichieVan
At Cal Baptist January 29.
No-look
So far there is a lot more media involvement with the WAC hoops than the Southland. I'm thinking the move to the WAC will be a good thing. More excitement. But it seems that some have already crowned NMState as champions. I say we go ahead and play the games anyway. Lol
No-look
jflandis
Not sure if this is the proper place or not, but I got the fan package all set up for my family for the Cancun Challenge at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya. It's done through Triple Crown Sports. Sarah Molina is the host that books the arrangements. I was wondering how many others intend to go?
PurpleOut
Staff
No-look
I'm assuming all the players are back on campus along with the new recruits. Looking forward to an injury free year. We're due one.
nacluth
Too early to ask who people think is filling Cam's spot in the starting lineup? The article above guess Nigel, but unless his consistency has improved tons, I'm guessing a new guy. Any thoughts?
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Too early to ask who people think is filling Cam's spot in the starting lineup? The article above guess Nigel, but unless his consistency has improved tons, I'm guessing a new guy. Any thoughts?

I don't think it'll be Nigel either. But who it will be is anyone's guess. Most of us have not seen any of the new guys in action, other than in short cherry-picked videos.

Big lineup needed? Obviously it'll be the new guy from A&M. Other than that, who knows? But as I've said before, I think Tezeno breaks into the lineup eventually, sooner rather than later.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.