2021-2022 Lumberjack Basketball

157,287 Views | 1098 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SFAXE93
Sfa05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is this hire in anticipation to a Keller departure in a year or two?
TallTexan
Sfa05 said:

Is this hire in anticipation to a Keller departure in a year or two?

Specifically for that? I don't think so. He's got HC experience and tbh, the results aren't great.

But I think that HC experience makes him a great assistant hire. And hopefully he's a great recruiter.

I'd bet on the Mason/Cox as the favorites for a Keller replacement.
SFASawmillGuy
I doubt he's meant to be the coach in waiting. I'm sure Ivey will either for Mason/Cox or maybe some assistant from a very successful program. Maybe snag one of Houston's assistants maybe.
sfa17
Cox and Mason get paid big money for one year and one of them comes back for their First D1 head coaching position... that would be the best option

I doubt we would hire a HC that got fired from a previous job
BigJack85
Who says Keller leaves?
TallTexan
BigJack85 said:

Who says Keller leaves?

I still think he may hang around. Just a gut feeling.
SFASawmillGuy
BigJack85 said:

Who says Keller leaves?

It's just a likely outcome. Keller stays for this season. But if he does well again he's gonna get offers from top programs. It's just how it works. And it's nothing against SFA, he deserves it. There's no way he turns down an SEC , Big 10, Pac12, or SEC job.
sfa17
BigJack85 said:

Who says Keller leaves?

It would be the perfect time to leave. The signs are there. Key seniors leaving. Staff members leaving. Rumors of recruiting stopping temporary Bc of potential HC job openings for Keller. Nothing wrong with leaving SFA. Look at BU. He doing great.
No-look
Are we still looking for another recruit or is the roster full?
PurpleOut
Staff
There's still one spot available.
nacluth
My guess is that we're probably good with the team we have, and that it's now about cherry picking a late find that will either fill a niche or help in practice/intensity.
PurpleOut
Staff
Agreed. I don't think there is a rush to bring in another right now. Especially with not having a full coaching staff.

Plus there are still a TON of kids in the portal. There are more kids than spots available. So, if we want to fill it before the season...we'll be able to.
Jacks4460
Lookin for someone who plays the 3
PurpleOut
Staff
Was hoping to be a little further along than this, to be honest.

TallTexan
That's probably an early September time frame I'd guess?
sfa17
PurpleOut said:

has there ever been a construction project anywhere that has ever finished on time ?
BigJack85
sfa17 said:

PurpleOut said:

has there ever been a construction project anywhere that has ever finished on time ?

You might be pleasantly surprised. Once they get to this stage it's easier to schedule trades. I'd guess mid-September.
PurpleOut
Staff
I think that would still be behind their "updated" timeline.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

I think that would still be behind their "updated" timeline.

What was the updated projected date?

It looks like a way to go but sheetrock and flooring are relatively fast with a good commercial crew.

Same for paint.

PurpleOut
Staff
They wanted to be completed by the time school started (late August). Still not that bad, by that time they may have enough done for some things to work.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

They wanted to be completed by the time school started (late August). Still not that bad, by that time they may have enough done for some things to work.

I could almost see it. That's 8 weeks. Would be a tight fit but I bet it would be close.

Somebody tell Caleb we expect monthly updates from here on out.
SFAJack_76
No-look
TallTexan
I'll be honest, he looks like a great coach for our system but I hope he got his drinking problem is under control and stays in the past. Better be on a no tolerance policy for DUI in his contract.

Based on his resume on the court, grand slam hire.
PurpleOut
Staff
Agreed, this is a really good hire.
PurpleOut
Staff
We've also signed a 4-year deal to play Northwestern State, starting this year in Natchitoches.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

We've also signed a 4-year deal to play Northwestern State, starting this year in Natchitoches.

We have a date? I might make a weekend trip to Natchitoches if it's before Christmas.
PurpleOut
Staff
TallTexan said:

PurpleOut said:

We have a date? I might make a weekend trip to Natchitoches if it's before Christmas.
November 28th.

https://d1docket.blogspot.com/2021/06/week-3-update-barren-release-landscape.html
nacluth
Seems like a good recruiter. Worked with a lot of really good coaches. Personal issues sidetracked his career. Now has some good years back in the game. Looks like we're catching him at a good time.
purpleballs
So is this Cancun tournament a done deal? Wife asked if she needed to request time off.
SFAJack_76
No-look said:

Matt Figgers hired Hill as an assistant at Austin Peay. Ryan Ivey hired Figgers, so this is not the first time that Ivey has been part of hiring Hill. I believe that Ivey had to be confident that Hill was past his personal issues before hiring him at AP. I believe that Ivey would have talked to Figgers about him. Looks like a great hire.
MasterAxe
Cam Johnson has committed to play at UA-Pine Bluff.

That one has me...confusion.

At least, from a basketball standpoint.
SFAJack_76
MasterAxe said:

Cam Johnson has committed to play at UA-Pine Bluff.

That one has me...confusion.

At least, from a basketball standpoint.
That matches up with his stated desire to play closer to home. From a basketball stand point, it's a huge step down.
SFAJack_76
Email from Wally:

Good Evening Basketball Fans!

I hope you are all doing well and we appreciate your patience during this process. We are thankful for everyone who has provided feedback and the interest many shared in attending our focus group. We know some of you were not able to attend and hope this summary will help you understand what changes are taking place.

Following our Focus Group conversations, we are excited to share the reconfiguration for the upcoming 2021-22 basketball season and season ticket pricing. Below is all the information you need to plan ahead and get your tickets for next season. I have also attached a summary and diagram to look at. Feel free to reach out anytime via email and we will address your concerns as soon as possible. After July 1, when you are ready to purchase your tickets, please visit sfatickets.com to complete that transaction.

Split Tickets
For the 2021-22 season, the Lumberjacks and Ladyjacks will have separate season tickets. This is due to the fact that there will be no doubleheaders in WAC play and to the fact it will allow for targeted marketing campaigns to drive ticket sales and attendance for each sport. Along with the split tickets, we have also changed price levels to the following:
  • Midcourt From rows A-Z, these sections are Price Level 1
  • Sideline From rows A-Z, these sections are Price Level 2
  • Corners From rows A-Z, these sections are Price Level 3
  • Baseline From rows A-Z, these sections are Price Level 5

We have the following pricing options going on sale on July 1 (not including Courtside or Loge Box sections):
  • Women's Basketball Only Season Tickets - $66-$102 for a projected 14 games depending on section for an average of $7.28/game
  • Men's Basketball Only Season Tickets - $75-$116 for a projected 16 games depending on section for an average of $7.25/game
  • Women's and Men's Combo Season Tickets - $126-$189 for a projected 30 games depending on section for an average of $6.30/game

Student Sections
The students are now located in sections 110, 112 and 113

Band Section
The band is now located in section 111

2019-20 Tickets
As promised last summer, we have pulled in the 2019-20 seats for renewals and not the 2020-21 COVID re-seats. If you were not a season ticket holder in 2019-20, you may keep your seat if no renewing fan claims an option to your seat. If a renewing 2019-20 fan claims your seat, then you will need to work with our ticket office to find a new seat for the 2021-22 season and beyond.

Flipping Benches
For the 2021-22 season, we will be flipping the SFA bench from EAST-WEST and SOUTH-NORTH. With the completion of the new Loddie Naymola Basketball Performance Center, the new player tunnel will exit in a way that would cause crossover between teams that we would like to avoid if possible. This adjustment also will allow for the front of our coaches and players to be visible on camera for web and tv productions. Previously, only the backs of the team benches were viewable on camera.

As such, we are making available the option to request mirrored seats in the opposite section. Below are the sections you may request a mirrored seat in:
  • Section 108 may move to matching seat in 120, if available as some of those seats are currently taken with renewals
  • Section 117 may move to matching seat in 105
  • Section 118 may move to matching seat in 106, except in the first two rows
  • Section 119 may move to an available seat in 107 as many of those seats are currently taken
  • If you do not like the option available to you, you may always keep your current seats

Important Dates
  • Available seats will go on sale July 1, 2021.
  • Deadline to request new mirrored seat is August 1, 2021. At that time, we will remove the hold codes of held seats to sell them to those that would like to purchase them.
  • Deadline to pay renewal balance for seats is September 1, 2021. At that time, we will remove tickets from fan accounts and release them to be sold.

I know this is a lot of information, but please rest easy knowing that so long as we are in communication, we will find a solution to help you get great seats for this season. We have limited staff in the office next week, so email is a great way to submit your request and for us to help you as we work remotely.

Thank you for all of your support and talk to you soon.
nacluth
I can't help but think that from a Ladyjacks perspective that no doubleheaders and split tickets is brutal. I guess the hope is that most season ticket holders will opt for the combo pass, but most single women's games are substantially lighter in attendance currently.

I do believe that this has a chance to be an incredible season for the women (and a decent one for the men). I like the flip flopping of the benches to play to TV and get the students closer to the team. Here's hoping they can sell more tickets.

Edit: nevermind, I think they moved the students to the far end.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.