2021-2022 Lumberjack Basketball

157,878 Views | 1098 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SFAXE93
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not a surprise. Still, disappointing.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

Not a surprise. Still, disappointing.

Apparently the ADs are discussing changing the forfeit rule.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Very disappointing indeed. We need games not forfeits to move forward to March and tournies.
Afraid since omicron is supposed to be more contagious we will see many more cancellations and/ or forfeits
No-look
Looking at ESPN matchup indicators, SFA is at 16% at ACU, 30 at Tarleton and 27 at Sam. How does the Indicators work? Is that the projected win percentage?
BigJack85
No-look said:

Looking at ESPN matchup indicators, SFA is at 16% at ACU, 30 at Tarleton and 27 at Sam. How does the Indicators work? Is that the projected win percentage?

This all shifted when we lost to ULM. A couple of solid wins to start conference, would help. I still think we have 20-22 win potential
SFASawmillGuy
No-look said:

It's a large formula basically that takes into account SOS, Kenpom, and stats. I believe home court advantage also plays a big part in it, as even in our undefeated conference seasons some conference road games we were strangely picked to lose on that indicator.
SFAJack_76
nacluth
As far as everyone knows, we're still on for this weekend at Lamar? Just curious since the ladies' game is canceled.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

As far as everyone knows, we're still on for this weekend at Lamar? Just curious since the ladies' game is canceled.
And, no. Long time between games.
SFAJack_76
FYI, it's Lamar, not us.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Just saw this about Lamar. That's going to mean that we will have 4 games over an 8 day period between the 15h and 22nd. Concerning to me as GCU and NMSU are games 3 and 4 in that stretch. 3 are at home so not any real travel but less time for rest between all the conference contests. Thoughts?
MasterAxe
Adapt. Survive. Dominate.
TallTexan
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Just saw this about Lamar. That's going to mean that we will have 4 games over an 8 day period between the 15h and 22nd. Concerning to me as GCU and NMSU are games 3 and 4 in that stretch. 3 are at home so not any real travel but less time for rest between all the conference contests. Thoughts?
Ya I feel like we're the team getting the short end of the Lamar deal.

Not much you can do but that's gonna be a rough stretch.
No-look
One possession game with under a minute to go. Trying to fill the void here. Lol
PurpleOut
Staff
SFA Jack Fanatic
Checking on how our OOC D-I foes are faring at this point in their conference races...

ULM: 4-8 (11th in the Sun Belt)
SDSU: 12-0 (1st in the Summit)
Buffalo: 5-4 (5th in the MAC)
Middle Tennessee: 5-3 (2nd in C-USA East )
Liberty: 8-1 (1st in ASUN East)
Northwestern State: 3-4 (6th in the SLC)
Saint Louis: 7-2 (2nd in the A-10)
Kansas: 8-1 (1st in the Big 12)

Notes:

1) The inexplicable loss to ULM still cuts to the core.
2) Future WAC's:

Southern Utah: 9-2 (2nd in the Big Sky)
UTA: 5-6 (6th in the Sun Belt)
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl
Hey Gazette! You can stop emailing me now and I will no longer receive your email messages as I've sent them to spam. That's really classy of you to try to use me as some sort of pawn in your games. Well, I'm not a pushover lol and I don't take anything from anybody.

**Ol Gazzette got my email from the donations for the Ladyjacks I posted and decided to start emailing me to get me to ask *his* questions on this board. Texan helped me figure out who this person was.
PurpleOut
Staff
Pilotgirl said:

Hey Gazette! You can stop emailing me now and I will no longer receive your email messages as I've sent them to spam. That's really classy of you to try to use me as some sort of pawn in your games. Well, I'm not a pushover lol and I don't take anything from anybody.

**Ol Gazzette got my email from the donations for the Ladyjacks I posted and decided to start emailing me to get me to ask *his* questions on this board. Texan helped me figure out who this person was.
I'm surprised he didn't try creating an 8th account here.
Pilotgirl
So ridiculous!
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76
nacluth
What a difference a game makes.
nacluth
Right now with Roti and Nigel out, we just have an open starter spot to fill each game. Willis has been filling in most games, Derrick got one. Coach seems to like Hall coming off the bench.

What do y'all see? Willis as a starter from here out and Tezeno's energy off the bench or has Derrick done enough to get to start with the big boys?
BigJack85
nacluth said:

Right now with Roti and Nigel out, we just have an open starter spot to fill each game. Willis has been filling in most games, Derrick got one. Coach seems to like Hall coming off the bench.

What do y'all see? Willis as a starter from here out and Tezeno's energy off the bench or has Derrick done enough to get to start with the big boys?

I like Tezeno coming off the bench. Early.
SFAJack_76
BigJack85 said:

nacluth said:

I like Tezeno coming off the bench. Early.
Ditto. Jackson-Posey got better when he wasn't starting like he was the first of the season. Settle down and watch the flow. Same with Hall. If we are starting a freshman, they better be an absolute stud.
SFAXE93
SFAJack_76
Noticed that David and Gavin are the only two seniors being spotlighted on social media.
nacluth
SFAJack_76 said:

Noticed that David and Gavin are the only two seniors being spotlighted on social media.
Interesting. At the game on Thursday, they said they would honor Diego as well. But let's face it, David and Gavin are the face of the team.
nacluth
The Jacks have a very low shot at getting one of the two top seeds, but if we can win on Wednesday we'll be in the catbird seat for a share of the WAC title.
No-look
Hoping the Jacks get a freshman of the year in the WAC
nacluth
No-look said:

Hoping the Jacks get a freshman of the year in the WAC
Taran Armstrong for Cal Baptist was the preseason favorite and is still probably the odds on favorite. Corbett from Chicago State is probably the most important freshman to a team.

Hall, Jossell, and Posey all have solid numbers. Hall has the best season numbers while Posey has been the most consistent in WAC play. I think the only way either one gets the nod over the first two is if we win the next two.
Txjack
As I am about to watch Coach Krzyzewski's last regular season game at Duke, the thought just occurred to me given all of his accomplishments, he never beat SFA!
djsfw57
Txjack said:

As I am about to watch Coach Krzyzewski's last regular season game at Duke, the thought just occurred to me given all of his accomplishments, he never beat SFA!
Makes me wonder how many teams he played but never beat. I'm sure there aren't many.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.