2021-2022 Lumberjack Basketball

157,860 Views | 1098 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SFAXE93
No-look
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone have the scoop on Nigels cast?
purpleballs
sfajack05 said:

I can't remember what they did to get it packed like this. I think we only sat down during halftime. I know it was a tv game on fox sports but it should be like this every game or at least when school is in session.

This is impressive. How long ago was this?
No-look
Scrimmage with Rice today?
No-look
I'm hearing 74-68 Rice
No-look
Watching GCU scrimmage on ESPN plus. Looks like a play off game.
SFASawmillGuy
We need to get our crowd back to the Underwood years.

Edit: Nothing negative about Kyle. The crowd with Brad was just consistently crazy.
cboothe09
That was '08. Kingsley, Alexander, Shaw...GREAT team and phenomenal atmosphere.
TallTexan
No-look said:

Watching GCU scrimmage on ESPN plus. Looks like a play off game.
You're allowed to have crowds at scrimmages?
sfa17
SFA_03 said:

Edit: Nothing negative about Kyle. The crowd with Brad was just consistently crazy.

Kyle is good. But underwood was consistently great. Just saying ..
No-look
sfa17 said:

SFA_03 said:

. There was a lot of buzz because of those tournament wins. We will get back there.
SFASawmillGuy
No-look said:

sfa17 said:

SFA_03 said:

. There was a lot of buzz because of those tournament wins. We will get back there.

Thats probably true. Brad's first year was good, but his second and third season we had sold out crowds multiple times. The games against Sam Houston we packed WRJ and had literally one of the most electric basketball environments I've ever seen, college or professional. I wish we had a decibel reader in the stadium for those games actually because it got loud.
I also miss students talking trash during the games. I feel like that doesn't happen anymore.
No-look
Also COVID did a number on the crowds last year.
SFAJack_76
Gavin putting in work.
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

Gavin putting in work.

Great place to start. Fraternities and Sororities will come out it they are asked.
No-look
Still no info on Nigels cast?
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA is ranked #119 in SI's preseason poll and picked 2nd in the WAC. Future opponent Kansas is #3 and WAC favorite NMSU is #96.

https://www.si.com/college/2021/11/02/ncaa-basketball-rankings-every-team-daily-cover
nacluth
Sounds about right to me. The WAC is going to be a lot harder. No dreaming of 18-0 conference seasons. Beating NMSU in Las Cruces is going to be tough. We have to build toward the conference tournament.
jboy93
What is the ticket situation to the Kansas game? Thinking about going. Do they have a 'visitors section" or do we just have to find tickets on line?
PurpleOut
Staff
jboy93 said:

What is the ticket situation to the Kansas game? Thinking about going. Do they have a 'visitors section" or do we just have to find tickets on line?
Still checking. As of a week or so ago we didn't have information on our allotment. In most cases KU has a very limited if non-existent visiting section behind the bench, and puts them up in the very top corner (not great).

There's quite a few tickets available on 3rd party sites, and you can get in the building for pretty cheap. You could definitely buy one now and then sell it if we get a better allotment.

I've got my eye on a few down low, just trying to figure out if I'm going solo or not.
jboy93
PurpleOut said:

jboy93 said:

Still checking. As of a week or so ago we didn't have information on our allotment. In most cases KU has a very limited if non-existent visiting section behind the bench, and puts them up in the very top corner (not great).

There's quite a few tickets available on 3rd party sites, and you can get in the building for pretty cheap. You could definitely buy one now and then sell it if we get a better allotment.

I've got my eye on a few down low, just trying to figure out if I'm going solo or not.
Allen Fieldhouse is not that big, correct? So even upper level shouldn't be that bad?
PurpleOut
Staff
jboy93 said:

PurpleOut said:

jboy93 said:

Allen Fieldhouse is not that big, correct? So even upper level shouldn't be that bad?
No it's really big. Capacity close to 17,000. They just cram them in there.

Upper sections are ok just don't get in the corners.
PurpleOut
Staff
Apparently at Meet The Jacks, Keller called it a "spiral fracture" for Nigel.

Not quite sure what that means, but doesn't sound great.
nacluth
My web medical degree says spiral fractures usually take 4 to 6 months to recover from. Hope he gets a better prognosis than that.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

I read it as a spinal fracture at first, so a spiral fracture sounds better than that.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

My web medical degree says spiral fractures usually take 4 to 6 months to recover from. Hope he gets a better prognosis than that.
Nigel said six weeks.
nacluth
SFAJack_76 said:

nacluth said:

Nigel said six weeks.
Great news.
djsfw57
PurpleOut said:

I had a spiral fracture of my leg years ago. It was insanely painful and took me quite a long time to recover from. Hope Nigel heals faster than I did!
Pilotgirl
Just dropping in to let yall know our Ladyjacks are receiving votes (16, in fact) for the Coaches Top 25 Poll....

It's important now, more than ever, to support our WBB program as there are no double headers. These Ladies will not disappoint you...they never give up & are so fun to watch/support. I'm excited about the Houston rematch and our trip to College Station (just bought $15 tickets to cheer them on at Reed arena).

Carry on!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

Just dropping in to let yall know our Ladyjacks are receiving votes (16, in fact) for the Coaches Top 25 Poll....

It's important now, more than ever, to support our WBB program as there are no double headers. These Ladies will not disappoint you...they never give up & are so fun to watch/support. I'm excited about the Houston rematch and our trip to College Station (just bought $15 tickets to cheer them on at Reed arena).

Carry on!

I'm going to be at one (maybe two) of their games in Katy over the Thanksgiving weekend.
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Pilotgirl said:

Carry on!

I'm going to be at one (maybe two) of their games in Katy over the Thanksgiving weekend.
Yes! We plan on being there on Saturday & Sunday!
PurpleOut
Staff
I haven't confirmed, but I think our game vs Southern may have been taken off the schedule. We still have it listed online, but Southern doesn't and we don't have it listed on the ticket site.

A month or so ago I saw a tweet saying Southern had to change a date and move two games and we were the odd man out.
nacluth
It was going to be a tune up, but at least it was D1.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

It was going to be a tune up, but at least it was D1.
They were ahead of us in the state rankings article. We needed this one.
nacluth
Wrong state.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

nacluth said:

Nigel said six weeks.

How was Hawkins injured? During practice or elsewhere?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.