2021-2022 Lumberjack Basketball

157,302 Views | 1098 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SFAXE93
No-look
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Posey should see the court a lot.
SFAJack_76
No-look said:

Yes.
PurpleOut
Staff
I think Nigel is the easy option, maybe the best option to start the season until we can see the younger guys in real action.

I like Posey in that position, and I prefer Nigel off the bench as our 6th man.

Coaches definitely know best.
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

Absolutely. 4460 says he has impressed this summer, and that's good enough for me. Coach K has lots of options off the bench. I think this is the deepest we've been with several legitimate very good players off the bench.
nacluth
This could be our deepest team. Gavin, Calvin, and Nana start a very good core inside group. If Aku or any of the others become a strong interior force, then we're going to be tough around the basket.

Guards are definitely the weakness until we see what we have. On paper, we're loaded. David and Roti are both solid, but also both have their own weaknesses. Nigel just treaded water last year. We're going to need several of these guards to really step up to help make this guard core fierce. I hope we have had another strong transfer class. We'll need it this year in the WAC.
LUMBERJACK2005
Speaking of Cam, I saw where he signed a professional contract to go play in Cyprus. That kid has had an eventful spring/summer.
cboothe09
Middle Tennessee to Pine Bluff to Cyprus...

nacluth
Good for him to get paid. I can think of worse places to be than Cyprus.
MasterAxe
I am never going to knock a kid for going to get paid, wherever it is.

I was led to believe that he wanted out of SFA to be closer to home, UAPB the destination.

(Checks Notes)

Cyprus is a bit further away from his home than Nac is.

TallTexan
nacluth
A new court? Or just new graphics? I guess they needed to sand all the stain off.
cboothe09
New court. Had a fan vote for new design a month or so ago online...
cboothe09
Definitely not judging him at all. I assume he is able to make more money in Cyprus than he would make via NIL in Pine Bluff...
Pilotgirl
MasterAxe said:

I am never going to knock a kid for going to get paid, wherever it is.

I was led to believe that he wanted out of SFA to be closer to home, UAPB the destination.

(Checks Notes)

Cyprus is a bit further away from his home than Nac is.

It's all about family...he needs/wants to help provide for them. As someone who has financially supported my small family since the age of 20, I certainly understand and respect his decision.
jboy93
I'm betting that Posey and Tezeno, as long as they stay healthy, have surprisingly awesome years!!! We are due to have strong performances from non transfer players.
jboy93
I think Solomon was a surprise, but I'm talking about borderline superstar performances.
No-look
jboy93 said:

I think Solomon was a surprise, but I'm talking about borderline superstar performances.
watch him and Kharee play at the state tourney. Was wondering why they didn't have many offers. I think some eyes were opened at the tourney.
sfa17
jboy93 said:

I'm betting that Posey and Tezeno, as long as they stay healthy, have surprisingly awesome years!!! We are due to have strong performances from non transfer players.

I feel every season we(me included) overestimate the impact a freshmen will have on the team. And usually is a zero to small impact.
No-look
sfa17 said:

jboy93 said:

I feel every season we(me included) overestimate the impact a freshmen will have on the team. And usually is a zero to small impact.
This time of the year we can be whatever we want to be. Lol. I can can get a lot more humble when the season starts.
PurpleOut
Staff
ACU dates:

1/5 in Abilene
2/26 in Nac

sfa17
PurpleOut
Staff
Chicago State

2/10 - Chicago
2/16 - Nac
PurpleOut
Staff
Also, they haven't put it on social media yet, but Davonte Fitzgerald has been added as a GA.

https://sfajacks.com/news/2021/8/24/mens-basketball-lumberjack-adds-davonte-lawrence-fitzgerald-to-staff-as-graduate-assistant.aspx
TallTexan
No-look
Watching the video of the players running and I think I counted 13. How many do we have total and is everyone here?
No-look
Any update on the roster? Schedule?
PurpleOut
Staff
I did see that both MBB and WBB teams will be out at Festival Park on Saturday for some sort of fundraiser or something to help that park.
SFAJack_76
Ljacks&Longnecks
Pick up a schedule?? WE have one of those??
nacluth

Keller telling my oldest to shape up.

Ladyjack support!
sfa17
Did anyone pick up this imaginary schedule?
nacluth
I'm out of town, but I asked my wife to look for it, but it was a no show.
SFAJack_76
sfa17 said:

Did anyone pick up this imaginary schedule?
None to be found. I hear we are one game short of having the schedule complete. From one of our new assistants, "nobody wants to play us." He says that a lot of the legwork is done by assistants. They work on a game for a couple of weeks, the other guy takes it to his head coach who then goes "Stephen F. Austin, nope."
sfa17
Dang, sounds
like what has been happening for the last 8 years
sfa17

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.